Splendora @ Lumberton / District title on line for both teams

VP93....

11 hours ago, 85LHSTAMU89 said:

You are right and he got what he was looking for.  We should just keep talking about the game and ignore what is not football as you would probably much rather do as well.   So here is a question for Soulja and anyone else that would like to give their prediction:

Assuming Splendora cannot run the ball any better than our last 3 district opponents (Less than 100 yards) and we run to our average (About 400 yards).......

Can Lumberton win with 1 pick per 100 yards given up through the air ( I think we have 15 on the season with 3 returned for TD)?

Why is everyone assuming Splendora will not be able to run the ball?  According to Maxpreps they have rushed for 1084 in their 3 district ball games combined.  

55 minutes ago, Nuttin'buttnet said:

Why is everyone assuming Splendora will not be able to run the ball?  According to Maxpreps they have rushed for 1084 in their 3 district ball games combined.  

Most of those yard came from them running the dog poo out of Livingston when they put 89 points on them. That stat is a little skewed by that game. I promise Lumberton will be 100 times better against the run. 

11 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

Two ways to looks at that. That game was a one score game until four minutes left. So yeah their defense played better against Huffman than ours did, but we scored almost double the points.

So basically if you wanna use common opponents the only opinion you can draw from that game is Splendora defense is better and Lumberton offense is better.

Easy on the scored double... One score was in OT. One score was a bobbled triple coverage fluke play. One was a pick 6. Although all scores, you may want to count 17 points as a "true" score. 

This thread reminds me of 2015 when Lumberton played Vidor. Vidor had scored 30 points on a really good Nederland team and barely lost by 6. They put up 83 points on Baytown Lee (the equivalent of Livingston this year). Vidor was probably averaging close to 400-500 yards rushing a game. If my memory is correct, they had one first down in the first half against us. And we held them to 13 points in the game.

I don’t really make a habit of bringing up previous years because they don’t affect the here and now, but my point is running teams don’t scare Lumberton, just like big Mott shut down the run in 2015, Mason along with Hooks and company will continue to stuff the run. I’ve got a TON of respect for the Silsbee running backs, but ask any Silsbee fan on here how much they ran the ball on Lumberton.. not much! Does Splendora have better backs than Martin, Taylor, or Arline?

If your gonna beat us it will be through the air (once again ask Soulja how Silsbee pulled off the win this year). Btw, our pass defense has improved tremendously. Our starting running back is back. And our young qb has 2 more games under his belt than he did against Huffman. So we’ll be alright on offense.

I’ll end with this: if I’m wrong, if Splendora runs all over us on their way to a victory and an outright DC, I’ll be the first one on here eating crow. And I’ll do my best internet handshake and congratulations. Until then, I’m pretty confident in our run defense!

5 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

This thread reminds me of 2015 when Lumberton played Vidor. Vidor had scored 30 points on a really good Nederland team and barely lost by 6. They put up 83 points on Baytown Lee (the equivalent of Livingston this year). Vidor was probably averaging close to 400-500 yards rushing a game. If my memory is correct, they had one first down in the first half against us. And we held them to 13 points in the game.

I don’t really make a habit of bringing up previous years because they don’t affect the here and now, but my point is running teams don’t scare Lumberton, just like big Mott shut down the run in 2015, Mason along with Hooks and company will continue to stuff the run. I’ve got a TON of respect for the Silsbee running backs, but ask any Silsbee fan on here how much they ran the ball on Lumberton.. not much! Does Splendora have better backs than Martin, Taylor, or Arline?

If your gonna beat us it will be through the air (once again ask Soulja how Silsbee pulled off the win this year). Btw, our pass defense has improved tremendously. Our starting running back is back. And our young qb has 2 more games under his belt than he did against Huffman. So we’ll be alright on offense.

I’ll end with this: if I’m wrong, if Splendora runs all over us on their way to a victory and an outright DC, I’ll be the first one on here eating crow. And I’ll do my best internet handshake and congratulations. Until then, I’m pretty confident in our run defense!

That’s good long one. You will need one of those against LCM. 

12 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Was at that game. Lumberton 2015 had some players. That game was an absolute domination.

14 hours ago, raideroldtimer said:

Actually, if you take a closer look at the Lumberton Band uniforms they are actually Royal Blue with a part of them being Columbian Blue and rather than quote two different people, Lumnbertons' school colors are Red, White, Columbian Blue and Silver, we have four colors.

Diversity!

2 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

1. Your pass defense has improved against sub par teams and you just lost your corner last week

2. Your running back is still hobbled. What did he do against BC?

3. You’re QB has come a long way. For a brought up JV sophomore, he’s a player for sure. No disrespecting the young man at all, but how many passes has he completed again?

Are you still “alright on offense”, or do you just want to believe you’re alright on offense. 

35 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

1. Your pass defense has improved against sub par teams and you just lost your corner last week

2. Your running back is still hobbled. What did he do against BC?

3. You’re QB has come a long way. For a brought up JV sophomore, he’s a player for sure. No disrespecting the young man at all, but how many passes has he completed again?

Are you still “alright on offense”, or do you just want to believe you’re alright on offense. 

Qb is a pretty good runner. And btw, he isn’t brought up from jv. He’s been on varsity all year starting at DB before our starting qb got hurt.

Our starting running back on ran a few times against BC becuase why run him whenever the team your playing sucks? 

As far as our qb’s throwing, we are no doubt a run first team. And the last couple weeks that’s all we had to do to win easily. So I guess we will see this week how much he has developed. 

Guest ECBucFan
5 hours ago, Nuttin'buttnet said:

Did Splendora get a bunch of move ins or something? 

The population growth is consrtant on 59 north. Splendora was a small 3A team not too long ago. I doubt they got any high profile move ins, but there is no doubt they are larger and stronger than before.   

24 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Qb is a pretty good runner. And btw, he isn’t brought up from jv. He’s been on varsity all year starting at DB before our starting qb got hurt.

Our starting running back on ran a few times against BC becuase why run him whenever the team your playing sucks? 

As far as our qb’s throwing, we are no doubt a run first team. And the last couple weeks that’s all we had to do to win easily. So I guess we will see this week how much he has developed. 

Like I said, nothing against the young QB at all. Lumberton is lucky to have him. According to my sources which are from Lumberton and have kids on JV and Varsity, he was playing QB on JV, got brought up to varsity as a DB, then took over as a QB when the starter got hurt. Even against the lower level teams he couldn’t complete almost any passes. Idk if it’s his fault, the receiver’s fault or a combination of both. Truth is the stats say that Lumberton can’t complete the few passes they have thrown. Against Huffman, they sure could’ve used a more balanced attack in the 1st half. 

Why run the starting RB at all with the logic you gave? The few times he ran, did he run better than the backups? No. He’s not 100% is why. 

I wish both teams a healthy outing and a great game. It would be really cool to see that young QB from Lumberton to lead that offense to a victory and upset Splendora. But it would be just that. An upset. 

Good luck to both. I hope to see it in person. 

2 hours ago, Coach #23 said:

260 lb running back?  C'mon man.  Oh..you mean the DE that comes in a runs the ball. Think he's a RB. Run over people?  Seen him get stuffed plenty of times and take several plays off on defense. Keep tooting your boy's horn...

Not tooting any horn. He does take a play off here and there,  you would too if you played both ways and weighed that much. I know I would. And yes his primary position is D-Line, but he has had 9 offensive Td's and 1 defensive Td.