Silsbee 28 Liberty 7/FINAL

WOSgrad

The Silsbee Tigers enter a crucial phase of 9-4A-II play as they take on the Liberty Panthers tonight.  Randy Smith's Tigers, 4-4 on the season and 1-1 in district play, come off of a 42-21 win over Hardin-Jefferson last week.  Meanwhile, Chad Taylor's Panthers, 5-1 on the season and 1-0 in district play, come off of a 38-35 win over Hamshire-Fannett.

Join Tim Scoggins for all of the action from War Memorial Stadium in Liberty beginning with the Eastex Credit Union Pregame Show at 6:45 followed by kickoff at 7 by clicking on the following link:

This is the hidden content, please

Follow Silsbee Tiger Football on Your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas, SETXsports.com!

B Foster showed he can run the ball a little if he number is called.  Good extra dynamic.  

I liked the way Martin ran this game.  Patient.  And boy, ohh boy.  Taylor sure knows how to finish off runs, he lowers that shoulder and punish that last defender.  If he was a little bigger, even like 30 lbs, he'd be a d -1 talent for sure.  

On defense, game ball goes to #20 MLB and #22 . Kid was an enforcer in the middle (LB) and #22, Sells, was in on so many tackles, I lost count on how many times his name was called.  Great pass breakup on a crucial 3rd down for this kid!

Also, honorable mention on the CB on defense with the key interception in the second half.  I believe it was Cam White.

Liberty is a nice team, though.  They just rely too heavily on JJ Slack...  This kid had to constantly make big plays on offense (QB) and defense (safety).  I think what they were trying to do would've worked but seems they fizzled out in the second half.  Lack of depth it appears.  They do have decent size (one of the RB's was a load), but lack speed.  And like many say, their offense is pretty boring.  Vidor , BC, and H-J seems to do more  with their run based offense...

58 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

B Foster showed he can run the ball a little if he number is called.  Good extra dynamic.  

I liked the way Martin ran this game.  Patient.  And boy, ohh boy.  Taylor sure knows how to finish off runs, he lowers that shoulder and punish that last defender.  If he was a little bigger, even like 30 lbs, he'd be a d -1 talent for sure.  

On defense, game ball goes to #20 MLB and #22 . Kid was an enforcer in the middle (LB) and #22, Sells, was in on so many tackles, I lost count on how many times his name was called.  Great pass breakup on a crucial 3rd down for this kid!

Also, honorable mention on the CB on defense with the key interception in the second half.  I believe it was Cam White.

Liberty is a nice team, though.  They just rely too heavily on JJ Slack...  This kid had to constantly make big plays on offense (QB) and defense (safety).  I think what they were trying to do would've worked but seems they fizzled out in the second half.  Lack of depth it appears.  They do have decent size (one of the RB's was a load), but lack speed.  And like many say, their offense is pretty boring.  Vidor , BC, and H-J seems to do more  with their run based offense...

I'm going to have to one up on the game ball for defense. The whole defense for Silsbee should get it. See that kind of offense for the first time The Tiger defense gave up 165 total yards to Liberty and 68 of that was on their first drive of the game. #20 starting his first game at LB stepped up and play good, The pass defense on that third down play was big for the three year starter #22. The defensive rotation was huge, 8 Dline, 4 LB, 5 DB. To many unsung hero's to name but our defense went to work!!