Baytown Lee 38 Dayton 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

20 minutes ago, Daytonfan9210 said:

Yeah he is a great athlete. By notice something he had that nail didn’t? Protection. 

No he has something called speed and vision. If he can throw at all it changes up everything the opposing defense has to do. It's a huge difference when a kid doesn't have to hold a block but for a second and the play is by him. I think Nail is a nice QB but Tank is a sophomore and most definitely has a much bigger upside not to mention he will be here 2 more years not 2 more games.

6 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

So what about that talk a couple years back of Dayton JV when they reached varsity level they would dominate this district?

SMH

I have never bought into JV meaning much of anything. You will always need some kids that mature and can make a difference their senior year but most of your studs play varsity from their sophomore season on up. I think a good freshman team is a much better indicator of what is coming up.

7 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

No he has something called speed and vision. If he can throw at all it changes up everything the opposing defense has to do. It's a huge difference when a kid doesn't have to hold a block but for a second and the play is by him. I think Nail is a nice QB but Tank is a sophomore and most definitely has a much bigger upside not to mention he will be here 2 more years not 2 more games.

It makes a difference when you have 2 extra blockers. Without pike and orebo out there for tank it would have been different. Not knocking on tank because I can’t wait to see what he does next year. But nail is a heck of a qb and has been having to run for his life all season because as soon as the ball is snapped he has 2 defenders on him because he doesn’t have the blocking we had back in the day. But everyone has their own opinions and I respect urs. But wanted to make my opinion known also. Besides that something has to give with the coaching yes. Tank put 7 more on the board but when ur down 31-7 you don’t put ur running game on display you gotta do something to catch up even if that means taking a receiver out to give ur q.b some protection. 

11 minutes ago, Daytonfan9210 said:

It makes a difference when you have 2 extra blockers. Without pike and orebo out there for tank it would have been different. Not knocking on tank because I can’t wait to see what he does next year. But nail is a heck of a qb and has been having to run for his life all season because as soon as the ball is snapped he has 2 defenders on him because he doesn’t have the blocking we had back in the day. But everyone has their own opinions and I respect urs. But wanted to make my opinion known also. Besides that something has to give with the coaching yes. Tank put 7 more on the board but when ur down 31-7 you don’t put ur running game on display you gotta do something to catch up even if that means taking a receiver out to give ur q.b some protection. 

I think Nail has done a fine job. I'm not saying don't play him at all but Tank is the future at QB at Dayton. He needs snaps the next 2 weeks. The kid had 230 yds receiving and 3 tds against Crosby and has been getting better every week.  In high school most teams put their best offensive athlete at QB because he will touch the ball every snap. If you are building for the future he is it. 

11 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

I think Nail has done a fine job. I'm not saying don't play him at all but Tank is the future at QB at Dayton. He needs snaps the next 2 weeks. The kid had 230 yds receiving and 3 tds against Crosby and has been getting better every week.  In high school most teams put their best offensive athlete at QB because he will touch the ball every snap. If you are building for the future he is it. 

I know what you are saying but then again tank has 2 years left and nail has 2 games left in high school and this broncos football team means everything to him. It would be wrong to not let him get every snap he can the last 2 weeks.

18 minutes ago, Daytonfan9210 said:

I know what you are saying but then again tank has 2 years left and nail has 2 games left in high school and this broncos football team means everything to him. It would be wrong to not let him get every snap he can the last 2 weeks.

That's called daddy ball and playing favorites. I'm sure there are a lot of kids on the side lines that love this team and see little playing time. That's just not how you continue to get better and build a program. Look until Dayton learns how to block and play something that resembles defense you better have a QB that can run and extend plays. Try and  keep that defense off the field. Take away the Galena Park game and Dayton is giving up over 40 a game but that's a whole other story. Any way GO Broncos and cheers for trying something different.

19 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

That's called daddy ball and playing favorites. I'm sure there are a lot of kids on the side lines that love this team and see little playing time. That's just not how you continue to get better and build a program. Look until Dayton learns how to block and play something that resembles defense you better have a QB that can run and extend plays. Try and  keep that defense off the field. Take away the Galena Park game and Dayton is giving up over 40 a game but that's a whole other story. Any way GO Broncos and cheers for trying something different.

