Splendora @ Lumberton / District title on line for both teams

VP93....

4 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

That's pretty fair Alpha...I think this game could potentially be so close as to be decided just like the LC-M / Splendora game...whoever gets the ball last will win the game. I hope both teams stay safe and play their hearts out. Can't wait for Friday Night! This is the game I've picked to go watch for the week, so I'm looking forward to a good one!

Thanks for the encouragement Alpha. No doubt  your boys and the other 5A teams have made us better. 

Glad to have you Smash.  We have not played a game with this much on the line in ten years so I will guarantee one thing.....you are gonna see a war and 110% effort from the L-Trrain. 

On 10/30/2018 at 9:46 AM, Lukethadrifter said:

Leaving the house around 4:30 and headed east to Beaumont/Lumberton so help me out guys. Where am I gonna eat at? Point the way to some good vittles. 

Depending on what you are looking for, you can't go wrong with one of these:

Brick Oven Pizza, Catfish Cabin, Going's BBQ, Napoli's Italian, Juan's or MiPueblo Mexican  or Hamburger Depot. I personally would not choose Tia Juanita's unless for the alcohol only but that's just me. And Kotoyama is good for Japanese. 

On 10/31/2018 at 9:00 PM, raideroldtimer said:

Actually, if you take a closer look at the Lumberton Band uniforms they are actually Royal Blue with a part of them being Columbian Blue and rather than quote two different people, Lumnbertons' school colors are Red, White, Columbian Blue and Silver, we have four colors.

I graduated from there also in 1977 and the decision way back in 1967 was that the colors would be those four. Now that being said there was a time period when the school seemed to be lost as far as the colors went and people were trying to change the colors. Mostly they were wanting to change Columbian blue to the Royal blue but they finally got their head together and went back to what it's supposed to be.

You are correct. Lumberton does have 4 colors. Main color is Columbian Blue. Then it is Red outlined in silver & white

I could see a low scoring game too.   Instead of the 31-27 type scores I've seen on here, could see it more like 17-13.   Two keys that I think will affect score:  Stopping Lumberton running game and stopping Splendora passing game. Whichever team is able to stop the other's strength will win.  If both team's stop the other one's strength, then I think Splendora running game is better than Lumberton passing game and they have a better chance of winning.

2 hours ago, Coach #23 said:

I could see a low scoring game too.   Instead of the 31-27 type scores I've seen on here, could see it more like 17-13.   Two keys that I think will affect score:  Stopping Lumberton running game and stopping Splendora passing game. Whichever team is able to stop the other's strength will win.  If both team's stop the other one's strength, then I think Splendora running game is better than Lumberton passing game and they have a better chance of winning.

If it comes down to them running, then I believe our run defense is better than their running game which is better than our passing game.