PNG/rumors

CCbigfan

6 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

I'm thing BF might want to hold off on an appeal, some new and damaging information might come to light.

That appeal process can get a little sticky when you start interviewing past coaches and what goes on during a normal Friday night in the press box.

I'm not familiar with the UIL's appeals process, but ordinary appeals processes don't allow for additional fact finding in most circumstances (i.e., if polling a juror reveals something important, like I previously indicated). I suspect all that would ordinarily be up for review is the record as it was when the vote was taken.

6 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

No, I don't presume anything. I'm merely pointing out that the facts that were stipulated to by all of the parties involved don't include what you're arguing.

Monte Barrow, one of the fact-finders who voted on this and the head coach of PN-G's arch rival, explicitly stated that the infraction had no effect on the outcome of a close game that came down to the final possession. If the facts were such that the coach taking the pictures was using them in a way that affected the outcome of the game, he wouldn't be saying that.

And what would you expect Monte to say? On a local news station?  He has no skin in this, and is wise to pick and choose his words carefully. Certainly doesn’t want to be the 2nd  HC sporting a black eye. Surely wouldn’t give any bulletin board material to them..... you think he’s gonna call em out as cheaters for all to hear and see... and only a week or so away from MCM, with a potential DC on the line....He will never give you motivation, that I’m certain of.

6 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

I'm not familiar with the UIL's appeals process, but ordinary appeals processes don't allow for additional fact finding in most circumstances (for example, if polling a juror reveals something important, like I previously indicated). I suspect all that would ordinarily be up for review is the record as it was when the vote was taken.

Your right, you don't know the UIL.

They will call additional witnesses and the truth will be sought out with extreme prejudice.

5 minutes ago, outanup said:

And what would you expect Monte to say? On a local news station?  He has no skin in this, and is wise to pick and choose his words carefully. Certainly doesn’t want to be the 2nd  HC sporting a black eye. Surely wouldn’t give any bulletin board material to them..... you think he’s gonna call em out as cheaters for all to hear and see... and only a week or so away from MCM, with a potential DC on the line....He will never give you motivation, that I’m certain of.

The truth, maybe? I mean, if you want to say your own head coach is lying, that's your business, but I'm going to take him at his word.

6 minutes ago, outanup said:

LOL. he would do all that to not give us motivation? Thousands of people are reading what he's saying. Now you're fishtailing like us..lol

8 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

He's a lawyer.

Not sure how good of a lawyer, but a lawyer just the same.

Maybe he should go represent PNG if they appeal. Then they all can look like a$$e$ together when the UIL shows them pictures of the infraction. 

5 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

The truth, maybe? I mean, if you want to say your own head coach is lying, that's your business, but I'm going to take him at his word.

Kinda like when we played Baytown Lee...... He would of bet his paycheck we would stomp a mud hole in em... But you would never hear him say it on tv... or anywhere else. Savvy!!!!

4 minutes ago, outanup said:

Kinda like when we played Baytown Lee...... He would of bet his paycheck we would stomp a mud hole in em... But you would never hear him say it on tv... or anywhere else. Savvy!!!!

I think there's a significant difference between respecting your opponent and stating your rationale in a decision you made, but okay.

5 minutes ago, outanup said:

So it would be rational to motivate your 90 year rival? Whom you face in less than 2 weeks? With so much on the line.... Monte is 8-0 for a reason.... he’s a smart guy.

If that was the goal, it would be rational to simply decline to comment. After all, Nederland also plays Crosby this week.

4 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Crosby posters on here talking about honor. That's good stuff. 

Trust me, NOBODY from Crosby is defending our school board for the situation they have put us in. Yet, PNG is going to the grave with “the glove don’t fit” defense. 

7 minutes ago, CCRed said:

Trust me, NOBODY from Crosby is defending our school board for the situation they have put us in. Yet, PNG is going to the grave with “the glove don’t fit” defense. 

Idk if most are. I think people understand what happened. A middle school coach has an ipad in the press box. Whatever the intentions were, it cost them a win.

What's wrong with that defense? It helped OJ get away with double-murder.

35 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Ok, sure.

Maybe Monte doesn't want to give any more ammunition to PNG prior to them playing in two weeks.

Everybody went into that meeting already knowing what the vote was going to be, Coaches  talk to each other.

Those quotes mean nothing, because 3 other coaches (5 if you count BH and Crosby) felt differently. 

Or maybe Faircloth knows Barrow does the same thing. These are High School Football Coaches that are always looking for an edge, they aren’t Alter Boys!

4 minutes ago, outanup said:

He accomplished his goal.... he could of declined.... and left people to speculate and assume. But, he smoothed it over instead... Again, a smart guy.

Look, I like Coach Barrow. I'm not being critical of him here, and I agree that he's a smart guy. Which is why it doesn't surprise me that he came to the exact same conclusion I did and wasn't afraid to voice that conclusion. :)

If you want to assume that serves some ulterior purpose, that's on you. I tend to think the guy who was openly stating he hoped the other coaches didn't vote based on selfish reasons wouldn't vote for selfish reasons.