Splendora @ Lumberton / District title on line for both teams

VP93....

Should be a good game. I think Alfaro being back has helped the pass defense.  Key to most games is turnovers and special teams. Whoever wins the turnover battle and makes a couple big plays on special teams will win.  Hope it's competitive and no one gets hurt.  If Lumberton can stop the pass, should be a close one.  If not, Spendora wins by 10+

1 hour ago, Guitar Man said:

I can't wait for Friday night. Regardless of what is said or what you all think, this game is BIG and has HUGE implications. I think both teams will show up ready to play and it will be one the better games to be at on Friday night! The team with the highest rushing yards versus the number 1 run defense team, it will be a fight and I predict a close a game with the Raiders getting the victory.  

Had you pegged from Splendora. Do you think Lumberton will be forced to pass? 

3 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

I think he is which makes his posts even more ridiculous. I’ve never seen anybody trash their own football team so much whenever they are in place to win an outright district championship for the first time ever. Do i need to remind people that we are talking about Lumberton here. The same Lumberton that has won a tri district championship, and bi district championship, and been to the playoffs as a fourth seed. Other than that we’ve been irrelevant throughout our 50 years of football. And here we are in this position and people still find stuff to gripe about.

We held Jasper to less points than wos did (yeah let that hit you. Our defense did better than wos did). We lost to a pretty good Concordia team who also beat Huffman as well. So they aren’t no slouch. And we were about 3 blown coverages away from making it a very close and interesting game with a Silsbee team that only allowed 21 points to Nederland two weeks before. The same Nederland team who is still undefeated to this point.

I’d say, all things considered (and remember it’s Lumberton we’re talking about), we’re having a pretty dang good year. And I’m looking forward to the next several years.

He's gotta be a dad upset about son being done wrong, in his mind. I don't know any other reason for someone to be that bitter and ugly during a winning season. Can't please em all

I think Lumberton have to throw it a little to win.  Maybe not much.   Convert on a 3rd down or two late to secure a win.  Be nice to see Babin add a wrinkle or two in the offense.  Something nobody has seen.  4 wr's and 1 rb stuff. Think that would spread Splendora out and allow Boykin spaces to run.  Also throwing a few wr screens or slants early would help qb timing for later in game if the pass is needed

15 hours ago, Coach #23 said:

I think Lumberton have to throw it a little to win.  Maybe not much.   Convert on a 3rd down or two late to secure a win.  Be nice to see Babin add a wrinkle or two in the offense.  Something nobody has seen.  4 wr's and 1 rb stuff. Think that would spread Splendora out and allow Boykin spaces to run.  Also throwing a few wr screens or slants early would help qb timing for later in game if the pass is needed

Ask Huffman how that worked.

23 minutes ago, livefor2day said:

If their BIG #23 runs the ball like they say he can and if he comes off the edge like they say he can on defense then Splendora might have problems.  I think Splendora has a BIG boy also that can play.  WHO IS BETTER FOR THOSE WHO HAVE WATCHED?

They're both pretty equally matched. Lumberton's Big #23 might have the advantage over Splendora's Big #41, but they are VERY similar. Both are full time DE's on Defense. Both split time in the backfield with other running backs. Splendora's kid gets thrown swing and flat passes too (that's how it was when I watched them play LC-M at least) whereas Lumberton's boy is more downhill and in your face - he takes some snaps in a Wildcat situation too. It seems that the kid from Splendora gets more time on offense than the kid from Lumberton. That may just be my assumption based on the few times I have seen either team play.

1 hour ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Calpreps prediction...

Splendora 28

Lumberton 31

As an old district foe of Lumberton's (Beaumont Central) for the last several years, the Raiders earned my respect the last 2 games.  They have also played teams like PA Memorial, PN-G, Nederland and Vidor the last 2 years and for this reason, I picked them at the beginning of the season to win district.  I won't predict a score but I'm sticking with the Raiders at home...

8 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

As an old district foe of Lumberton's (Beaumont Central) for the last several years, the Raiders earned my respect the last 2 games.  They have also played teams like PA Memorial, PN-G, Nederland and Vidor the last 2 years and for this reason, I picked them at the beginning of the season to win district.  I won't predict a score but I'm sticking with the Raiders at home...

Splendora has played New Caney, B Hill, and Crosby for the last 2 years. 

3 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

That's pretty fair Alpha...I think this game could potentially be so close as to be decided just like the LC-M / Splendora game...whoever gets the ball last will win the game. I hope both teams stay safe and play their hearts out. Can't wait for Friday Night! This is the game I've picked to go watch for the week, so I'm looking forward to a good one!

23 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I didn't expect splendora to be at this point.  I predicted the Huffman/Lumberton game to be for the district title before the season....

That was exactly my thoughts too. But you never know what to expect when you mix a bunch of teen boys, stir in some coaches fighting for their jobs, massive redistricting and some Friday Night Lights!