Long vs Morse vs Johnson

Jack Da Rabbit

Currently their passing numbers are

Roschon Johnson 429-660 6537 73 Tds

Adam Morse-467-730 6298 70 Tds

Dustin Long-392-798 6173 56 Tds

Johnson passed Morse up with about 70 less attempts passing. Johnson passed Long with about 140 less attempts. He has nearly the completions of Morse with 110 less attempts. Dustin Long was a 50/50 completion percentage guy clearly from his attempts and completions. Its almost exactly 50/50. Morse and Johnson have much better percentages completing passes. Also Long had a season where he attempted 399 passes, Morse most passes were 328, compared to Johnsons 279.
Throw all that 1999 different era crap out.  Long HAS THE MOST PASSES IN SCHOOL HISTORY and that is WITHOUT BF system. THEY THREW THE BALL IN 99 CONTRARY TO POPULAR BELIEF!
Now Long Clearly had the better overall teams than both Johnson and Morse. An argument can be made about the supporting casts of Morse vs Johnson.
If you add rushing statistics this becomes unfair, Johnson is closing in on the all time rushing record there. Very likely won't get it, but will be a close second.
I just think with his team composition and how much he is asked to do, Im picking Johnson over these two. He is THE MORE EFFECTIVE AND PRODUCTIVE PASSER ALL THE WHILE CARRYING THE LOAD AS THE TEAM LEADING RUSHER. 
It's easy but Ill let you debate. I really don't think anyone wants to see Johnson on a 99 Indians team with a defense!
Here is the stats link
This is the hidden content, please

RJ passes the eyeball test as the best QB at PN-G.  His stats prove what the eyes see.  DL had a 16-game season.  RJ and AM did not.  If you throw in championship hardware, then Richy Ethridge enters the conversation and he might be the second best QB behind RJ regardless of stats.  RE could run or throw, and what he did best was win.  RE was a coach on the field.  He could get PN-G out of bad plays and into good plays at the line of scrimmage. Players believed in him and those kids won a lot of games and hardware against the biggest classifications at the time.  Overall, I'd take RJ.  Put him on those teams in 1975-1976 and PN-G never loses to anyone.

Go Indians.  Peace.

6 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

RJ passes the eyeball test as the best QB at PN-G.  His stats prove what the eyes see.  DL had a 16-game season.  RJ and AM did not.  If you throw in championship hardware, then Richy Ethridge enters the conversation and he might be the second best QB behind RJ regardless of stats.  RE could run or throw, and what he did best was win.  RE was a coach on the field.  He could get PN-G out of bad plays and into good plays at the line of scrimmage. Players believed in him and those kids won a lot of games and hardware against the biggest classifications at the time.  Overall, I'd take RJ.  Put him on those teams in 1975-1976 and PN-G never loses to anyone.

Go Indians.  Peace.

I agree. Had Johnson had a truly effective RB I believe the stats would balloon even more in his favor since he wouldn't be tired from all the rushing attempts. 

18 minutes ago, The Icon said:

Johnson > Long > Morse

I agree. Had Johnson had a truly effective RB I believe the stats would balloon even more in his favor since he wouldn't be tired from all the rushing attempts. 

23 minutes ago, Reagan said:

If one is looking for overall success, only one has taken them to the State Championship game.  Them being unfortunate to run into the Briles clan.

Only one had the team to do so. To me thats like saying Emmitt Smith is better than Barry Sanders. Do I think Dustin Long could take ANY of Roschon's teams to state?  Absolutely not. Roschon has to close out his games and play safety on the opposite side of the ball after running 25 times and throwing 30 times. Do I think Roschon could take the 99 class to State and Win, absolutely.

10 minutes ago, Jack Da Rabbit said:

Only one had the team to do so. To me thats like saying Emmitt Smith is better than Barry Sanders. Do I think Dustin Long could take ANY of Roschon's teams to state?  Absolutely not. Roschon has to close out his games and play safety on the opposite side of the ball after running 25 times and throwing 30 times. Do I think Roschon could take the 99 class to State and Win, absolutely.

Since one is actual and the other speculative, we could talk all day long about this with no conclusion.  But, you are right, football is a team effort.  Maybe coaching has something to do with it also.  Again, fact vs speculation.

Dustin is the only one I saw play.  Had a step daughter in his class and saw everyone of his games from 7th grade on.  He would have had more completions his senior season if the wr's hadn't quit on him so many times.  They would stop running  and he would overthrow them 10 yds.  It happened every single game his senior year.  Made me so made I didn't know what to do.