La Porte 25 Beaumont United 19/FINAL-OT

WOSgrad

4 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Bulldogs try a 37 yard FG and miss.  But wait, Coach Louis calls a timeout, but wait we don't have anymore. Delay of game penalty, automatic 1st down for the Bulldogs.  The Bulldogs punch it in for the win.  

Timberwolves 19

Bulldogs 25

Final

WOW!!! When it rains it pours. Smdh...

5 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Bulldogs try a 37 yard FG and miss.  But wait, Coach Louis calls a timeout, but wait we don't have anymore. Delay of game penalty, automatic 1st down for the Bulldogs.  The Bulldogs punch it in for the win.  

Timberwolves 19

Bulldogs 25

Final

Why am I not surprised by this move 

On 10/27/2018 at 0:00 AM, Alpha Wolf said:

I stand corrected, it was not called by the head coach but instead by an assistant.

Correction again, it was confirmed that it was called by Louis.  

And what does it say for the state of the program when not enough boys show up for Saturday practice, workouts, film study that it is cancelled for the handful that showed up?  North Shore coming in this week won't make anything any better on Fannett Rd...

2 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Correction again, it was confirmed that it was called by Louis.  

And what does it say for the state of the program when not enough boys show up for Saturday practice, workouts, film study that it is cancelled for the handful that showed up?  North Shore coming in this week won't make anything any better on Fannett Rd...

I’m sorry Wolf

I do hope things pick up for y’all this offseason - there’s potential for good football over there at The U

1 hour ago, Tigers2010 said:

Back in the 60's, coaches had unlimited time outs. Geez, how do you not know you are out of timeouts? And why in the heck are you taking one there? Was he trying to "ice" the kicker or what?

Either trying to ice the kicker or calling a timeout because he thought they were about to do a fake.

1 hour ago, Tigers2010 said:

I got you, but someone (a ref probably), had to made it clear at the beginning of OT, you only get one.

The head coaches went to the center of the field for the OT coin toss, not players.  The officials explain everything to them including timeouts.  The Wolves coaching staff burned the TO when the Wolves had the ball on offense.  Furthermore, the scoreboard was right there with a big 0 next to the TOL. 

8 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

The head coaches went to the center of the field for the OT coin toss, not players.  The officials explain everything to them including timeouts.  The Wolves coaching staff burned the TO when the Wolves had the ball on offense.  Furthermore, the scoreboard was right there with a big 0 next to the TOL. 

Inexcusable.