White Face / Black Face

SmashMouth

Look, I don’t care the first thing about Megyn Kelly’s show being cancelled. I’ve never even seen it. But to fire her over an ignorant opinion about someone painting their face white or black (for HALLOWEEN mind you) is ludicrous. 

The political correctness has gone WAYYYY out of bounds. 

I guess no more mimes allowed.

I guess the movie “White Chicks” with some of the Wayans guys in it can never be seen again. 

Silver Streak with Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder where Gene Wilder is made up to be a black guy (boom box on his shoulder included) which is a really funny movie - can’t watch that anymore. 

Dave Chapelle - one of my favorites - dresses up as a white newscaster named Chuck Taylor - is that not funny anymore? Should it be too hurtful for us too watch now?

And please don’t even get me started on #metoo. I feel like I can’t even say good morning to a female co-worker without being fearful of losing my job. 

I know there are horrible prejudices that exist between many races, religions, sexes, etc. There is no condoning any of it either. It’s not right. But neither is a witch hunt on anyone who doesn’t agree with your ideology! I’m talking about Left/Right, Male/Female, Asian/Black/Hispanic/White and any other groups we can put against each other!

I’M SO FREAKIN SICK OF IT!!!!

(I hope I don’t get fired or exiled over this post)

18 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Look, I don’t care the first thing about Megyn Kelly’s show being cancelled. I’ve never even seen it. But to fire her over an ignorant opinion about someone painting their face white or black (for HALLOWEEN mind you) is ludicrous. 

The political correctness has gone WAYYYY out of bounds. 

I guess no more mimes allowed.

I guess the movie “White Chicks” with some of the Wayans guys in it can never be seen again. 

Silver Streak with Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder where Gene Wilder is made up to be a black guy (boom box on his shoulder included) which is a really funny movie - can’t watch that anymore. 

Dave Chapelle - one of my favorites - dresses up as a white newscaster named Chuck Taylor - is that not funny anymore? Should it be too hurtful for us too watch now?

And please don’t even get me started on #metoo. I feel like I can’t even say good morning to a female co-worker without being fearful of losing my job. 

I know there are horrible prejudices that exist between many races, religions, sexes, etc. There is no condoning any of it either. It’s not right. But neither is a witch hunt on anyone who doesn’t agree with your ideology! I’m talking about Left/Right, Male/Female, Asian/Black/Hispanic/White and any other groups we can put against each other!

I’M SO FREAKIN SICK OF IT!!!!

(I hope I don’t get fired or exiled over this post)

Political correctness has been killing this country’s culture for some time now.  It has already killed comedy (as your mention of several comedic examples illustrates).   “All in the Family” is routinely listed at the top of any list of all time greatest sit-com’s - no way in heck that show could air today.  P.C. has been one of the biggest problems with the Democratic Party as well.  It’s tough to have any stones when you are scared of your own shadow.  

The simple truth is you CAN be kind to others AND not worry about political correctness all the time.  The bottom line is the ability to laugh at one’s self is one of life’s great gifts.  And we have almost completely lost that gift in today’s climate.

You are obviously mad about it; I mostly find it really sad.  

I don't practice political correctness. Wouldn't know when it becomes correct. I'm more of a “what you see is what you get” type. Work with a black man who jokingly asks me if he can ride in my truck, knowing full well it will lead to my answer of, “ yes, but you have to ride in the back”. We both laugh our arses off and go about our day. Later he will walk up and tell me I am his best friend in the whole world, knowing full well that my pat answer is, “ I'm sorry to hear that. I must be your only friend because if you had another friend, he would have to like you better than I do.” We both laugh our arses off and go about our day. If this man asked me to help him do anything in the world, I would. Too bad for all the people in this world who use race for their own selfish benefits. I think our relationship is a healthy one and he sets himself up to be abused just so we both can laugh......at the past.

8 minutes ago, baddog said:

I don't practice political correctness. Wouldn't know when it becomes correct. I'm more of a “what you see is what you get” type. Work with a black man who jokingly asks me if he can ride in my truck, knowing full well it will lead to my answer of, “ yes, but you have to ride in the back”. We both laugh our arses off and go about our day. Later he will walk up and tell me I am his best friend in the whole world, knowing full well that my pat answer is, “ I'm sorry to hear that. I must be your only friend because if you had another friend, he would have to like you better than I do.” We both laugh our arses off and go about our day. If this man asked me to help him do anything in the world, I would. Too bad for all the people in this world who use race for their own selfish benefits. I think our relationship is a healthy one and he sets himself up to be abused just so we both can laugh......at the past.

