Galena Park North Shore 55 Beaumont West Brook 7/FINAL

WOSgrad

44 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Westbrook has just as much God-Given talent as any other team in the state, What seperates them and other teams is the work beyond the Talent. Do you honestly think Katy has more talent then alot of teams in 6A? Its a mind-set teams like that play with, not to mention the coaching they receieve, Like i said until Wesbrook gets a coach to install that mind-set of physically dominating there oppoentns , dosent matter how many athletes they have they'll never break into the next level

100% agree with this; however I do like Coach Peevey and think he’s a great coach

23 minutes ago, zeroturn said:

How many kids from WB can bust into NS line up?

your missing my point...but ill answer

At a young age probably more then you think, but what happen was it was installed at a young age (Little Leauge, Middle School) the mentality, and thats where teams like Allens, Katys, North shores pass up the westbrooks 

5 minutes ago, D3zii said:

your missing my point...but ill answer

At a young age probably more then you think, but what happen was it was installed at a young age (Little Leauge, Middle School) the mentality, and thats where teams like Allens, Katys, North shores pass up the westbrooks 

Im backing D3zii up. I don’t know for sure, but I’d be willing to bet that in past 15-20 years WB has had just as many FBS players as NS, and I bet they have had as many if not more NFL players than NS....and WB has half the enrollment 

5 hours ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

West Brook is 3 and 12,  all time against NS. I miss that defense, too. But. That team had an awful lot of offensive firepower, as well. Particularly, a RB named Christine Michael.

Christine Michael's was a sr. On the 2008 WB team.  He was gone on 2009.  

2009 had those young guns, all sophomores and Jrs....

6 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Christine Michael's was a sr. On the 2008 WB team.  He was gone on 2009.  

2009 had those young guns, all sophomores and Jrs....

11 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

Im backing D3zii up. I don’t know for sure, but I’d be willing to bet that in past 15-20 years WB has had just as many FBS players as NS, and I bet they have had as many if not more NFL players than NS....and WB has half the enrollment 

That 2010 team was no match for NS .

On 10/27/2018 at 5:37 AM, D3zii said:

How

I agree with a lot you have said about Westbrook.   But this just comes down to straight numbers. North shore has 4754 enrollment wb has 2500 something. That’s 2200 more students.  Is there areas to improve definitely.  Especially with the m.s. coaches and the feeder program. It’s a complete mess. I ve fought and suggested ways to improve this area but those in power don’t want to take the time to tackle it and therefore some of our talent slips thru the cracks.

Look how Brian English changed Nederland basketball program he started with the youth leagues and m.s. programs.   

Back to the subject.  Here’s my question(s) Does every nfl team or nba team or etc have the same amount of talent on it?  Are the browns just as talented as the chiefs? Are the Sacramento kings just as talented as the warriors.? What about smu are they just as talented as UT or aTm?

Are the hf longhorns just as talented as silabee tigers?

and yes a major part is mindset but I believe Peevey is doing a good job.  But in order to get to that next level the m.s. program has to be fixed along with the head coaches having a say in hiring m.s. coaches. Until then it will be the same ole same ole.   When the incoming freshman come in it’s like starting all over.

19 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I agree with a lot you have said about Westbrook.   But this just comes down to straight numbers. North shore has 4754 enrollment wb has 2500 something. That’s 2200 more students.  Is there areas to improve definitely.  Especially with the m.s. coaches and the feeder program. It’s a complete mess. I ve fought and suggested ways to improve this area but those in power don’t want to take the time to tackle it and therefore some of our talent slips thru the cracks.

Look how Brian English changed Nederland basketball program he started with the youth leagues and m.s. programs.   

Back to the subject.  Here’s my question(s) Does every nfl team or nba team or etc have the same amount of talent on it?  Are the browns just as talented as the chiefs? Are the Sacramento kings just as talented as the warriors.? What about smu are they just as talented as UT or aTm?

Are the hf longhorns just as talented as silabee tigers?

and yes a major part is mindset but I believe Peevey is doing a good job.  But in order to get to that next level the m.s. program has to be fixed along with the head coaches having a say in hiring m.s. coaches. Until then it will be the same ole same ole.   When the incoming freshman come in it’s like starting all over.

Excellent Point!  And most of the time, the 9th grade coaches in football are head coaches in another sport on the high school campus.  So in reality, many of the football players are starting all over in the 10th grade.