Splendora @ Lumberton / District title on line for both teams

VP93....

12 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I  have no seen Splendora with my own eyes yet, but I have seen Lumberton.  Anything on Splendora?

Splendora is big and physical. They kind of remind me of Nederland. They have a fast kid that will give Lumberton problems. Don’t kick to number #10. Is Splendora beatable yes but I think it will have to be through the air. There Dline is stout. Bear has a good prediction. Good luck to both teams

5 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I think at some point, Splendora will need to pass some to have success.  L-Train11 is right.  Lumberton has the ability to stuff the run.  

Yeah and our secondary has improved since playing Silsbee with getting our SS back from injury. And I don’t see splendora having the overall speed that Silsbee has to expose our pass defense anyway.

13 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Yeah and our secondary has improved since playing Silsbee with getting our SS back from injury. And I don’t see splendora having the overall speed that Silsbee has to expose our pass defense anyway.

I’ll make a wager the #10 from Splendora can out run most of our district in the 100 meter. That kid really impressed me. The full back/H back # 6’0 245lbs and he is a load. Plays d end too. Don’t under estimate them.  Splendora throws ball decent and that is how they scored on us a few times I believe. 

36 minutes ago, LC-M said:

I’ll make a wager the #10 from Splendora can out run most of our district in the 100 meter. That kid really impressed me. The full back/H back # 6’0 245lbs and he is a load. Plays d end too. Don’t under estimate them.  Splendora throws ball decent and that is how they scored on us a few times I believe. 

Covering one fast player is better than a team full of them, that’s what I meant by the comment. Not underestimating them either, but i think our defense is better than Huffman who held them to 20 points.

14 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Covering one fast player is better than a team full of them, that’s what I meant by the comment. Not underestimating them either, but i think our defense is better than Huffman who held them to 20 points.

There defense also held them to 6 points. Lumberton gave up how many to Huffman? At the end of the day LCM best Chance to be Co District Champions is for y’all to win. Good luck

4 minutes ago, LC-M said:

There defense also held them to 6 points. Lumberton gave up how many to Huffman? At the end of the day LCM best Chance to be Co District Champions is for y’all to win. Good luck

24 in the first half, 7 in the second when we finally woke up. That’s on us so no excuses. But we may have made Huffman look a little better than they were and us a lot worse than what we are which makes us the underdogs now. Fine with me.

1 hour ago, LC-M said:

Splendora is big and physical. They kind of remind me of Nederland. They have a fast kid that will give Lumberton problems. Don’t kick to number #10. Is Splendora beatable yes but I think it will have to be through the air. There Dline is stout. Bear has a good prediction. Good luck to both teams

They (Lumberton) better hope splendora isnt  like Nederland, or the L-Train won’t be taking home a DC trophy. And I really want to see Lumberton Win.....maybe I’m biased towards our old district friends. 

20 minutes ago, Bulldogpower said:

They (Lumberton) better hope splendora isnt  like Nederland, or the L-Train won’t be taking home a DC trophy. And I really want to see Lumberton Win.....maybe I’m biased towards our old district friends. 

I’m saying as a whole Splendora size is Close to Nederland big and physical. I think Nederland would beat Splendora. Nederland is better coached and has better athletes cross the field.  

32 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

24 in the first half, 7 in the second when we finally woke up. That’s on us so no excuses. But we may have made Huffman look a little better than they were and us a lot worse than what we are which makes us the underdogs now. Fine with me.

Everyone uses scores to gauge out teams and I find myself doing the same thing. At the end of the day I think teams match up differently by coaching schemes, players, and by luck honestly. I hope both teams play well and play a good 4 quarters. I wish we had one Stud in our district that would go on a state championship run.

8 minutes ago, Huffman Hargrave Falcons72 said:

Gonna be a good 1.. Lumberton weak against the pass, but strong against the run.  I think overall Splendora has more weapons than Lumberton.. If Lumberton can keep the score low they might wear down the Wildcats. 

Splendora 24

Lumberton 21

Serious question did Splendora impress you how much better they are now? Because in 14-15 season they were awful. They have had a heck of turnaround

4 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

I would say the other side of that!      Splendora only gave up 6 points to Huffman and y’all gave up 31.  I think their stats in the paper were that they gave up 118 rushing yards and 134 passing yards. This should be a good game!