LCM VS Livingston

LCMAlumtiger32

First off I don't expect a lot responses  from Lion fans due to them having a down year. LCM played a hard fought game last night Coaches did a good job and players gave it there all. A few mistakes cost them but they will build it off of it. I think LCM got the districts attention last night that we can play with anyone in our district. If we get a good lead on the Lions I would like to see us bring up the JV QB  and a few others to get them exposed to the Friday night experience. 

Only need two wins to make the playoffs. Most people thought LCM, Bridge City and Livingston were the bottom dwellers in this district and the survivor of this round robin gets the privilege of losing to Navasota. 

It's homecoming, maybe we'll see some inspired play.

I highly doubt it but it what I tell myself each week. Thank goodness basketball starts today.

12 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

Only need two wins to make the playoffs. Most people thought LCM, Bridge City and Livingston were the bottom dwellers in this district and the survivor of this round robin gets the privilege of losing to Navasota. 

It's homecoming, maybe we'll see some inspired play.

I highly doubt it but it what I tell myself each week. Thank goodness basketball starts today.

I don’t think we would lose to Navasota if we match up with them. If anything it would be close. Splendora beat Livingston by 87 point we loss by 4. Which the game could have went either way. If we get up I’m sure Crouch won’t run the score up

12 minutes ago, LC-M said:

Do you know if they are bringing up any more kids up for this game? Like JV Qb ?

Honestly, it would not matter. When I saw their score against Splendora, I thought it was for basketball. They could've put 100 points on Livingston if they wanted. Makes you feel bad for their boys. A JV QB is not going to make a real difference.

8 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Honestly, it would not matter. When I saw their score against Splendora, I thought it was for basketball. They could've put 100 points on Livingston if they wanted. Makes you feel bad for their boys. A JV QB is not going to make a real difference.

Believe he’s talking about LCM JV QB

5 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Well I would play back ups just Incase of injuries no point to play a starter if your up by that margin. LCM only suits up about 30 so we don’t reallt have a lot of depth. I do feel bad for livingston I remember when they had Coach Rowe and they were tuff opponant 

4 minutes ago, Walk-off said:

Believe he’s talking about LCM JV QB

3 minutes ago, LC-M said:

Well I would play back ups just Incase of injuries no point to play a starter if your up by that margin. LCM only suits up about 30 so we don’t reallt have a lot of depth. I do feel bad for livingston I remember when they had Coach Rowe and they were tuff opponant 

Gotcha - I agree with at least splitting some time with a no. 2 or no. 3 QB if you're talking about LCM. Makes a lot of sense. That's what Nick Saban says anyway... Lol

4 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Gotcha - I agree with at least splitting some time with a no. 2 or no. 3 QB if you're talking about LCM. Makes a lot of sense. That's what Nick Saban says anyway... Lol

Yes I was talking about LCM. We are on 2nd string Qb as of right now which imo he will remain the starter for the rest of the season

1 hour ago, LC-M said:

I don’t think we would lose to Navasota if we match up with them. If anything it would be close. Splendora beat Livingston by 87 point we loss by 4. Which the game could have went either way. If we get up I’m sure Crouch won’t run the score up

I saw that disaster of a playoff game in Lufkin last year. I wouldn't be so sure y'all would beat Navasota or Furr with Crouch. I would be shocked if more than one team in this district survived bi-district.

As for learning anything from playing Livingston, it's practically a bye week.  You might as well let the young kids gets some varsity reps in. It keeps your starters from suffering from a fluke injury in a decided game.

For the record, Splendora didn't run up the score. When you're throwing in kids to just run the ball up the middle, basically just to keep the clock moving, you're depending on the other side to make a simple tackle so the pain can end. If the other team refuses to tackle, you can't blame the kid for scoring or blame the other coach for running up the score.

I had no problem with Splendora. It's on Livingston to do better.

6 minutes ago, BearEssentials97 said:

I saw that disaster of a playoff game in Lufkin last year. I wouldn't be so sure y'all would beat Navasota or Furr with Crouch. I would be shocked if more than one team in this district survived bi-district.

As for learning anything from playing Livingston, it's practically a bye week.  You might as well let the young kids gets some varsity reps in. It keeps your starters from suffering from a fluke injury in a decided game.

For the record, Splendora didn't run up the score. When you're throwing in kids to just run the ball up the middle, basically just to keep the clock moving, you're depending on the other side to make a simple tackle so the pain can end. If the other team refuses to tackle, you can't blame the kid for scoring or blame the other coach for running up the score.

That LCM vs Kilgore game  blowout was gonna happen we had 7 kids out. I knew that was coming. LCM and Navasota were 1-1 in district the last 2 years. We had a injury to our running back last year and things kind fell off after that Huffman loss and the team never could regroup. Kilgore really wasn’t to impressive other then thier fast Qb and since he has left they have only won 2 games this year.

6 hours ago, BearEssentials97 said:

You will be shocked. The opposite is more likely. This district will be at least 2-2 in bi district. Lumberton, LCM, Splendora and Huffman vs Stafford, Navasota, Wheatley and Furr.  Match em up any way you like and we take 2 or 3. In fact, if one district wins all four, it will be 11. 

Now, if only one team makes it past the second round, I will have to say that team played way over their head. 

12 minutes ago, 85LHSTAMU89 said:

You will be shocked. The opposite is more likely. This district will be at least 2-2 in bi district. Lumberton, LCM, Splendora and Huffman vs Stafford, Navasota, Wheatley and Furr.  Match em up any way you like and we take 2 or 3. In fact, if one district wins all four, it will be 11. 

Now, if only one team makes it past the second round, I will have to say that team played way over their head. 

I just did a cal prep projection and they have Navasota by 10 points against LCM. They also had Spendora at 10 against LCM and it was a lot closer. I think we should be fine in the first round and it should be competitive for the 3 and 4 seed in bi district.