Lumberton @ BC

RaiderGirl2010

Raiders are getting better every week and will be ready when they get to Bridge City on Friday. Offense is starting to gel and the defense has only given up 2 touchdowns and a field goal in the last 6 quarters.  

Cardinals showed some spark at times last week against Huffman and they will be hungry in front of their home crowd.

I see a close game in the first half but BC will not have enough in the tank to go 4 quarters with Lumberton. 

Raiders-31

Cardinals-17

15 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Isn’t Lumberton using a JV Sophomore as QB? 

He is a sophomore but has been on varsity all season in different roles.  However, he has played exclusively at the QB position since the start of district and has taken almost all of the snaps. He is progressing nicely and has protected the ball well over the last two games. Expecting improvement again this week. 

Yea.  He's an athlete.  Tough kid too. Only gonna get better.  Sux that Bridges got hurt, but having a possible 3 year starter at QB will only benefit team in future.  He needs to go to some QB camps/coaches and develop his passing skills.  Lum runs the ball fairly well at times, but against better teams, need to be more balanced

3 hours ago, Coach #23 said:

Two older brothers tough on him.  LOL  I think both may have been QB's too.  You know they on him..

One of the older brothers was a receiver I think. But his family has money so I’m sure they will get him put into some qb camps. He’ll be good and experienced next year.

1 hour ago, ECBucFan said:

Best advice ever! LR needs to focus ONE game at a time! Good Luck LR!

Amen. The most embarrassing loss of my college career was when this small horrible team from California flew into town. They had already announced the program would be shut down the next year. When I tell you this team was not very good, I'm just being polite. We were prob 30-40 pt favorites. I don't know cuz nobody cared.  So most of our team was either drunk or high the night before the game and we just "showed up" the next day. That was over 25 years ago and I remember it like it was yesterday. The lesson: Never go into anything in life thinking you've already got it won. And be humble or God will humble you!