Nederland @ Vidor

outanup

1 hour ago, Ecody said:

Ok, Vidor, I have a legit question. Throw all of the statistics of the teams, present and past, out the window. Why do you consider us you rivals? You could’ve easily had a rival with closer towns, such as Lumberton, but you decided to go with a town on the other side of Beamount that has already had a rival for almost 100 years. I figure that Vidor tried to force a rivalry by first, copying our colors, second, by copying our traditions, and third, telling us that Vidor and Nederland’s supposed “rivalry” is bigger than Mid-County Madness. First of all, the “Band of Bands” has the same hat as the “Golden Pride,” but if you look closely, you’ll see that the gold on Vidor’s hat doesn’t match the gold on their jackets, but the same hat matches Nederland’s jackets perfectly. Also, your “traditional” homecoming halftime performance was a Nederland tradition that you started to do after Nederland hosted Vidor for their homecoming. And, if this rivalry is as big as you claim, why does it not have a name? It’s not called the “Black and Gold Bowl,” and that’s simply because it will have no meaning. “The Beaumont Bowl” had meaning between two Beaumont schools, and “Mid-County Madness/Bum Phillips Bowl” has so much meaning, referring to the people and the long history. So, you can claim as you claim, think as you think, but Vidor is only a Nederland wanna-be, trying to use mockery to spark a rivalry, as if we need to win a right for the colors, which I believe we have done years ago.

Oh my goodness, where to start?  Why not with the first sentence where you said you have a legit question, and then proceed to belittle Vidor.  Accusing Vidor of copying your colors?  Do you know how many schools in Texas use Black & Gold?  Did Liberty copy Ned’s colors?  They’re Black & Gold.  How about Pleasant Grove who won a SC in 4A-II?  They’re Black & Gold.  Whether you believe this or not, the world does not revolve around Nederland.  It’s a nice town, and for the most part good people, but it’s not the center of the universe.  And Vidor copies your traditions?  Sure, yes, well, Vidor is a SC or two behind Ned’s traditions.  Then you go half cocked about band hats - For your information, there’s a thread for area High School Bands.  And as far as rivalries go, had you taken the time to read two post above, I stated, as well as someone earlier, that the rivalry was “tongue in cheek”.  If you’re not familiar with that term, use google.  And as for Vidor being a Nederland wanna-be, where do you get this insane information.  Is Nederland a Port Neches wanna-be?  You really might consider getting out more.  There’s a whole world outside of Nederland, Tx.

And I say that with all due respect to the citizens of Nederland.

Vidor is game is one of two things either a blowout win or close game win or loss no in between with this game. Here as of late I guess we can go back the last 10 years I’m sure we’ll more than half have been decided by less than a touchdown. It’s  always a great game and test of discipline football and physical football... A Mathews coached team is always very disciplined, and make you pay for your mistakes if you don’t watch out. We have the bigs up front to take on that Vidor o line just gotta play smart football. 

Vidor how big is your o line this year, y’all usually have some big boys. I’m always impressed how well yall’s line can hang in the game how much them guards pull and take hits and just keep rolling and going they never get winded. 

10 hours ago, Ecody said:

Ok, Vidor, I have a legit question. Throw all of the statistics of the teams, present and past, out the window. Why do you consider us you rivals? You could’ve easily had a rival with closer towns, such as Lumberton, but you decided to go with a town on the other side of Beamount that has already had a rival for almost 100 years. I figure that Vidor tried to force a rivalry by first, copying our colors, second, by copying our traditions, and third, telling us that Vidor and Nederland’s supposed “rivalry” is bigger than Mid-County Madness. First of all, the “Band of Bands” has the same hat as the “Golden Pride,” but if you look closely, you’ll see that the gold on Vidor’s hat doesn’t match the gold on their jackets, but the same hat matches Nederland’s jackets perfectly. Also, your “traditional” homecoming halftime performance was a Nederland tradition that you started to do after Nederland hosted Vidor for their homecoming. And, if this rivalry is as big as you claim, why does it not have a name? It’s not called the “Black and Gold Bowl,” and that’s simply because it will have no meaning. “The Beaumont Bowl” had meaning between two Beaumont schools, and “Mid-County Madness/Bum Phillips Bowl” has so much meaning, referring to the people and the long history. So, you can claim as you claim, think as you think, but Vidor is only a Nederland wanna-be, trying to use mockery to spark a rivalry, as if we need to win a right for the colors, which I believe we have done years ago.

