Nederland @ Vidor

outanup

4 hours ago, Bulldogpower said:

Negative, our backup was out, our running game was out and a backup kicker was in, Wasn’t y’all the ones snapping like a 35 year LOSING streak? (Haven’t you already lost if that’s the case) notice you avoided the DC question.....another like 30 year drought that still had to be shared three ways. Either way it’s old news, we spotted y’all 14 last year and went ahead and took the W anyway 

Well I don’t care if your backups were out... or if your running game was out... it was surely the backup kicker that sealed y’alls fate. Ask yourself, does any of this sound like excuses? Spot us 14 this year and see how that works out for you.

16 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Well I don’t care if your backups were out... or if your running game was out... it was surely the backup kicker that sealed y’alls fate. Ask yourself, does any of this sound like excuses? Spot us 14 this year and see how that works out for you.

Ned’s first D hasn’t given up more than 17 to anyone with the exception of BH all year.  Good luck with that.

1 hour ago, Boneyard Boys said:

If  That’s what it takes to snap a 35 year losing streak then glad we could accommodate. Uhh last years Vidor team was way better so if we spot this current team 14 I wouldn’t be worried. Maybe the basketball team will be better, y’all have a early season and all now

16 hours ago, Hagar said:

Oh my goodness, where to start?  Why not with the first sentence where you said you have a legit question, and then proceed to belittle Vidor.  Accusing Vidor of copying your colors?  Do you know how many schools in Texas use Black & Gold?  Did Liberty copy Ned’s colors?  They’re Black & Gold.  How about Pleasant Grove who won a SC in 4A-II?  They’re Black & Gold.  Whether you believe this or not, the world does not revolve around Nederland.  It’s a nice town, and for the most part good people, but it’s not the center of the universe.  And Vidor copies your traditions?  Sure, yes, well, Vidor is a SC or two behind Ned’s traditions.  Then you go half cocked about band hats - For your information, there’s a thread for area High School Bands.  And as far as rivalries go, had you taken the time to read two post above, I stated, as well as someone earlier, that the rivalry was “tongue in cheek”.  If you’re not familiar with that term, use google.  And as for Vidor being a Nederland wanna-be, where do you get this insane information.  Is Nederland a Port Neches wanna-be?  You really might consider getting out more.  There’s a whole world outside of Nederland, Tx.

And I say that with all due respect to the citizens of Nederland.

Ok, you got me on the colors, but you still haven’t explained everything else that I have stated. This is what people have told me over the years, the homecoming and plenty more. I’m honestly surprised that you guys don’t see it. And no, Nederland literally has the opposite colors as PNG and the opposite style as PNG, we seemingly tried our best to separate the two. It was a legitimate question that still stands as unanswered, so your response to belittle the question was entirely pointless. I provided evidence and am seeking answers, not harsh comments from people who think they run the world and know everything.

6 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

It’s a rivalry now because your boys vandalized our school a few years ago right before the Nederland game.

Why would Ned do that to a school that is not their rival? Since the supposed rivalry apparently started then, there was no rivalry beforehand and therefore no motivation to do that. 

33 minutes ago, Ecody said:

Why would Ned do that to a school that is not their rival? Since the supposed rivalry apparently started then, there was no rivalry beforehand and therefore no motivation to do that. 

Lmao I guess I missed the unspoken rule that said teenagers can only spray paint their rivals school. Hmmmmmmmmmm interesting.

23 minutes ago, Mytwocents3788 said:

Lmao I guess I missed the unspoken rule that said teenagers can only spray paint their rivals school. Hmmmmmmmmmm interesting.

Rule #3.57

Article #3.57 

Section (D), Sub Section (2) has a noted exception to the rule .

"No opinions are allowed on forum UNLESS it is a mid-county Biased opinion"

I feel like this game will be closer for the first 3 quarters and then Nederland will impose their will. Winning breeds winning and these kids think they can win every week. Vidor always plays Nederland tough. I’m sure that some in vidor would love to have the success that Nederland has year in and year out. That is probably frustrating to play Nederland so tough but have different overall results. Expect vidor to play Nederland like they always do. Tough hard nosed football. 

