PNG@The Hill

Indianforever

5 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Back to football , but BH prayes before our games :) anywho sub varsity squads hit the field tonight! I think our teams our doing pretty good how about the Indians? Heard our JV QB 1 is being moved to Varsity for back up duty, so JV won’t have there starter either.

Png with the sweep of sub varsity games! 

Freshman PNG 28 BH 18

JV PNG 33 BH 30

41 minutes ago, chorizo said:

Time for Coach W to earn his money tonight!!!

For him to earn the money they are paying, he gonna need a blowout win, drive the bus home, do the laundry, upload the film, enter the stats, write the news article, sweep the locker room, and lead the service on Sunday.

12 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

For him to earn the money they are paying, he gonna need a blowout win, drive the bus home, do the laundry, upload the film, enter the stats, write the news article, sweep the locker room, and lead the service on Sunday.

So maybe a PNG big win could save your school a lot of money, should the coach head out soon.:)

Should be a good game. I like PNGs chances. Because of this ipad bs it just makes this game so much more important to go there and take care of business.  Every possession will count especially the team who has the last possession. Could very well be the deciding factor when the final whistle blows.

23 hours ago, outanup said:

Students can lead a prayer... but no faculty can.

But a facility member can teach evolution, and explain how we all was once from the planet of the apes! I must confess, I've looked at some of my families of pictures and.... well i think it is possible I'm related to the missing link or Bigfoot.

I heard Shug  will be performing Purple Rain tonight at the Hill. He will make it rain Touchdowns ....... Bank on it!  BH will get there points but I don’t think it’s going to be enough. The kid just has the It factor! Special athlete for sure. I hate the color purple but I have to admit I do own a Prince Purple Rain CD. The guy was a heck of a musician - RIP

1 hour ago, BUDMAN said:

But a facility member can teach evolution, and explain how we all was once from the planet of the apes! I must confess, I've looked at some of my families of pictures and.... well i think it is possible I'm related to the missing link or Bigfoot.

The reason a student can lead a prayer but faculty cannot, while faculty can teach evolution, is that prayer led by faculty (or, for example, by a representative from local religion) violates the Establishment Clause of the Constitution, and a member of faculty teaching evolution does not. Evolution is not a religion, so teaching or promoting it does not result in the Government, through public schools, "establishing," or promoting one religion over another. I think it is a good thing. One of the essential protections afforded us by the Constitution is the separation of Church and State. Public schools are a part of the "State," so they are bound by limitations imposed on the State by the Constitution. It can seem like a small thing, because the vast majority of people in SETX are some variation on Christian, so the vast majority of people will not be offended if there is a prayer before a game, whether that prayer is offered by a student or by a member of faculty, or even by a representative from one of the local churches.

But, here is a thought experiment: What if the majority of people in SETX suddenly joined a non-Christian religion, such that the majority of the school board, the local city councils, and the majority of the local churches espoused that religion? Would you want the kids who remain Christian and their families, to be forced to spend taxpayer dollars so that the local schools could promote that religion? Would you want your taxpayer dollars to go to paying faculty to pray to this non-Christian god at school functions? I think most people on this board would feel that this was something of an injustice, that it would be a violation of the 1st Amendment and the Free Exercise Clause of the Constitution.

You would be right, and the Constitution would be on your side. The Constitution protects your children from exactly this kind of violation. So as a Christian (I attend church every week, pay a tithe, and have served as a volunteer missionary abroad), I am grateful for the Constitution's guarantees that all of our freedoms of religion (including Christian, non-Christians, and atheists) will be protected from the government preferring one religion or religious group over another. Just like freedom of speech, the 2nd amendment, or anything else in the Bill of Rights, freedom of religion is absolutely essential, and freedom of religion is incomplete without the separation of Church and State. 

7 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

Hey For him to earn the money they are paying, he gonna need a blowout win, drive the bus home, do the laundry, upload the film, enter the stats, write the news article, sweep the locker room, and lead the service on Sunday.

Freaking Quote dump :) anyway I figure the Indians are on there way, great night for football. We really have know idea how the Eagles will perform tonight. Still have a lot of weapons, but QB2 has to hit them and play smart! A lot of pressure for a young man, but the team will pick him up. Defenses has a big job trying to slow shug down while not letting the rest of his team run buck will. good luck to both teams expecially the ones wearing Blue and White!

8 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

The reason a student can lead a prayer but faculty cannot, while faculty can teach evolution, is that prayer led by faculty (or, for example, by a representative from local religion) violates the Establishment Clause of the Constitution, and a member of faculty teaching evolution does not. Evolution is not a religion, so teaching or promoting it does not result in the Government, through public schools, "establishing," or promoting one religion over another. I think it is a good thing. One of the essential protections afforded us by the Constitution is the separation of Church and State. Public schools are a part of the "State," so they are bound by limitations imposed on the State by the Constitution. It can seem like a small thing, because the vast majority of people in SETX are some variation on Christian, so the vast majority of people will not be offended if there is a prayer before a game, whether that prayer is offered by a student or by a member of faculty, or even by a representative from one of the local churches.

But, here is a thought experiment: What if the majority of people in SETX suddenly joined a non-Christian religion, such that the majority of the school board, the local city councils, and the majority of the local churches espoused that religion? Would you want the kids who remain Christian and their families, to be forced to spend taxpayer dollars so that the local schools could promote that religion? Would you want your taxpayer dollars to go to paying faculty to pray to this non-Christian god at school functions? I think most people on this board would feel that this was something of an injustice, that it would be a violation of the 1st Amendment and the Free Exercise Clause of the Constitution.

You would be right, and the Constitution would be on your side. The Constitution protects your children from exactly this kind of violation. So as a Christian (I attend church every week, pay a tithe, and have served as a volunteer missionary abroad), I am grateful for the Constitution's guarantees that all of our freedoms of religion (including Christian, non-Christians, and atheists) will be protected from the government preferring one religion or religious group over another. Just like freedom of speech, the 2nd amendment, or anything else in the Bill of Rights, freedom of religion is absolutely essential, and freedom of religion is incomplete without the separation of Church and State. 

There goes 5 minutes of my life that I will never get back.