PNG/rumors

CCbigfan

6 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

Look, I like Coach Barrow. I'm not being critical of him here, and I agree that he's a smart guy. Which is why it doesn't surprise me that he came to the exact same conclusion I did and wasn't afraid to voice that conclusion. :)

If you want to assume that serves some ulterior purpose, that's on you. I tend to think the guy who was openly stating he hoped the other coaches didn't vote based on selfish reasons wouldn't vote for selfish reasons.

What selfish reasons do Vidor, Dayton, or Santa Fe have for voting in favor of the forfeit?

Didn't Santa Fe actually have the probability of making the playoffs go down with the forfeit?

I know BH had a playoff spot guaranteed and now they don't. Sounds pretty honorable to me.

Definitely doesn't sound like cheating.

4 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

What selfish reasons do Vidor, Dayton, or Santa Fe have for voting in favor of the forfeit?

Didn't Santa Fe actually have the probability of making the playoffs go down with the forfeit?

I know BH had a playoff spot guaranteed and now they don't. Sounds pretty honorable to me.

I didn't accuse the other schools of voting for selfish reasons. I simply said that Coach Barrow explicitly stated that he hoped nobody would, and this indicates to me he's less likely to have done so.

So many presumptions on this board.

5 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

Look, I like Coach Barrow. I'm not being critical of him here, and I agree that he's a smart guy. Which is why it doesn't surprise me that he came to the exact same conclusion I did and wasn't afraid to voice that conclusion. :)

If you want to assume that serves some ulterior purpose, that's on you. I tend to think the guy who was openly stating he hoped the other coaches didn't vote based on selfish reasons wouldn't vote for selfish reasons.

I’m sure you are a great lawyer, and that I am not.... read into it what you will but, no good coach gives his opponent ammo....If you think for one second he would call png out NOW.... we will just have to agree to disagree 

So to sum up these 23 pages here is a cliff notes version of what’s going on if you went ahead and skipped to the last page:

PNG fans are going to defend the infraction cause it’s against their fan base and it cost them a loss, this is normal as no one likes to see their team take a hit

BH fans are defending their coach cause it’s their fan base likewise responsible for the accusation which resulted in the removal of the W for PNG, and BH fans will defend BH cause as stated it’s their fan base and no one wants to think the team they support is in the wrong 

Crosby fans are slowing popping up again from the shadows cause after some ran their mouth and recieved a bad reputation are defending the motion brought cause it gives a squeeze of life back into their slowly withering playoff hopes. 

Everyone else is here to troll and pick at PNG.  

Thats all folks. 

I didn't accuse the other schools of voting for selfish reasons. I simply said that Coach Barrow explicitly stated that he hoped nobody would, and this indicates to me he's less likely to have done so.

Naw its just country bumkins not reading. 

9 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

8 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Cheating is cheating......  Rules state you can't video.

Have others done this?   Probably but they have had the common sense not to do it in the open.  Sounds like someone thought they were untouchable.

8 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

Like i said in an earlier post, the votes were known before the meeting ever took place.

Coach Barrow is smart and calculating, not reason to add fuel to the fire. Everything he says holds up, because nobody would want a coach to vote for selfish reasons.

Just do what is right and honorable.

13 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

I would like to apologize on behalf of Vidor for making PNG coaches violate the UIL rules set forth for all coaches in the State to follow. I am sure this whole situation was just an innocent one time mistake.

5 minutes ago, Bulldogpower said:

So to sum up these 23 pages here a cliff notes version of what’s going on if you went ahead and skipped to the last page:

PNG fans are going to defend the infraction cause it’s against their fan base and it cost them a loss, this is normal as no one likes to see their team take a hit

BH fans are defending their coach cause it’s their fan base likewise responsible for the accusation which resulted in the removal of the W for PNG, and BH fans will defend BH cause as stated it’s their fan base and no one wants to think the team they support is in the wrong 

Crosby fans are slowing popping up again from the shadows cause after some ran their mouth and recieved a bad reputation are defending the motion brought cause it gives a squeeze of life back into their slowly withering playoff hopes. 

Everyone else is here to troll and pick at PNG.  

Thats all folks. 

100% correct.

Now go crush them for us and the old 22-5a sake. They are like cockroaches and keep coming back!

11 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Like i said in an earlier post, the votes were known before the meeting ever took place.

Coach Barrow is smart and calculating, not reason to add fuel to the fire. Everything he says holds up, because nobody would want a coach to vote for selfish reasons.

Just do what is right and honorable.

You realize that if the votes were known before the meeting ever took place, it wasn't a "right and honorable" vote, right? That's akin to saying the jury had its mind made up before the trial ever started.

You were realize that if the votes were known before the meeting ever took place, it wasn't a "right and honorable" vote, right? That's akin to saying the jury had its mind made up before the trial ever started.

This is not a courtroom.

And, you never ask a question that you don't know the answer to.

Cross Examination 101.

I bet this thread is bigger than the MCM thread. 23 pages in 2 days. MCM doesnt have that much to talk about other than:

PNG SIDE- Shug gonna get yall 

NED SIDE- Nuh Uh! Yall D is poo and your coach cracks! WE are gonna get YALL!

PNG- This year is different

NED- Prove it!

Done.

7 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

This is not a courtroom.

And, you never ask a question that you don't know the answer to.

Cross Examination 101.

I fail to see how that's applicable to what I said, but okay.

In any event, it may not matter if it's a courtroom at all. If the coaches' minds were really made up based on ulterior motives before the meeting ever took place, that could be bad faith and the basis for a lawsuit. Just spitballing, here.

And more to the point, all I'm saying is that if you're going to preach the "right and honorable" narrative, it's probably not a good idea to state your view that the district committee wasn't doing the "right and honorable" thing in voting the way it did.

4 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

I fail to see how that's applicable to what I said, but okay.

In any event, it may not matter if it's a courtroom at all. If the coaches' minds were really made up based on ulterior motives before the meeting ever took place, that could be bad faith and the basis for a lawsuit. Just spitballing, here.

And more to the point, all I'm saying is that if you're going to preach the "right and honorable" narrative, it's probably not a good idea to state your view that the district committee wasn't doing the "right and honorable" thing in voting the way it did.

They already had all of the information prior to the meeting. They didn't go into the meeting blind. The facts are simple and the evidence is obvious. The parties involved (PNG) stipulated to the wrongful act of employing digital recording (picture taking) devices during the course of a contest. The only thing being contested is whether the information obtained from an illegal source was used during the course of the contest. However, the use of the device is violation enough to warrant forfeiture. 

11 minutes ago, PABorn said:

Well I stand corrected. They should be stripped of those wins to. The proof is in the pudding. 

The point was, people posting any ole thing and not having a clue.

Just like on facebook. People posting we struggle during the first half, then come out all better the second, because of cheating. Not true.