2 hours ago, Ecody said:

Ok, you got me on the colors, but you still haven’t explained everything else that I have stated. This is what people have told me over the years, the homecoming and plenty more. I’m honestly surprised that you guys don’t see it. And no, Nederland literally has the opposite colors as PNG and the opposite style as PNG, we seemingly tried our best to separate the two. It was a legitimate question that still stands as unanswered, so your response to belittle the question was entirely pointless. I provided evidence and am seeking answers, not harsh comments from people who think they run the world and know everything.

Oh contraire.  Your post went on to accuse Vidor of being a Nederland wanna-be.  If I lived in Vidor, and was a wanna-be, why not a Highland Park wanna-be?  Or a Carthage wanna-be?  Those two pile up SC’s like they’re giving them away at Wal-Mart.  And also, I’ve seen or heard nothing of anyone’s halftime performance rivaling Vidor’s.  It’s possible there are some, but I’m not aware of them.  Again, why you said Vidor copied Ned’s is beyond me.  And you wonder why Vidor didn’t choose Lumberton as a rival?  How long has Vidor played Ltown?  Not that many years.  As someone posted earlier, with all the new classifications, and schools constantly changing, there will be very few “Rivalries” created in the future.

And since you obviously didn’t google “tongue in cheek”, it’s a humorous or sarcastic statement expressed in a mock serious manner.  Vidor vs Ned is not a rivalry, but since Ned has defeated Vidor so many times over the years, I’m fairly certain the Vidor fans would love to beat Nederland more than most any other team.  Nederland wanna-be - not hardly.  Wanna-beat Nederland - no doubt, although it rarely happens.

59 minutes ago, Proud Dawg said:

I feel like this game will be closer for the first 3 quarters and then Nederland will impose their will. Winning breeds winning and these kids think they can win every week. Vidor always plays Nederland tough. I’m sure that some in vidor would love to have the success that Nederland has year in and year out. That is probably frustrating to play Nederland so tough but have different overall results. Expect vidor to play Nederland like they always do. Tough hard nosed football. 

Good analysis Proud Dawg.  I agree.  Winning Tradition is a powerful advantage.

54 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Oh contraire.  Your post went on to accuse Vidor of being a Nederland wanna-be.  If I lived in Vidor, and was a wanna-be, why not a Highland Park wanna-be?  Or a Carthage wanna-be?  Those two pile up SC’s like they’re giving them away at Wal-Mart.  And also, I’ve seen or heard nothing of anyone’s halftime performance rivaling Vidor’s.  It’s possible there are some, but I’m not aware of them.  Again, why you said Vidor copied Ned’s is beyond me.  And you wonder why Vidor didn’t choose Lumberton as a rival?  How long has Vidor played Ltown?  Not that many years.  As someone posted earlier, with all the new classifications, and schools constantly changing, there will be very few “Rivalries” created in the future.

And since you obviously didn’t google “tongue in cheek”, it’s a humorous or sarcastic statement expressed in a mock serious manner.  Vidor vs Ned is not a rivalry, but since Ned has defeated Vidor so many times over the years, I’m fairly certain the Vidor fans would love to beat Nederland more than most any other team.  Nederland wanna-be - not hardly.  Wanna-beat Nederland - no doubt, although it rarely happens.

Agreed, like I said....crosby poster has to be, although JM has mentioned he wants to be like Nederland....so maybe a little bit want to be but with respect of course he’s being his usual class act. Not like the poster here making statements that have been discussed for years and have a mutual understanding on. The only game that hasn’t been close in recent years was in 2014 I believe it was 50-32, so previous games indicate this will be a close one. 

10 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

No I think the official excuse for the last time we beat y’all was not an injured player. Something about you guys using an ineligible player that year, it was such a crushing defeat that you all went and hired a new football coach the next season.

More like a missed fieldgoal.

Looking at records, Nederland.

Looking at Vidor's uncanny ability to play the spoiler that beats the district leader, and lose to the middle of the road teams.. Vidor.

I honestly don't know who to go with. Probably Nederland. Always will love my Pirates, win or lose. But this is one of those years they just keep coming up short in hard played games. Like the jinx of the bad news bears or something.

12 hours ago, Bulldogpower said:

Agreed, like I said....crosby poster has to be, although JM has mentioned he wants to be like Nederland....so maybe a little bit want to be but with respect of course he’s being his usual class act. Not like the poster here making statements that have been discussed for years and have a mutual understanding on. The only game that hasn’t been close in recent years was in 2014 I believe it was 50-32, so previous games indicate this will be a close one. 

I have to agree, those post do seem a little Crosbyesque :)