Thanks for that post. I think lots of people think the same way as you (me being one of them), but they are overshadowed by the PC Movement that is unfortunately gaining speed...

48 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Will I be crliticized/demonized  for preferring vanilla ice cream?

That’s just dumb and un-American.  Vanilla ice cream is a waste (unless you’re putting hot fudge, chocolate, or some other topping on it).  And white chocolate should be banned.  The darker the chocolate the better.  

3 hours ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

I've found a whoopi face mask on the internet, think I'll put white paint on the mask to wear for Halloween. That way, nobody can be offended??

Your avatar and handle is racist. What if I changed my picture to a picture of you and called myself white man tears. Grow up, troll.

3 hours ago, BearEssentials97 said:

Your avatar and handle is racist. What if I changed my picture to a picture of you and called myself white man tears. Grow up, troll.

I would say you're trying too hard. Don't expect to get under my skin... You won't succeed. Good luck having a happy life with that perspective though. 

2 hours ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

I would say you're trying too hard. Don't expect to get under my skin... You won't succeed. Good luck having a happy life with that perspective though. 

Oh I know I ain't changing your mind.  Just don't get caught on social media doing something stupid like really dressing up like Whoopi. If you do black Twitter will be here to take you down.

On 10/26/2018 at 1:51 PM, TxHoops said:

Political correctness has been killing this country’s culture for some time now.  It has already killed comedy (as your mention of several comedic examples illustrates).   “All in the Family” is routinely listed at the top of any list of all time greatest sit-com’s - no way in heck that show could air today.  P.C. has been one of the biggest problems with the Democratic Party as well.  It’s tough to have any stones when you are scared of your own shadow.  

The simple truth is you CAN be kind to others AND not worry about political correctness all the time.  The bottom line is the ability to laugh at one’s self is one of life’s great gifts.  And we have almost completely lost that gift in today’s climate.

You are obviously mad about it; I mostly find it really sad.  

And the humor part has killed most jokes.  I use to hear jokes daily at work in the 60’s & early 70’s.  Now we’re limited to jokes about Aggies & Cajuns.  Oh, and backwood rednecks that live around a paper mill. :) 

13 hours ago, Hagar said:

And the humor part has killed most jokes.  I use to hear jokes daily at work in the 60’s & early 70’s.  Now we’re limited to jokes about Aggies & Cajuns.  Oh, and backwood rednecks that live around a paper mill. :) 

Jokes aren't dead. If you're sad you can't tell jokes about dumb blacks, dumb blondes, sneaky Asians, gays, etc. Then you lack imagination and you might be a bit racist and bigoted. That's a you problem.

6 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

Jokes aren't dead. If you're sad you can't tell jokes about dumb blacks, dumb blondes, sneaky Asians, gays, etc. Then you lack imagination and you might be a bit racist and bigoted. That's a you problem.

I sure am glad you are not a bigot or racist. Your problem is that you think it is ok for you to be. The rest of the world, especially the whites, should kiss your arse because your people were slaves 100s of years ago. Good luck with that approach. I am not responsible for anything that happened before I was born. I will not succumb to personal attacks because of my color.

What will it take for you to be happy? Blacks rule the world and white men disappear? Lmfao. History is just that. You can't change it no matter how hard you try. Why not try improving relations as opposed to harping on what's got your goat. You are one of those people who are not satisfied unless you have something to gripe about.

Your boy Obama did nothing for your race. In fact, he probably succeeded in setting you back a decade or two. When you see educated black people talking against your precious dem party and praising Trump because he is actually willing to listen to what they have to say, all you can come up with is they don,t speak for you. So be it. Problem is that they speak for many more than you care to count. That is a you problem.

11 minutes ago, baddog said:

I sure am glad you are not a bigot or racist. Your problem is that you think it is ok for you to be. The rest of the world, especially the whites, should kiss your arse because your people were slaves 100s of years ago. Good luck with that approach. I am not responsible for anything that happened before I was born. I will not succumb to personal attacks because of my color.

What will it take for you to be happy? Blacks rule the world and white men disappear? Lmfao. History is just that. You can't change it no matter how hard you try. Why not try improving relations as opposed to harping on what's got your goat. You are one of those people who are not satisfied unless you have something to gripe about.