Surely all of that was not legitimate........

... or any of it?

11 hours ago, grayhair777 said:

Rivalry thing is something the Vidor coach started.it the only game he really wants to win....the last time he beat Nederland I saw him down on his knees crying someone had to pick him up...maybe that’s why he didn’t win but one game that season 

You meant to say we only lost one in district game that season, 7 and 1 district champs and don’t you forget it. As I recall we beat Nederland at their own stadium and had an 8 and 3 season.

11 hours ago, Ecody said:

It’s a rivalry now because your boys vandalized our school a few years ago right before the Nederland game.

When Vidor wins it’s usually on a injured bulldog team and it’s all Vidor can handle as it comes down to the wire, I don’t know of any injuries so all starters will be playing but it depends on how the Vidor team feels, they lost their HC and that never happens, it’s a strange year for Vidor so who knows honestly they bring the A game they’ve needed all season. But I do have one question, why is it Vidor fans refuse to give credit to the two other teams they shared the DC with? It was a three way tie and they act like they took it soley themselves....just a thought. And where the heck has Rob been? 

10 hours ago, Hagar said:

Oh my goodness, where to start?  Why not with the first sentence where you said you have a legit question, and then proceed to belittle Vidor.  Accusing Vidor of copying your colors?  Do you know how many schools in Texas use Black & Gold?  Did Liberty copy Ned’s colors?  They’re Black & Gold.  How about Pleasant Grove who won a SC in 4A-II?  They’re Black & Gold.  Whether you believe this or not, the world does not revolve around Nederland.  It’s a nice town, and for the most part good people, but it’s not the center of the universe.  And Vidor copies your traditions?  Sure, yes, well, Vidor is a SC or two behind Ned’s traditions.  Then you go half cocked about band hats - For your information, there’s a thread for area High School Bands.  And as far as rivalries go, had you taken the time to read two post above, I stated, as well as someone earlier, that the rivalry was “tongue in cheek”.  If you’re not familiar with that term, use google.  And as for Vidor being a Nederland wanna-be, where do you get this insane information.  Is Nederland a Port Neches wanna-be?  You really might consider getting out more.  There’s a whole world outside of Nederland, Tx.

I like it Hagar. Two thumbs up.

10 hours ago, Hagar said:

He’s got to be a Crosby fan posing as a bulldog. We all have some sort of business over in Vidor at some point in our life so attacking the town isn’t a norm for us as it can be for some other types of fans. 

16 minutes ago, Bulldogpower said:

When Vidor wins it’s usually on a injured bulldog team and it’s all Vidor can handle as it comes down to the wire, I don’t know of any injuries so all starters will be playing but it depends on how the Vidor team feels, they lost their HC and that never happens, it’s a strange year for Vidor so who knows honestly they bring the A game they’ve needed all season. But I do have one question, why is it Vidor fans refuse to give credit to the two other teams they shared the DC with? It was a three way tie and they act like they took it soley themselves....just a thought. And where the heck has Rob been? 

No I think the official excuse for the last time we beat y’all was not an injured player. Something about you guys using an ineligible player that year, it was such a crushing defeat that you all went and hired a new football coach the next season.

5 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

No I think the official excuse for the last time we beat y’all was not an injured player. Something about you guys using an ineligible player that season, it was such a crushing defeat that you all went and hired a new football coach the next season.

Lol.  Yeah crushing.   10 whole wins over the last what 70 years or so.  Come on man.  Neumann has probably decided to retire at the beginning of the year and wasn’t going to announce it until the season was over.

21 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

You meant to say we only lost one in district game that season, 7 and 1 district champs and don’t you forget it. As I recall we beat Nederland at their own stadium and had an 8 and 3 season.

Just as I thought it was a big win for Vidor,you must have been the guy who picked coach M up ...coDC and the only one your coach has. can’t even win a district game this year and y’all have some good kids. That play hard every game...let’s go!!!

49 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

No I think the official excuse for the last time we beat y’all was not an injured player. Something about you guys using an ineligible player that year, it was such a crushing defeat that you all went and hired a new football coach the next season.

Negative, our backup was out, our running game was out and a backup kicker was in, Wasn’t y’all the ones snapping like a 35 year LOSING streak? (Haven’t you already lost if that’s the case) notice you avoided the DC question.....another like 30 year drought that still had to be shared three ways. Either way it’s old news, we spotted y’all 14 last year and went ahead and took the W anyway