La Porte 25 Beaumont United 19/FINAL-OT

WOSgrad

19 hours ago, PABorn said:

The U will not be successful until they find a hard nose coach that knows what he's doing. He has to have some sort of winning back ground and a niche for getting kids to buy in to what he's trying to as well as teaching the team to be disciplined. 

And that ain't Arthur Louis or the supposedly coach in waiting, Ed Taylor.  They should have let one of the outsiders come in here but Mrs. Allen didn't want to break up their Antioch/Ozen clique...

6 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

And that ain't Arthur Louis or the supposedly coach in waiting, Ed Taylor.  They should have let one of the outsiders come in here but Mrs. Allen didn't want to break up their Antioch/Ozen clique...

Yah they definitely need an outsider that is unbiased and will play the best man at each position based on his own judgement. 

42 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

And that's exactly what didn't happen. 

Heard some quality potential candidates that were interested were told how higher ups wanted it done, which resulted in their removal of names from contention.

Im not knocking on Coach Louis, but it could’ve been someone that had won a state championship.

5 minutes ago, The Icon said:

Heard some quality potential candidates that were interested were told how higher ups wanted it done, which resulted in their removal of names from contention.

Im not knocking on Coach Louis, but it could’ve been someone that had won a state championship.

Yea, it's no secret that Todd Peterman who is 36-12 with a state championship would have been the best pick.  Also, even though it has been a while Lydell Wilson had won a state championship.  Arthur Louis is currently 26-26.  To his credit, he did make the playoffs 3 of his previous 4 years and as bad as this year has been, he still has a shot at making it this year.

Monday evening, while on the campus, I had a former Ozen coach who is now a United coach tell me that when they initially hired him, he thought that was a great hire.  Now he admits it was a mistake and a change is needed.

1 hour ago, Alpha Wolf said:

How many games did the coach in waiting, Ed Taylor, win as a head coach?  

23 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Yea, it's no secret that Todd Peterman who is 36-12 with a state championship would have been the best pick.  Also, even though it has been a while Lydell Wilson had won a state championship.  Arthur Louis is currently 26-26.  To his credit, he did make the playoffs 3 of his previous 4 years and as bad as this year has been, he still has a shot at making it this year.

Monday evening, while on the campus, I had a former Ozen coach who is now a United coach tell me that when they initially hired him, he thought that was a great hire.  Now he admits it was a mistake and a change is needed.

I hate that has become the case. I had big hopes for United this season, but also understand the struggles of merging 2 loved programs together. 

Im still rooting for y’all, want what’s best for the kids and still believe there is tremendous potential there. 

44 minutes ago, 409ANALYST said:

How many games did the coach in waiting, Ed Taylor, win as a head coach?  

Year Record PTS-OPP

2016  1-9       128-390

2017  2-6       91-285  

If that's they case, the former Central coach Jeff Nelson was

Year Record PTS-OPP

2009  3-7        194-302 @ Ozen

2010  2-8        242-343 @ Ozen

2011  7-6         345-323 @ Ozen, finished 4th in district and went to the 3rd round of the playoffs

2012  4-7         241-286 @ Ozen, finished 4th in district and 1st round of the playoffs

2017  5-3         216-193 @ Central, with a 41-14 win over the Taylor coached Ozen

30 minutes ago, The Icon said:

I hate that has become the case. I had big hopes for United this season, but also understand the struggles of merging 2 loved programs together

Im still rooting for y’all, want what’s best for the kids and still believe there is tremendous potential there. 

That's why it should have been someone from the outside with no ties to either of the programs. 

The kids are supposed to be the top priority.  Too much potential there to be 2-6 and lose to a LaPorte team who until Friday night, had only beaten Baytown Sterling.

2 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

How in the world would hiring Taylor be justified to anybody?

Like D3zii said, they don't have to justify to anyone.  All the Assistant Superintendent and the AD have to do is submit his name for approval and the 7 board members will raise their hands on cue.  She use to be a principal at Ozen and the AD was one at Central but she is the one calling the shots.  That's why I say if you are not part of that Antioch/Ozen clique, you are not getting that job.

8 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Like D3zii said, they don't have to justify to anyone.  All the Assistant Superintendent and the AD have to do is submit his name for approval and the 7 board members will raise their hands on cue.  She use to be a principal at Ozen and the AD was one at Central but she is the one calling the shots.  That's why I say if you are not part of that Antioch/Ozen clique, you are not getting that job.

Need a new board lol

6 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

That isn't happening either.  All you have to do is be a business owner that will make deals with the district and you can get a seat.  It doesn't matter who the people voted for...

...a business owner to make deals and preach about making the district greater when he went to Ozen, but yet, enrolls his kids currently into private schools...

21 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

...a business owner to make deals and preach about making the district greater when he went to Ozen, but yet, enrolls his kids currently into private schools...

...yea, make decisions that affect our kids but not his own.  That says to me that he doesn't believe in the school district that he is overseeing.  But hey, Chick Fil A is the number one food given to the kids when they return from road games and extracurricular activities...

8 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

...yea, make decisions that affect our kids but not his own.  That says to me that he doesn't believe in the school district that he is overseeing.  But hey, Chick Fil A is the number one food given to the kids when they return from road games and extracurricular activities...

More business for him....  More money going from our tax dollars to the tuition for private school....