Your boy Obama did nothing for your race. In fact, he probably succeeded in setting you back a decade or two. When you see educated black people talking against your precious dem party and praising Trump because he is actually willing to listen to what they have to say, all you can come up with is they don,t speak for you. So be it. Problem is that they speak for many more than you care to count. That is a you problem.

I like white people, I dislike idiots like you.

Nobody said you couldn't tell jokes. Take this as an opportunity to learn new ones. 

We're not going back to where women are not in the work force, and black people had to call every white man sir or deal with the consequences. Pull out your racist and sexist jokes at work tomorrow and see how long you last. 

I have found that when people like you cry about politcal correctness gone awry, it code for why can't I say what I want to say and not get in trouble for it like I used too. That is a terrible standard. Grow tfu.

You are so blinded by your hatred of Democrats that you will probably vote to keep a criminal as our attorney general, a man who abuses tax payer money to go rodeoing and get Jesus shots as our ag commissioner, an man who's top priority in the Senate is to worry about who going to the potty instead of fixing shool finance as our lt governor, and a man who's collegues on both sides of the aisle hateand spend more time in Iowa instead of resprenting us on Capitol Hill as our jr senator.

10 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

Nobody said you couldn't tell jokes. Take this as an opportunity to learn new ones. 

We're not going back to where women are not in the work force, and black people had to call every white man sir or deal with the consequences. Pull out your racist and sexist jokes at work tomorrow and see how long you last. 

I have found that when people like you cry about politcal correctness gone awry, it code for why can't I say what I want to say and not get in trouble for it like I used too. That is a terrible standard. Grow tfu.

You are so blinded by your hatred of Democrats that you will probably vote to keep a criminal as our attorney general, a man who abuses tax payer money to go rodeoing and get Jesus shots as our ag commissioner, an man who's top priority in the Senate is to worry about who going to the potty instead of fixing shool finance as our lt governor, and a man who's collegues on both sides of the aisle hateand spend more time in Iowa instead of resprenting us on Capitol Hill as our jr senator.

Wow. This post just described you to a tee. You are just blinded by hate! Your mental gymnastics are amazing though.

Is the play "Hamilton" racist? Please be specific in your denial so we can laugh at your double-standards some more.

10 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

That's all you gleaned from my post? “Idoits” like me are everywhere. We are not blinded by the lies that IS the dem party. You can't handle facts and resort to name calling.....typical. Guess what? You still can't name one freakin thing your boy did for black people. It will go unanswered yet again.

9 minutes ago, baddog said:

That's all you gleaned from my post? “Idoits” like me are everywhere. We are not blinded by the lies that IS the dem party. You can't handle facts and resort to name calling.....typical. Guess what? You still can't name one freakin thing your boy did for black people. It will go unanswered yet again.

Yes, I gleamed that you are an idiot from your many political posts.

My Brother's Keeper, holding police departments accountable for their state sanctioned violence. Saving the auto industry so you can drive Dodge and Chevy trucks. Adopting a republican think tank health care plan that ended existing conditions discrimination and allows your kids to stay insured until they're 26. Oh and he killed bin Laden.

What has fart done?  The unemployment numbers don't count, that started under Obama.

19 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Wow. This post just described you to a tee. You are just blinded by hate! Your mental gymnastics are amazing though.

Is the play "Hamilton" racist? Please be specific in your denial so we can laugh at your double-standards some more.

I hate idiots. And no one in Hamilton dressed in white face. That would be disrespectful and racist. The actors in the play were respectful to the founding fathers.

People who dress up in black face aim to demean and exaggerate hurtful stereotypes. 

But you knew all this.  

So if you don't think there's a problem with blackface go to work in blackface tomorrow and see how it goes.

17 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

I hate idiots. And no one in Hamilton dressed in white face. That would be disrespectful and racist. The actors in the play were respectful to the founding fathers.

People who dress up in black face aim to demean and exaggerate hurtful stereotypes. 

But you knew all this.  

So if you don't think there's a problem with blackface go to work in blackface tomorrow and see how it goes.

But according to Megan Kelly, White kids want to dress up as their favorite Black athlete/hero for Halloween. This has nothing to do with past disrespect shown to Black Americans, but you knew this. You knew this and still called it racist. Now who is the idiot? Don't bother answering...even an idiot would know this was a rhetorical and demeaning question. Man, you are comical. The embarrassment knows no bounds.

I am so, so, so anxious to embarrass you even more by responding to your reply to baddog, but I'll let him rip into to your reply. Your childishness/immature thought processes are just simply amazing.