Newton 61 New Waverly 0/FINAL

WOSgrad

The Newton Eagles look to stay atop 12-3A-II as they host the New Waverly Bulldogs tonight!  W.T. Johnston's Eagles, 6-0 on the season and 2-0 in district, come off of a 65-20 win over Hemphill last week.  Meanwhile, New Waverly, 0-7 on the season and 0-2 in district play, comes off of a 28-0 loss to Anderson-Shiro last week.

Join Bobby Fillyaw, Donnie Meek and Jon Meek for all of the action for from Singletary Stadium beginning with the Eastex Credit Union Pregame Show at 7:05 followed by the kickoff at 7:30 by clicking on the following link:

This is the hidden content, please

Follow Newton Eagle Football on Your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas, SETXsports.com!

Playing teams like this doesn't really have that much of a benefit to Newton.  Other than all the non starters getting plenty of playing time. And that's a real good thing. They could have gotten a lot more playing time if the wouldn't have just let the clock run without stopping it in the second half. But Im apposed to slaughtering another team a hundred to zero.  JMO but I think , what a difference coaching, tradition and the support of the athletes in Newton makes. I actually hate to see the opposition get beaten so badly. I actually wish they had better coaching.  The kids deserve it. Not saying one coach or one year would make a difference.

4 hours ago, NewtonNation said:

Daingerfield or EF

4 hours ago, NewtonNation said:

Daingerfield or EF

Elisian Fields has already beat Dangerfield this year. If it comes down to a tie I suppose that will be the tie breaker. Dangerfield plays Pewitt next week. Looks like they have a tougher schedule left. We will have to wait and see. Dangerfield has a pretty good quarterback.  Running or throwing. If he has time in the pocket he is very accurate.  The time factor in the pocket will not likely be and option against Newton. He's a good runner and waits on his blocking when he runs

Most likely he will have to throw while running for his life.