I could name a few reasons why Dayton has given up so many points but I don’t feel like going back and forth especially with another bronco fan. I will keep my opinions to myself and just wait until next Friday for some more bronco football. 

GO BRONCOS. We support y’all no matter what keep ur heads up and keep fighting. 

All I’m gonna get on here and say is that AJ goes out every game night and pours his heart and soul in every game. Your not an average QB putting up 1870 yards and 15 tds before tonight’s game, yea this is a game we needed to win, wanted to win, and probably should’ve won. We didn’t. You can take a dang good running back and play him at QB (Crosby and Angleton did it for years) all night long and what you have is a dang good running back taking snaps,or a receiver, or whatever. My point is, Aj loves his team, period. He has two more games, in his high school career left, and he will continue to do his job, and that’ll be whatever his coaches decide. The close ball games that we have been loosing, well, if it weren’t for Aj and his ability, we would’ve not stood any chance, the kid has put together some damn nice drives, and has put the ball where it needs to have been many many times, he can only do so much. But he has big shoulders and a short name Aj, so it gets hollered quiet a bit in every sport he plays,  and he isn’t bothered by any know it all fans that only finds the negative stuff to gripe and moan about, and forgets to acknowledge the good things he does. But it is what it is and it’ll be whatever it’ll be. As always Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

So what about that talk a couple years back of Dayton JV when they reached varsity level they would dominate this district?

SMH

I can’t speak for the whole program but what i talked about is Aj. And i think he has backed it up. Last year was 2nd team all district Qb, this year has led the stats for 4 districts as QB for 3 or 4 weeks in a row, with 1870 yard with 15 tds, without tonight’s game, so he gives it his all, but that shouldn’t concern you too much, should it. We also have some other players on the top 10 receivers and running backs list. No wins though so all that really don’t matter, not to this players anyway. But they will give their all’s for two more games regardless of what you or anyone else thinks. So please stir the pot, join in those trash talks putting down these kids that bust their asses on that field, Mr. Moderator.

45 minutes ago, CCbigfan said:

Dang so Dayton is winless and all y’all can come up with is to throw the qb under the bus for a soph smh. Aj was not the problem that’lets get that straight first. The soph should be getting himself together during the spring and offseason. You don’t do ya srs like that, wit 2 games left. 

Please show me one comment where any kid has been thrown under the bus including the Nail kid which I think has done a good job and played hard every time I have seen him play. I don't think it's throwing a kid under the bus to say that a team that's 0-8 should get the kid that will be your QB next year snaps the last couple games. Also if you think I'm saying or anybody in this town is saying it's this kids fault or any kids fault you are seriously mistaken. Anyway I hope the team finds a way to get at least one W these next two weeks.

8 hours ago, Bronco94 said:

I can’t speak for the whole program but what i talked about is Aj. And i think he has backed it up. Last year was 2nd team all district Qb, this year has led the stats for 4 districts as QB for 3 or 4 weeks in a row, with 1870 yard with 15 tds, without tonight’s game, so he gives it his all, but that shouldn’t concern you too much, should it. We also have some other players on the top 10 receivers and running backs list. No wins though so all that really don’t matter, not to this players anyway. But they will give their all’s for two more games regardless of what you or anyone else thinks. So please stir the pot, join in those trash talks putting down these kids that bust their asses on that field, Mr. Moderator.

My comment was not directed at those kids but the person (YOU) who made those bold predictions a couple of years ago and would get upset if someone disagreed with that comment.

My point being it's asinine to think just because the JV does well it will translate to success on Friday nights.

Again, SMH!!

28 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Lee is getting better, they have a few players, but geez, this wasn't even close.

I would say they were pretty even matched teams - the score doesn't show that - Dayton had a couple of plays that took a couple of scores off the board because of dumb penalties  that wouldn't of effected the oustcome. Lee just played with a lot more passion and wanted it more .

2 hours ago, Bill Dauterive said:

There's an old coaching saying..........."If you can't win with this year's kids, start playing next year's kids."

Not football related.. but after Bobby Knight's first year at Texas Tech, he was asked in a postseason interview if he was excited because he had so many returners.  His reply was "Why would I be excited about having these kids back?  They haven't won since they've been here."  Or something to that effect...