Crosby@Nederland

navydawg31

1 hour ago, KF89 said:

There was no weakness with Stansbury or Riggs with Nederland secondary. Every pass stansbury caught was under 8 yds in the 1st half becuz he was tackled immediately after short receptions & Ned db’s stepped up & shut down big plays by all png wr’s all nite & intercepted png 2 times  13-24 99yds equals about 7yds a catch compared to about 9 yds a carry by Mr. Johnson even the dumbest coach knows to let Mr. Johnson run becuz the wr’s were not getting it done.  Mr. Stansbury was given what Ned db’s wanted to give them then tightened up coverage on him on 3rd downs which amounts to not much of an advantage .Come on man give credit when credit is due to Ned secondary,Faircloth & his offensive coaches went away from the pass becuz Ned db’s shut it down & Knew Mr. Johnsons running ability was png  best option to win 

I wholeheartedly disagree. This is Cams Stat line that game.

Cameron Stansbury 7-67

There are more to stats than just reading the QB stat line. While he overall passing average was 7 yards, to CAM it was nearly 10.

That means Cam had nearly 10 yards a catch every time HE touched the ball. Ned made an effort to take away Riggs and Hughes which they did very well because Roschon only had 6 other completions in the game. At nearly 10 yards a catch from Stansbury, as you now know, that is nearly a first down every catch. You DONT go away from that. As I said before, you don't go away from what works. If they stay with the pass and Cam has a game as productive in the 3rd and 4th as he did in the first and second, PNG has more first downs, meaning less running on Johnson, and that may open Riggs later. Just if he doubles his catches and yards its a 14 catch 134 yard game. You DO give your DT QB chances to make plays in the passing game so he CAN close with the RUN.

Not trying to take away from Ned, but BF gives you guys games with his decisions. Now if PNG can make a stand on D, none of all what I said matters anyway. Just an observation. Now go beat Crosby!

Neds D has been solid all year, United, Santa Fe, Dayton and Vidor all had goose eggs on the board at the half, and WOS only points were from their defense, so that's pretty good....but that D will be put to the test the next 2 weeks, I would think Crosby and PNG have the 2 best offenses  in the District.....I think Nederland takes it this week, but Crosby won't make it easy at all!

19 hours ago, Jack Da Rabbit said:

I wholeheartedly disagree. This is Cams Stat line that game.

Cameron Stansbury 7-67

There are more to stats than just reading the QB stat line. While he overall passing average was 7 yards, to CAM it was nearly 10.

That means Cam had nearly 10 yards a catch every time HE touched the ball. Ned made an effort to take away Riggs and Hughes which they did very well because Roschon only had 6 other completions in the game. At nearly 10 yards a catch from Stansbury, as you now know, that is nearly a first down every catch. You DONT go away from that. As I said before, you don't go away from what works. If they stay with the pass and Cam has a game as productive in the 3rd and 4th as he did in the first and second, PNG has more first downs, meaning less running on Johnson, and that may open Riggs later. Just if he doubles his catches and yards its a 14 catch 134 yard game. You DO give your DT QB chances to make plays in the passing game so he CAN close with the RUN.

Not trying to take away from Ned, but BF gives you guys games with his decisions. Now if PNG can make a stand on D, none of all what I said matters anyway. Just an observation. Now go beat Crosby!

You lost the game.  Period.  And they don't play again till next week.   Crosby is up next.