Santa Fe @ PN-G Homecoming: Indians vs Indians

NDNation

After playing PNG & Santa Fe play I am going to go with Santa Fe in a close one. I hate to bet against Shug because he’s such a difference maker when he’s on the field but I think Santa Fe’s defense and play calling on offense will be the difference maker. Not to mention thier Qb can sling it. They are a very hard nosed and griddy team that’s well coached. 

Frustrating to watch teams hang around that wouldnt otherwise if the D was average. Still, got to trust that the O does enough to win. Wish we would utilize the center of the field in the passing game more often. Most of the turnovers come when we run bootlegs toward the Wr we are throwing to. I hate those sideline pass bootlegs.

Well PNG is one dimensional with one guy being the quarterback that moves the team no running backs no wide receivers that can catch too many mistakes on offense no defense I think Santa Fe take this one I hope not but I think Santa Fe wins this one And I sure hope the quarterback for PNG does not get hurt because if he does their season is over

8 minutes ago, grayhair777 said:

Well PNG is one dimensional with one guy being the quarterback that moves the team no running backs no wide receivers that can catch too many mistakes on offense no defense I think Santa Fe take this one I hope not but I think Santa Fe wins this one And I sure hope the quarterback for PNG does not get hurt because if he does their season is over

When the guys meaning the skill position players, are given the ball in space then they tend to make more plays. A 7-10 yard passing game heavy with slants, crossess, ins, etc. could help that. Then when you do the sideline bootlegs it could be more effective. Cejas is good with the ball in his hands. They gotta figure something out. It is what it is on D. Not really worth talking about that.

27 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

When the guys meaning the skill position players, are given the ball in space then they tend to make more plays. A 7-10 yard passing game heavy with slants, crossess, ins, etc. could help that. Then when you do the sideline bootlegs it could be more effective. Cejas is good with the ball in his hands. They gotta figure something out. It is what it is on D. Not really worth talking about that.

Yep, getting tired of talking about the defense. 

We got one of the best coaches we could utilize for D coach but he quit after FC came! Mike Arnaud is an excellent coach but he is there just supporting the kids! Last year I seen a text message from one of the D coaches telling one of the kids he could read the plays better he tackled better but the kid in his place was just little faster! That doesn’t make sense to me play the kids that can tackle and can read the plays what does speed do if they want to arm tackle! We need kids on D that is aggressive and will tackle! Nederland is gonna eat us up at the Reservation if something doesn’t change with our defense! Year after year is the same issues! No adjustments made week after week! Last year that’s why we lost to Nederland defense couldn’t hang with their passing game! Maybe we need to suit RJ both ways! Not really don’t want to risk him getting hurt but we could use a couple more kids with his passion for the game!

We have kids in the bench that could make a difference. Wuenschel got hurt and everyone thought it was the end of the world but as we can see it wasn’t. Any of you remember #40 making the tackle on the Crosby kick off return that looked like they were going to run all the way back? That kid is a great RB and can play defense but instead he’s a spectator on the sidelines. Our defense is killing us and there have been no changes, it’s insane. As for WR, even the news made the comment that RJ had plenty of options last night. The problem is we usually don’t utilize everyone. 

52 minutes ago, ndn mom said:

We have kids in the bench that could make a difference. Wuenschel got hurt and everyone thought it was the end of the world but as we can see it wasn’t. Any of you remember #40 making the tackle on the Crosby kick off return that looked like they were going to run all the way back? That kid is a great RB and can play defense but instead he’s a spectator on the sidelines. Our defense is killing us and there have been no changes, it’s insane. As for WR, even the news made the comment that RJ had plenty of options last night. The problem is we usually don’t utilize everyone. 

This is what happens when the DC is buddy buddy with the HC!! There has been a needed change the past 4 years.

Sometimes it is who contributes to the Booster club! Money talks and not always the best kids play and we are seeing that on our defense and it is is sad for the kids that should have a spot! Year after year we have some kids that have sat the bench that could make a difference on our defense! You would think they would want the best kids out on the field! Why do you have a team like last year that they slaughtered Nederland every year since they were in 7h grade they get to their senior year and loose! It was a shocker! The reason is some of the starters from the time they were in 7th grade were sitting the bench!

8 hours ago, chief1987 said:

Better find some defense. If not, the next 2 weeks will be L’s. 

Agreed!  If this is our best players on defense, lets play some of the players stuck on the bench, who are hungry to play.  I see very little desire & aggressive effort in the PNG defense on the field.  The responsibility for this lies.largely with the defensive coordinator.  If it is not working,  change something. 

8 minutes ago, png9mon said:

Agreed!  If this is our best players on defense, lets play some of the players stuck on the bench, who are hungry to play.  I see very little desire & aggressive effort in the PNG defense on the field.  The responsibility for this lies.largely with the defensive coordinator.  If it is not working,  change something. 

Am I missing something? Aren’t y’all undefeated in district play? Nobody’s playing defense in our district except Santa Fe and Nederland. Could be worse you could be 0 and 4 in district play. 

5 minutes ago, Realville said:

Am I missing something? Aren’t y’all undefeated in district play? Nobody’s playing defense in our district except Santa Fe and Nederland. Could be worse you could be 0 and 4 in district play. 

Have played bad enough defense to lose 2 of those games.  4 of the defensive stops were the other teams self-destruction.  The remaining teams will see how weak we are overall on defense,  and especially on pass defense.   So that undefeated district record will change quickly if no adjustments are made.  NOTE:  Please remember that I have no kids playing.  My only interest is making it through the rest of district without having to have the offense overcome our own weaknesses. 

10 minutes ago, png9mon said:

Have played bad enough defense to lose 2 of those games.  4 of the defensive stops were the other teams self-destruction.  The remaining teams will see how weak we are overall on defense,  and especially on pass defense.   So that undefeated district record will change quickly if no adjustments are made.  NOTE:  Please remember that I have no kids playing.  My only interest is making it through the rest of district without having to have the offense overcome our own weaknesses. 

Your offense is your defense. As long as yall keep out scoring your opponents I wouldn’t worry about it. Enjoy the ride. Y’all have a special talent in Shug.

16 minutes ago, Realville said:

Your offense is your defense. As long as yall keep out scoring your opponents I wouldn’t worry about it. Enjoy the ride. Y’all have a special talent in Shug.

So as a Defensive Coordinator you go oh well defense isnt executing, non-agressive. Oh I know lets not change anything, cause I have no pressure on me. The offense will pull the game out for us.  Give me a break!