PNG/rumors

CCbigfan

1 hour ago, BH4EVER said:

Kudos to Coach Westerburg for doing the right thing.  There are not many out there any longer that will stand up for what is right. if you agree that it is okay to cheat shame on you. This is embarrassing and even more embarrassing that you folks are okay with cheating.  We are supposed to be adults and teaching values!  Go BH!

Westeberg said " I would not have turned it in if it were to shape the district race" "as it stood we were in the playoffs"

He wouldn't have turned it in if the BH wasnt already in the playoffs? So honest sometimes?

9 minutes ago, badndn said:

You can be an ass or a standup guy, but I never insinuated such. I simply asked if they had a monitor showing the game in coaches boothes. If you go to a PNG game there are monitors at the concession stands showing the live feed, but you, I or anyone else for that matter can do anything with the image other than turn it on or off. 

Crosby’s box is way up there. I can see a live feed monitor in each box for the coaches to get a decent view of the field. 

And again I ask only because I find it hard to believe that the screen in the picture posted is that of a monster sized tablet. I think the infraction was actually not shown in the picture posted. 

I can be both...depends on who you ask and what day of the week it is...

30 minutes ago, NDNation said:

Westeberg said " I would not have turned it in if it were to shape the district race" "as it stood we were in the playoffs"

He wouldn't have turned it in if the BH wasnt already in the playoffs? So honest sometimes?

Actually BH had a spot before the infraction, and now it is possible they could lose that spot.

I believe there is a simple way to avoid all this technology problem, in the future.  Have the police strip search every coach, at every stadium, as they enter the press box.  If any coach, entering the door of the press box, is found to have any type of technology that can photograph, or tape the game, it is an automatic forfeit.  Everyone goes home early.  Problem solved. Simple huh?

48 minutes ago, bulldawg64 said:

Just do not do it period all solved! 

Imo, in this technology age, the rule is ridiculous.  It’s like not letting kids use a calculator in math class.  All the teams trade videos.  Most know what the others do anyway, except some tweaking.  The NCAA needs to look at this rule.

1 hour ago, PNG_Fan said:

Because the better athletes come from BS, just like PNG better athletes come from Groves!!

Barrett Station is over 60% Hispanic now. This statement would've made sense in the 90's but now it's pretty asinine. I would imagine that only about 20% of the kids we've signed in the last decade or so have come from Barret Station. There is a lot more "mobility" in Crosby ISD now.

2 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

We all know Crosby would have had iPads in the coaches booth too but they had to sell theirs to pay off some debt. 

The kids haven't had books in a while so I would imagine even being in the hole that we could've spared one of the 1000's of tablets and laptops we have in the district.  

As I understand it, everyone has stipulated to the facts. One of PN-G's coaches had an iPad in the pressbox, which the rules clearly prohibit. That said, there is no evidence, and none of the Barbers Hill coaches have suggested, that the iPad was being used for any illicit purpose or that its presence in any way contributed to PN-G's performance in the game.

I'd appeal for no other reason than that. I fail to see how the punishment fits the crime, and ultimately it's the players that are being penalized for something that they didn't do and that didn't benefit them. I'm not familiar with what enforcement powers the UIL does and doesn't have, but it seems more appropriate to hand the coach a suspension for a game or two then to totally vacate the win. Discipline the coach, don't penalize the kids.

8 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

As I understand it, everyone has stipulated to the facts. One of PN-G's coaches had an iPad in the pressbox, which the rules clearly prohibit. That said, there is no evidence, and none of the Barbers Hill coaches have suggested, that the iPad was being used for any illicit purpose or that its presence in any way contributed to PN-G's performance in the game.

I'd appeal for no other reason than that. I fail to see how the punishment fits the crime, and ultimately it's the players that are being penalized for something that they didn't do and that didn't benefit them. I'm not familiar with what enforcement powers the UIL does and doesn't, but it seems more appropriate to hand the coach a suspension for a game or two then to totally vacate the win.

Theres a picture atached to this post. Can you see it? 

This reminds me of laws that we have to all abide by. When someone is arrested and everyone cries about how stupid of a law it is. Just like an officer can't dictate what the law reads, BH coaches can't dictate what the rules are. The old 22-5a, we've already called ya'll out on deplorable grass fields, and now calling ya'll out on ipadgate, ya'll just need to get on our level. The best damn school district around, Barbers Hill ISD!!!!!!!!! Scalp the NDNS

Well, even with this being Crosby's worst season in nearly a decade and PNG having their best player ever they still felt the need to cheat to secure a 3 point victory. You almost have to be sure they cheated to get the last 3 point victory in bi-district last year also. I guess when you're a mediocre coach before RJ shows up you have to do everything you can to maximize your time with him? If you want to argue that point just look at the one year Crosby loses their qb and doesn't have a stud backup, you go from beating Manvel to losing to BH. I would imagine the coaches that are still here figuring out how they're going to pay their mortgages after the season have a lot more to do with the current situation though.  

