Galena Park North Shore 55 Beaumont West Brook 7/FINAL

WOSgrad

7 minutes ago, D3zii said:

There's different tiers when it comes to 6A football, and Westbrook will never be able to move up to that next tier until they become a more physical football program.  

They can have all the athletes but when they play a smash mouth football team they’ll fold every time 

This North Shore team did the same thing to Katy and Westfield. They have recruited well and are stacked. Only fanatic people thought this game would even be close.

5 minutes ago, Yeoj said:

This North Shore team did the same thing to Katy and Westfield. They have recruited well and are stacked. Only fanatic people thought this game would even be close.

Recruited from where?  GP doesn't have much.  Neither does Channelview.  King to their north?  I doubt NS has to beg anyone to play for them

No doubt and no denying that NS has a lot of talent, but they also have a winning tradition.  Even the kids that aren't D1 talents, but maybe a step or two below the D1 level, they play lights out for the Mustang program.  Credit to the NS coaching staff and community for creating a winning culture over the past 20+ years.  All of the elite programs have a winning culture where the D1 kids play great and the not-so D1 kids play above and beyond their abilities to keep the winning culture alive and well.  NS puts all of that talent to good use.  That said, I would have thought that WB would give the Mustangs a game.  WB has some talent, too.  I'm surprised by the lopsided score.

5 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

No doubt and no denying that NS has a lot of talent, but they also have a winning tradition.  Even the kids that aren't D1 talents, but maybe a step or two below the D1 level, they play lights out for the Mustang program.  Credit to the NS coaching staff and community for creating a winning culture over the past 20+ years.  All of the elite programs have a winning culture where the D1 kids play great and the not-so D1 kids play above and beyond their abilities to keep the winning culture alive and well.  NS puts all of that talent to good use.  That said, I would have thought that WB would give the Mustangs a game.  WB has some talent, too.  I'm surprised by the lopsided score.

I'm not.  When you handle Katy and Westfield, WB is no match due to their soft defense over the last 5 years

I spoke to a kid who was on the 2015-16 state championship team . I asked him do they recruit he said no they don’t have to when you win like that because when you are an athlete in middle school and you play sports the best ones go to North Shore. He said Jalen Hurts was suppose to go there but his dad was the coach at channelview imagine that. He also said in middle school that they go thru speed & conditioning drillls starting in the 7th grade til the time they graduate & their position is already predetermined . That is where the problem lies in Beaumont most middle school coaching is terrible. HS coaches have to get their feeder schools on board with what they are doing !!!!!!

Westbrook has just as much God-Given talent as any other team in the state, What seperates them and other teams is the work beyond the Talent. Do you honestly think Katy has more talent then alot of teams in 6A? Its a mind-set teams like that play with, not to mention the coaching they receieve, Like i said until Wesbrook gets a coach to install that mind-set of physically dominating there oppoentns , dosent matter how many athletes they have they'll never break into the next level