Huffman @ Splendora

urgf

15 minutes ago, urgf said:

Game of the week in 4A- District 11. 

Splendora enters 6-1 on the season, but I noticed they have played many backup QBs on their schedule (Liberty, LCM, Kashmere). Does the trend continue? Rumors Huffman QB was injured late against Bridge City. 

Injury bug going around. I think we lost our starting running back last night. Huffman and Splendora should be another good game

Only watch a little film on Splendora,  but that's gonna change this week.  Preliminary looks like they are just like us but bigger..  If this week we can put a entire game together it might be a pretty good competitive game. Offense is getting better every week, just gotta get these stupid mistake/miscues down.  Cant wait till Friday..

24 minutes ago, Huffman Hargrave Falcons72 said:

Only watch a little film on Splendora,  but that's gonna change this week.  Preliminary looks like they are just like us but bigger..  If this week we can put a entire game together it might be a pretty good competitive game. Offense is getting better every week, just gotta get these stupid mistake/miscues down.  Cant wait till Friday..

there #10 is a play maker. There Qb throws a accurate ball. We could not run them but we have lacked a running game all year. We throw the almost every down 

This will be a shootout, Huffman is the best team Splendora has played all year.

Both have played Liberty with Huffman losing and Splendora winning. I don’t know much about Splendora but if their D can cover they have a good shot at winning cause Huffman will throw it a lot as well as Splendora. With that being said Huffman wins 41-38. 

On 10/20/2018 at 0:24 PM, urgf said:

Game of the week in 4A- District 11. 

Splendora enters 6-1 on the season, but I noticed they have played many backup QBs on their schedule (Liberty, LCM, Kashmere). Does the trend continue? Rumors Huffman QB was injured late against Bridge City. 

This true?  Splendora played a bunch of back up Qb's so far?  Is the Huffman QB injured?  I thought he played Friday night?  Anyone know

3 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

This is going to be very tight football game. Both teams have a lot on the line.

Can Huffman's Defense hold up to the power running game of Splendora?

Can Splendora cover the Huffman receiving corps?

Who has the better kicker/Special Teams?

That's what Lumberton did, power run.

Thoughts on this game are much the same as the Lumberton/Huffman game. Outcome will be decided by the success of the Huffman passing game.

Completion percentage has been roughly 50/50 all year.  O line has protected the QB pretty well most of the time.   QB has a good arm and typically has a receiver open every play.  Keys here will be bumping completions up to 60-65% and QB feeling pressure early enough to make a safe incomplete pass or running if it's there.  Do those two things and Huffman puts up 30-40 points.

Splendora has a consistent offense and will put up 24-30 points against a pretty salty Falcon defense. 

With that said, I missed my Splendora pick last week so I will err on the the side of statistics and take them by 4 in a close one. 

13 hours ago, 85LHSTAMU89 said:

Thoughts on this game are much the same as the Lumberton/Huffman game. Outcome will be decided by the success of the Huffman passing game.

Completion percentage has been roughly 50/50 all year.  O line has protected the QB pretty well most of the time.   QB has a good arm and typically has a receiver open every play.  Keys here will be bumping completions up to 60-65% and QB feeling pressure early enough to make a safe incomplete pass or running if it's there.  Do those two things and Huffman puts up 30-40 points.

Splendora has a consistent offense and will put up 24-30 points against a pretty salty Falcon defense. 

With that said, I missed my Splendora pick last week so I will err on the the side of statistics and take them by 4 in a close one. 

If it weren't for Lumbertons' secondary Huffman would have put the game away. The interceptions our guys made coupled with the pass into double coverage that somehow ended up in our receivers hands were what gave us the win.

21 minutes ago, raideroldtimer said:

If it weren't for Lumbertons' secondary Huffman would have put the game away. The interceptions our guys made coupled with the pass into double coverage that somehow ended up in our receivers hands were what gave us the win.

I think the Huffman Offensive Coordinator gave yall that game.  The lack of a 4 minute offense (which they should have been running the whole second half) was the difference. Huffman didn't neeed to score in the second half, they just needed to play keep away. When you have a lead like they did, any drive that ends in a kick is a good drive. If they would have run the ball in the second half then Lumberton would have had no shot at coming back, IMO.

But, Splendora has a a balanced attack and should be able to take advantage of whatever the Huffman defense gives them. The difference will be if Splendora can cover the Huffman receiver or if the Huffman QB can throw it to the right color jersey.

Huffman only throws the ball to #10 I think.  90 % of the time . A slant every now and then, but mostly it's a fade route on the twin receiver side. All Lumberton did was move the safety over the top in the 2nd half.  Huffman continued to throw the same route.  Interception after interception.  Bad play calling. Huffman should've never lost to Lumberton after being up 24-7 at half.

6 minutes ago, Coach #23 said:

Huffman only throws the ball to #10 I think.  90 % of the time . A slant every now and then, but mostly it's a fade route on the twin receiver side. All Lumberton did was move the safety over the top in the 2nd half.  Huffman continued to throw the same route.  Interception after interception.  Bad play calling. Huffman should've never lost to Lumberton after being up 24-7 at half.

If Huffman threw the ball to one guy that could be a difference against Splendora. We threw the ball to 4 different receivers which Spendora was having problems covering.