Baytown Sterling HC/Campus Athletic Director takes off shirt at mid-field

ThirdDay

Seems like the issues in Baytown is they can't keep their homegrown talent in place when they make it to high school.  The numbers shown actually resembles BISD,  probably a lot  different demographics.  Numbers seem to be decent in Baytown. My point is, coaches have little big time talent and the numbers they have are probably middle tier football players...  Sterling will have a hard time competing in their district...  Competing with North Shores, Uniteds, West Brooks, and CE Kings, schools with good athletes.  The good talent just isn't at Baytown Lee.  And GCM, I think have had some decent seasons in the past....

30 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Seems like the issues in Baytown is they can't keep their homegrown talent in place when they make it to high school.  The numbers shown actually resembles BISD,  probably a lot  different demographics.  Numbers seem to be decent in Baytown. My point is, coaches have little big time talent and the numbers they have are probably middle tier football players...  Sterling will have a hard time competing in their district...  Competing with North Shores, Uniteds, West Brooks, and CE Kings, schools with good athletes.  The good talent just isn't at Baytown Lee.  And GCM, I think have had some decent seasons in the past....

I have seen Baytown Lee’s basketball team. They aren’t short of athletes in Baytown, just kids who don’t play football. I’m not saying they’d be great football players but they have athleticism that could potentially help on the field. But sterlings situation does make it hard to compete in their district. It’d take something big for there to be a positive turn. 

Our Baytown athletes tend to "specialize" in one sport. We have had some kids that would have really helped our football programs play only baseball or basketball. Same at all three schools. Maybe combining the schools would allow more kids to do that. Right now, it hurts us.

Somehow, we need to start winning games. Everyone wants to be part of a winning program. Even kids that specialize in one sport. Having to compete in practice every day makes everyone better. With what we have now, most kids know their position is not in jeopardy. Combining the schools would help in that aspect. 

I refuse to place the blame on only coaching. I have always believed it's not x's and o's,  it's Larrys and Joes. Coaches at all levels make mistakes. However, I have never met a coach that did not want to win.

Oh there’s plenty of just football talent to win in Baytown if all three schools combined. If you took the 6-7 best Oline from all 3 schools. Best 6-7 d-line  best 7-8 lbs best 6-8 Db’s  best 3 Qbs  best 4 Backs and best 8 WRs from all 3 schools we have RIGHT NOW compete out the gate with coaching. Then you have a few for depth as well.  

Problem is those that may be 5-8th on the depth chart don’t care enough about winning to want to have to compete.