Nederland @ Vidor

outanup

48 minutes ago, chorizo said:

I think neds o-line and d-line will dominate this week!!

Both Ned. O-LINE & D-LINES have been solid all year. If you like old school, tough, hard hitting, physical football this is what Nederland vs. Vidor  game is about. Winner of this game usually gets a key turnover or 2

3 hours ago, Michele said:

You are right, we will see an 0-4 team move to 0-5 in District.

Well said lol ... The starters on defense for Nederland bulldog have only gave up 17 points a game and the starting offense have been scoring average of 40 points a game, so somehow Vidor is going to be able to shut down our Offense and then score on our defense not going to happen remember their 0-4 in district 

1 hour ago, grayhair777 said:

Well said lol ... The starters on defense for Nederland bulldog have only gave up 17 points a game and the starting offense have been scoring average of 40 points a game, so somehow Vidor is going to be able to shut down our Offense and then score on our defense not going to happen remember their 0-4 in district 

The Nederland offense isn't averaging 40 points a game. It is averaging 32 points per game, and the bulk of that is skewed by lopsided victories over two of the worst teams in the district (Dayton and Lee) and a 33-point performance against a bad Beaumont United team.

Nederland's offense, if you take out Dayton, Lee, and Beaumont United (that is, if you look at Nederland's offensive performance against the teams on the schedule that are doing well) averages 22 points a game. I'm including WOS, Silsbee, BH, and Santa Fe -- These are teams that are in the mix in their districts.

Tellingly, against potential playoff teams in our district, Nederland averages 24 points.  They are not exactly running people over offensively. They are solid, and they are clearly the favorite in the district, but there are vulnerabilities that Vidor can take advantage of. Vidor is down, but Vidor's offense has been getting on the board.

In games against Crosby, PNG, BH, and Santa Fe (all in the running for playoff spots) Vidor has averaged 28 points per game, which is more than Nederland's average against potential playoff teams. Even if we include Nederland's victories against far weaker teams and take the season average, Vidor's offense is putting up more points than Nederland's (34 vs 32). Further, I think we can all agree that Vidor's district run has so far been against tougher opponents than those faced by Nederland (PNG, Crosby, BH, and Santa Fe, as opposed to Lee, Dayton, BH, and Santa Fe). Against overall tougher competition, Vidor is scoring more. Against common opponents, Vidor is scoring more. 

Granted, Nederland won its games and Vidor lost them. My point is that Vidor is not a pushover and the Pirates will put points on the board. Nederland will have to bring it to keep that perfect record intact. 

Homework or no homework,scoring more against whoever,none of that crap matters,only thing that matters is,when those yellow busses leave on I-10 Friday night the Dogs will be 8-0 and the sinking black pearl gonna be 3-5,,with wins only coming from cupcakes!!!Thats the bottom line,so go do some homework with that philosophy!!!!!

47 minutes ago, chorizo said:

Homework or no homework,scoring more against whoever,none of that crap matters,only thing that matters is,when those yellow busses leave on I-10 Friday night the Dogs will be 8-0 and the sinking black pearl gonna be 3-5,,with wins only coming from cupcakes!!!Thats the bottom line,so go do some homework with that philosophy!!!!!

I never said the point averages in past games were going to determine who wins in the next game. You're right -- In the end, the only thing that matters is who wins the game. Until then, it doesn't hurt to look at different stats showing the different teams' strengths and weaknesses, particularly when it was a Nederland fan that brought it up. A Nederland fan said, "Look how many points we are scoring" (paraphrased) as evidence of how many points Nederland will put up against Vidor, and I offered some perspective as to why the data is skewed and areas where Vidor may not be as weak as their record looks. So, to the extent that the past performance is indicative of future performance, that "crap" does matter, and it may end up mattering so much that Nederland loses this week. Nederland is not invincible. Vidor has been close to HUGE wins this season. They just might pull one off this week. I certainly hope they do. 

26 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

I never said the point averages in past games were going to determine who wins in the next game. You're right -- In the end, the only thing that matters is who wins the game. Until then, it doesn't hurt to look at different stats showing the different teams' strengths and weaknesses, particularly when it was a Nederland fan that brought it up. A Nederland fan said, "Look how many points we are scoring" (paraphrased) as evidence of how many points Nederland will put up against Vidor, and I offered some perspective as to why the data is skewed and areas where Vidor may not be as weak as their record looks. So, to the extent that the past performance is indicative of future performance, that "crap" does matter, and it may end up mattering so much that Nederland loses this week. Nederland is not invincible. Vidor has been close to HUGE wins this season. They just might pull one off this week. I certainly hope they do. 

The game is being played in Vidor, correct? So...there will be no "watering down" of the field, as happens when Nederland plays at home, correct?  I still think Vidor will be the spoiler in this game and come away with the WIN in a squeaker!

43 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

You also didn’t take into account that a couple of those game were early in the season and the starting QB was in and out a lot.  In fact he didn’t finish a game until they played Dayton I think.  And we saw what happened there.

19 minutes ago, bigdog said:

You also didn’t take into account that a couple of those game were early in the season and the starting QB was in and out a lot.  In fact he didn’t finish a game until they played Dayton I think.  And we saw what happened there.

Blaysin first complete game was the Dayton game. Offense clicking on all cylinders . Plus I wouldn’t say Dayton is bottom feeder team they nearly beat PNG last week. They are probably the states best winless team imo. 

45 minutes ago, grayhair777 said:

Thanks for all the homework I needed them stats, I knew a Vidor fan would have them ready lol and they forget our starters don’t play the whole game if they did it would be 40 points a game....black pearl lmao

Here we go. The if game has started ladies and gentlemen.....this should be good....

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

Blaysin first complete game was the Dayton game. Offense clicking on all cylinders . Plus I wouldn’t say Dayton is bottom feeder team they nearly beat PNG last week. They are probably the states best winless team imo. 

Blaysin did not play the whole game vs Dayton. We were up 35-0 at the half and the starters were out with 5 minutes left in the 3rd...