PNG@The Hill

Indianforever

10 minutes ago, bulldawg64 said:

Some rules are meant to be broken 

Who is the moral compass? Majority rules?  We know better than that, living in America with the laws that are in place. Tell the Police Officer, or the Judge that next time that "Some rules are meant to be broken," see if that flies the next time you break the law.  I am here now praying & will be at the game praying for all the boys, fans & those horrible rule breaking coaches, (who shall remain nameless)  that they are all safely transported to & from the game.  That there are no injuries. That God Bless both Barbers Hill High School & Port Neches-Groves High School.:)

9 minutes ago, chorizo said:

FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!!!

8 minutes ago, outanup said:

Students can lead a prayer... but no faculty can.

I agree freedom of speech.  I thought the federal law stated that no one could lead the prayer before the game!

I have been wrong before! Everyone needs to start doing this again!!! Amen!

Found This on Supreme Court Decisions site: Dated: 6/20/2000

Supreme Court ruled today that prayers led by students at high school football games are no exception: as officially sanctioned acts at events that students feel great social pressure to attend, they are unconstitutional.

The 6-to-3 majority opinion by Justice John Paul Stevens said that even when attendance was voluntary and when the decision to pray was made by students, ''the delivery of a pregame prayer has the improper effect of coercing those present to participate in an act of religious worship.''

The case came from a small school district in South Texas,(Santa Fe ISD) typical of communities across the South where the practice of prayer at graduations, assemblies and athletic contests has persisted as officials have tried to navigate the obstacle course created by Supreme Court and lower court decisions.

In this case, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, in New Orleans, had ruled that students could offer prayers at graduations -- where members of the clergy cannot, under a 1992 Supreme Court decision -- but not in the ''far less solemn and extraordinary'' setting of a football game.

I have not seen anything that overturned this decision, but IT IS WRONG!!!

21 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

I have been to games where they pray and some where they dont. Never understood why it stopped then in that passsage from above said a lil small texas school Sante Fe go figure. Dont k ow what this world is coming to these days.

Case originally brought to court by a Santa Fe Christian family who's daughter was mocked & harassed because she would not accept a free New Testament that was being handed out at school. Her reason was that she had a Bible already & did not need one.  The way that she was treated was so severe, her parents had to relocate her.  They stated that Santa Fe Christians should not be rewarded with the opportunity to pray before games, if they teach their so-called Christian children it is OK to behave in that manner.  It made it all the way to the Supreme Court.  Had read a detailed article on the case written by the attorney for the girl.

4 minutes ago, NDNation said:

At The Reservation we have a moment of silence, but their is a gentleman that yells The Lords Prayer in the stands. Plus I say my own little prayer.

I do not see any Federal Agent coming to enforce the no prayer law, however, it is still a law, a wrong law, but a law.

5 hours ago, BHFAN said:

BH is the underdog IMO with QB1 out. I still think that we are balanced more than most teams in the district with maybe Nederland being the exception . Meaning that with a QB being lost  we will not be as effected as PNG and Crosby was/ is when theirs went out. BH will definitely play up to thier competition Friday and leave it all on the field. Defense is going to decide this game and both teams D is coming together here towards the end of District. Some PNG fans are already looking past The Hill and talking about thier share of the DC with a win over Ned , we can only hope that is spilling down to the players:) 

It isn’t. They are taking it one game at a time.

Back to football , but BH prayes before our games :) anywho sub varsity squads hit the field tonight! I think our teams our doing pretty good how about the Indians? Heard our JV QB 1 is being moved to Varsity for back up duty, so JV won’t have there starter either.