12-5A II. Playoff Situation

Bigdog

A question for the gurus, if Crosby loses its last two games to Ned and Lee, and SF loses its last two games to Dayton and BH AND Lee wins its last 2 against Vidor and Crosby, leaving them all tied at 3-4 for 4th place, would that give Lee and outside shot at the playoffs on a tiebreaker? I know it's a long shot, but I got bored and was looking at how things could play out. 

5 hours ago, BigNedNOLA said:

A question for the gurus, if Crosby loses its last two games to Ned and Lee, and SF loses its last two games to Dayton and BH AND Lee wins its last 2 against Vidor and Crosby, leaving them all tied at 3-4 for 4th place, would that give Lee and outside shot at the playoffs on a tiebreaker? I know it's a long shot, but I got bored and was looking at how things could play out. 

Good god man how many cups of coffee have you had? Lol. That question made my head spin.

9 hours ago, BigNedNOLA said:

Ok, I am going to try to answer this.   The short a answer is SF has the heads up  wins against Lee  and Crosby already. So with the standings like this:

SF    3-4

Crosby 3-4

Lee 3-4

SF will still go  due to the heads up wins against the other two teams.   Now if   SF had the heads up against Lee and Crosby had the heads up against SF it would get interesting.  I think that is where you start getting into point differentials if the rules haven't changed.   But, that isn't where we are now.  Basically if  Crosby loses to Ned or SF beats Dayton and PNG wins against BH,   Crosby's playoff chances are over.

1 hour ago, bigdog said:

Ok, I am going to try to answer this.   The short a answer is SF has the heads up  wins against Lee  and Crosby already. So with the standings like this:

SF    3-4

Crosby 3-4

Lee 3-4

SF will still go  due to the heads up wins against the other two teams.   Now if   SF had the heads up against Lee and Crosby had the heads up against SF it would get interesting.  I think that is where you start getting into point differentials if the rules haven't changed.   But, that isn't where we are now.  Basically if  Crosby loses to Ned or SF beats Dayton and PNG wins against BH,   Crosby's playoff chances are over.

I can't believe I have resorted to saying this, but

GO BRONCOS !

On 11/1/2018 at 10:15 PM, navydawg31 said:

Barbers Hill is a great ball club you will see Friday but they lost QB1 so they might be different. WOS was a kids first start at QB and still pulled off the win. Anytime you go to WOS and win it’s a quality win. Santa Fe played us tough, very chippy game kinda like what y’all had against them on Friday from what I am hearing, but doesn’t matter we find ways to win. Nederland doesn’t usually ever just flat out blow out teams we run the ball, control the ball and chew up the clock and grind out the teams. Don’t agree to it, but I can’t complain we find ways to win. And we are undefeated. If it’s not broke don’t fix it type of thing. The dogs are young all over field. 

I figured someone would respond . In the end it doesnt matter a win is a win. All im saying is anything can happen on Friday Nights. Im not looking past Barbers Hill at all. They always play us tough no reason for them not to tonight. Ned will have to deal with Crosby tonight. If Crosby runs the ball i think they can have some success. If they get away from that could be bad for them. AS bad as our defense has played. No one in the district has stopped our offense. I dont see Barbers Hill stopping us either. I look for a shootout. If PNG should walk out with the win i would assume they secure a playoff spot. Hard not to look ahead till next week but we have to focus on tonight as it is all about Barbershill tonight!

5 hours ago, bigdog said:

SF    3-4

Crosby 3-4

Lee 3-4

That's right, SF has the head to head against them, figured I missed something lol. That's why I asked the experts :) as always good work bigdog

6 hours ago, badndn said:

Does anyone have scores from Manvel/Willowridge/Marshall district abd who is where in district.

Manvel/willowridge is played today. I’ll be in attendance. Loser of this game will get the number 3 seed likely. And will play number 2 seed in our district. I expect Manvel to win this one. 

56 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Manvel/willowridge is played today. I’ll be in attendance. Loser of this game will get the number 3 seed likely. And will play number 2 seed in our district. I expect Manvel to win this one. 

Marshall already beat Manvel. They should get the 4th seed from our district and Manvel will get 3rd seed. I would be shocked if Marshall doesn't  beet Willowridge by 28+

3 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Sweet we get Marshal or Manvel! Sounds like a first round bye, Eagles by at least 6 TD’s. 

Sounds like the 2015 Crosby team Lumberton drew in round one. That Crosby team was legit. It's a shame they ran into a buzzsaw called Ridgepoint. RP was already running 6A #s and destroyed most teams in the playoffs that year or Crosby might have made a deep run. 

On 10/20/2018 at 11:25 PM, bigdog said:

Updated for Week 10

District      Overall

Nederland.      6-0           9-0

PNG.               5-1           6-3  (Forfeit vs Crosby)

Barbers Hill     4-2           6-3

Santa Fe         4-2           5-4

Crosby            3-3           6-3

Lee                 2-4           4-5

Vidor               0-6           3-6

Dayton            0-6           0-9

(Games remaining:)

Nederland:  ( PNG.) Nederland has clinched a playoff spot. Ned has clinched a share of the DC.  MCM is for all the marbles 

PNG:   ( Ned) What a mess.  Even with the forfeit vs Crosby, PNG can win a share of the DC if they beat Ned or finish 2nd if they lose MCM.  MCM will be huge next week.

Barbers Hill: (Santa Fe.) clinched a playoff spot before the PNG mess, now the could be third or fourth if they lose to SF.  Ned & PNG have the heads up win on them .

Santa Fe:  (  BH.)  They  can get a seed as high as third or finish fourth if they lose to BH. They have clinched a playoff spot. Ned and PNG have the heads up wins vs them.

Crosby:  ( Lee.) Crosby is out of the playoffs.  Ned,BH and SF already have heads up wins vs them and they can’t catch PNG.  

Vidor:  ( Dayton.)  Out of the playoffs.

Baytown Lee:  (Crosby. )  Out of the playoffs.

Dayton:  (Vidor. ) Out of the playoffs.

If PNG wins they go as seed number one in district correct?

2 hours ago, fox said:

the way people talked about the old 21-5a you would of thought they would of dominated this new district........

Just like everything, it goes in cycles. It wasn't too long ago district 22, or 20-4a was struggling to split 2-2 or just not be swept in round 1 by their district.  I remember Crosby putting up Tecmo bowl type numbers on PNG in the playoffs. And the PNG fans warning the Crosby fans about running their mouth too much because things would cycle back around. And 14.2, the most hated Crosby fan, giving us all the statically evidence of why that would NEVER happen. And here we are. Go figure.