Luckily, Westeberg found a way to help to mitigate future arse whippings and decided to snitch on something PNG has probably been doing for a long time. Otherwise Crosby almost certainly misses the playoffs for the first time in 15 years. With us not being able to get anything from the qb position and Lee getting their qb back it's still highly possible that we go 0-2 but I'm hoping these seniors and this staff can find a way to go be Code Red again for at least a few more games. Crosby has been on life support since two series into the Vidor game and thanks to a Bush league move by the honor, pride, tradition, deceit school they haven't pulled the plug on us yet.   

8 minutes ago, PABorn said:

Well it was the picture of the coach with the iPad videoing the game, that was turned in to the district. 

I already knew that, but I don't see how that affects my argument. Even if he was videoing the game, it's only a violation of the rules if he uses the video "for coaching purposes." It's entirely possible that he intended to review the film for use after the game, but there's no evidence that he did, and the facts that everyone has stipulated to, as I understand them, clearly show that the video wasn't used for any coaching purpose during the game. Ergo, the violation didn't contribute to the win that was vacated, which brings me right back to my original point: the punishment doesn't fit the crime. The kids are getting penalized for a coach's mistake they had nothing to do with. Discipline him.

23 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

I'd appeal for no other reason than that. I fail to see how the punishment fits the crime, and ultimately it's the players that are being penalized for something that they didn't do and that didn't benefit them. I'm not familiar with what enforcement powers the UIL does and doesn't have, but it seems more appropriate to hand the coach a suspension for a game or two then to totally vacate the win. Discipline the coach, don't penalize the kids.

So what about the Crosby kids , they had nothing to do with it either, just saying coaches decision affects both schools 

25 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

Assistant Superintendent Julie Gauthier blamed the violation, which occurred during the Indians’ 48-45 win over Crosby on Oct. 12, on a lack of understanding of the specific rule.

“One of our coaches who didn’t know the rule had the iPad propped against the glass in the press box taking photos,” Gauthier said.

This is from the Enterprise article.

This tells me the violation was deliberate and they were gaining an advantage.

Now who knew the rule and who didn't is debatable. And the fact that Faircloth was aware of the violation is also debatable.

However, he is ultimately responsible for the actions of his coaches. 

so.........

3 minutes ago, 3rdandlong said:

So what about the Crosby kids , they had nothing to do with it either, just saying coaches decision affects both schools 

No, it didn't, and that's an integral part of my whole point. As I understand them, the facts are that the video was being taken during the game but wasn't being used during the game. Ergo, it had no effect on the outcome or on the Crosby players.

6 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Assistant Superintendent Julie Gauthier blamed the violation, which occurred during the Indians’ 48-45 win over Crosby on Oct. 12, on a lack of understanding of the specific rule.

“One of our coaches who didn’t know the rule had the iPad propped against the glass in the press box taking photos,” Gauthier said.

This is from the Enterprise article.

This tells me the violation was deliberate and they were gaining an advantage.

Now who knew the rule and who didn't is debatable. And the fact that Faircloth was aware of the violation is also debatable.

However, he is ultimately responsible for the actions of his coaches. 

so.........

And thousands upon thousands of pictures are taken by the fans at every PN-G football game week in and week out. The mere fact pictures are being taken doesn't affect the outcome of the game. What affects the outcome of the game is if those pictures are somehow influencing coaching decisions, and there's nothing in the facts here that indicates they were. So, if the pictures didn't contribute to the win, the win shouldn't be vacated.

This is the hidden content, please

"Nederland Coach Monte Barrow said he believes the PN-G coach was telling the truth.

"We felt like taking that away from their kids was not the right thing to do," said Coach Barrow.

"The score on the field in my opinion, was not swayed by what happened with that Ipad."

" "Hopefully everybody went in there not thinking what their vote would do for them but what it would do for the two teams involved and how it would affect the players involved in the game," said Coach Barrow."

4 minutes ago, NDNation said:

This is the hidden content, please

"Nederland Coach Monte Barrow said he believes the PN-G coach was telling the truth.

"We felt like taking that away from their kids was not the right thing to do," said Coach Barrow.

"The score on the field in my opinion, was not swayed by what happened with that Ipad."

" "Hopefully everybody went in there not thinking what their vote would do for them but what it would do for the two teams involved and how it would affect the players involved in the game," said Coach Barrow."

Bingo.