#8 Franklin (4-0) @ Diboll (4-0)

lionpride08

Franklin will be heading into this game with 5 straight shut outs (277-0) and bring the #1 ranked offense in central texas (49.6 points per game 491.3 yards per game 2950 yards total before trinity game) and #2 ranked Defense in central texas (5.1 points per game against 178 yards avg against 1249 total yards against) them into The Woodshed...... Diboll is comin into this game with a 69 to 0 win over Westwood and is still unbeaten on the year... Thoughts on this one

2 hours ago, BearEssentials97 said:

Diboll had been solid all year long. And a little bit under the radar.  But the undefeated streak ends in a close one. Diboll has the look of a team going three to four rounds. No shame here if they lose.

I agree that they have been flying under the radar... Gladewater Tatum and Atlanta has been talked about all year long since they dropped down... Diboll has flew under everyone's radar but not the Franklin folks... Franklin team coaching staff and fans have been keepin up with them since week 1 as well as crockett.... Wont catch us by surprise

14 hours ago, longball24 said:

If Gums were healthy this game would not be close, still think Diboll pulls it out but it could go either way.

Franklin brought back everyone from last years team and had to face D1 talent last year as well.... Rockdale had 2 players go D1 (Oklahoma and Kansas) dont think it would have surprised us

14 hours ago, longball24 said:

If Gums were healthy this game would not be close, still think Diboll pulls it out but it could go either way.

Herbert could definitely take over a game on offense and defense. I really hate it for the young man that he missed this season. Herbert in the backfield with his brother and McMillan is almost unstoppable. Hopefully we get to see it next season as all of them return. 

25 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

That and Franklin's pass D has improved.... No one has even scored on our back ups the last 5 games.. Back ups have a couple ints and a pick 6...

Let’s be honest, the district is pretty weak outside Diboll, Franklin, and Crockett.  Franklins last 4 opponents have a combined record of 7-28.  I’ll admit that Franklin had a tougher predistrict schedule (Lorena and Mart), but since then, been a cakewalk.  Still perplexed on how Diboll fared vs Coldspring.  This will be the toughest challenge for Diboll all season, and toughest game for Franklin since the Mart game.  

3 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

It could go either way, but Diboll has to throw the ball better than they have all season if they are going to beat Franklin.

I agree with you here. McMillan is a beast but he will need some help in this game. Diboll has shown that they can throw it to keep the defense honest so I expect them to mix it up this week.

52 minutes ago, ballwatch said:

Let’s be honest, the district is pretty weak outside Diboll, Franklin, and Crockett.  Franklins last 4 opponents have a combined record of 7-28.  I’ll admit that Franklin had a tougher predistrict schedule (Lorena and Mart), but since then, been a cakewalk.  Still perplexed on how Diboll fared vs Coldspring.  This will be the toughest challenge for Diboll all season, and toughest game for Franklin since the Mart game.  

I agree the dist is pretty weak last year we were in the toughest dist in the state... We will know where we stand after this game.... But the argument of who has franklin played to me doesn't make sense... These kids have been playing together for the last 3 and 4 years... They have played the Cameron's rockdale, navasota, teague, waco connally, lorena, newton and played in state championship against waskom.... Just because these kids have a weak schedule this year doesn't mean they forgot how to play football... Staying healthy is the key this year

Guest ECBucFan
On 10/29/2018 at 3:28 PM, lionpride08 said:

Lmao get past the 2nd round first

Just watch. This is the best EC team of the last 10 or 20 years. In the first few rounds EC will not be challenged. I look for a EC v. Woodville rematch.    

8 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

Just watch. This is the best EC team of the last 10 or 20 years. In the first few rounds EC will not be challenged. I look for a EC v. Woodville rematch.    

We went to state 3 years ago and this team this year could possibly be even better then the 2015 team... We have never had this many running backs that were just as good as the starting running back... 6 running backs that all can take it to the house at any given time plus got wr's and te that got good hands... Defense is has good team speed over all and everyone has a nose for the ball... First round yall will draw either franklin diboll or crockett 2nd round you will get either rockdale teague grandview west or whitney.... Not sure ec makes it out of the 1st round then have to deal with the 2nd round teams