11 - 4A - D1 Playoff Situation

Raiders94

13 minutes ago, LC-M said:

Kinda early to be honest. Right now if Huffman or Lumberton will upset Splendora and we can win out it would be nice to be co district champions lol.  

If Lumberton or Huffman beats Splendora ( which I see happening) I assure you it’s not considered a upset! Lumberton is finally back healthy again (except at QB) and should win out. 

LCM should end up 4th behind Lumberton, Huffman and Splendora. But who knows lots can happen between now and then. 

7 minutes ago, VP93.... said:

If Lumberton or Huffman beats Splendora ( which I see happening) I assure you it’s not considered a upset! Lumberton is finally back healthy again (except at QB) and should win out. 

LCM should end up 4th behind Lumberton, Huffman and Splendora. But who knows lots can happen between now and then. 

Splendora isn't a bad football team like they have been in years past. I was impressed with their team. They are big and physical. They are a beatable team no doubt and Huffman or Lumberton could beat them. I don't see Bridge City beating them. I think LCM could win out or be in 4th place to be honest, and that's nothing against Huffman or Lumberton. I just think LCM will  play both teams a  good close game and it could go either way. The problem since Crouch has been our head Coach has been maintaining a lead and not giving up a big play since he has been at LCM.  The two turnovers in the second half against  Splendora cost us the ball game.  But its football the ball bounced the other way for us. 

Here you go..

11-4A-I

School                                      W  L            W   L

District       Overall

Splendora                                  2    0             6    1

Lumberton                                 2    0             4     3

Huffman Hargrave                     1    1             3     4

Little Cypress-Mauriceville        1    1             2     5

Bridge City                                 0    2             1     6

Livingston                                  0    2             0     7

(Games remaining)

Note: The DC is very much up for grabs between HH, Lumberton, and Splendora

Splendora : (Huffman Hargrave,Lumberton,Bridge City) -  Win the next two games and they should have a playoff berth and possible the DC. They already have the head to head win vs. LCM.

Lumberton: (Bridge City,Splendora, LCM) - Basically the same boat as Splendora, but 2 wins would give them the DC.

Huffman Hargrave :  (Splendora,LCM,Livingston) -  The meat of the schedule is coming up, two wins would ensure a playoff spot, if one of them is against LCM that would probably be enough . (To avoid tie breakers)

LCM:  (Livingston,HH, Lumberton ) -  LCM needs to at least 2 wins and at least one of them needs to be vs HH to get a playoff spot. (To avoid tie breakers)

Bridge City:  (Lumberton,Livingston,Splendora)  -  A tough road for BC, they will probably need to win out to make the playoffs and have a couple of other games go their way.

Livingston:  LCM, Bridge City , HH)  - They haven't won a game yet, but are still mathematically in the hunt for a playoff spot.  A long shot.

6 hours ago, VP93.... said:

Who do you think will beat Splendora or you think both will?  So you think Lumberton will win out and win district?  

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Who cares?

BC vs Livingston in a fight to avoid going winless. 

Has there ever been a team with a less impressive drop to a lower classification than Livingston?

They could have dropped 2 classifications to 4A-Div II and still not made the playoffs. Not sure they make it if they had dropped 3 classifications to 3A Div I..

8 minutes ago, VP93.... said:

They only dressed out 25 kids.. most go both ways and never come off field. 

Well, they started the season with over 40 on the Varsity team. Sounds like grades or quitters. 

I know they are trying to keep they younger groups together, I think they have over 30 JV kids (Sophomores) and almost 50 Freshman.

33 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Well, they started the season with over 40 on the Varsity team. Sounds like grades or quitters. 

I know they are trying to keep they younger groups together, I think they have over 30 JV kids (Sophomores) and almost 50 Freshman.

Quite the reclamation project 

I hate to say it, but Livingston could be a 4a Div 1 non football school, and I really dont think anybody would care. Just from my past experiences there, I can almost guarantee there were more quitters than failing grades. There is no sense of pride in the school. They get beat and just don't care. It is a culture unlike anything i have ever seen. The thing is, usually if a school is bad in football, they are good in something else, but Livingston isn't good in anything sports wise. There is just no pride or desire by the kids or community to get better at anything. It is really very sad. Livingston would not win a game if they were in 3a. I don't know any of the coaches that are there now, but there's no way they are that inept. There are 2a schools that field more that 25 players, that is just pathetic. Until a mindset changes within the community and the school, Livingston will continue to get beat by 50 every game.

The volleyball/softball coach at Livingston is a good friend of mine.  She's been there 3-4 years.  Trying to change the culture of her teams.  She was competitive last year in 5A and will be in 4A too.  I've been to a few of her games the past few years.  Kids play hard, disciplined.  There is definitely a different culture with her programs vs the football program. She did say that there's not much community support for the athletic programs.  Especially football.   There were talks of building a new stadium there with the new high school, but don't think that happened.  Still at the old stadium off HWY 190

5 hours ago, IsoSauce said:

I hate to say it, but Livingston could be a 4a Div 1 non football school, and I really dont think anybody would care. Just from my past experiences there, I can almost guarantee there were more quitters than failing grades. There is no sense of pride in the school. They get beat and just don't care. It is a culture unlike anything i have ever seen. The thing is, usually if a school is bad in football, they are good in something else, but Livingston isn't good in anything sports wise. There is just no pride or desire by the kids or community to get better at anything. It is really very sad. Livingston would not win a game if they were in 3a. I don't know any of the coaches that are there now, but there's no way they are that inept. There are 2a schools that field more that 25 players, that is just pathetic. Until a mindset changes within the community and the school, Livingston will continue to get beat by 50 every game.

I wouldn't say we're not good at anything. Last season softball won district, our tennis team is pretty good and I think won district this year. Although our baseball team didn't make the playoffs last year, they're still competitive and I expect them to make the playoffs this year. Our girls basketball and volleyball teams have squeezed into the playoffs the last couple of years as well. Our golf team has even experienced a decent amount of success if i'm not mistaken. Granted, I don't remember the last time we've reached the second round of anything, but there are a few sports we aren't too bad at. 

• 2 weeks later...