12-5A II. Playoff Situation

Bigdog

19 hours ago, pdawg119 said:

11-5AII still has a couple of games tomorrow afternoon, but assuming Houston Northside wins tomorrow against Sharpstown, the standings would be:

1. FB Marshall

2. Manvel/FB Willowridge winner

3. Manvel/FB Willowridge loser

4. Houston Northside, Houston Sterling, or Houston Madison

Manvel and FB Willowridge play next Saturday.

Northside's remaining schedule after tomorrow: at FB Marshall, bye week

Sterling's remaining schedule: bye week, vs FB Willowridge

Madison's remaining schedule: vs Waltrip (tomorrow), at Sharpstown, vs FB Marshall

UPDATE:

11-5AII standings after today are:

1. FB Marshall                 6-0 (8-0)

2. Manvel                        5-1 (6-2)

3. FB Willowridge           5-1 (6-2)

4. Northside                    4-3 (5-4)

5. Sterling                       4-3 (4-5)

6. Waltrip                        2-4 (2-6)

7. Madison                      2-4 (2-6)

8. Milby                           0-6 (1-6)

9. Sharpstown                0-6 (0-7)

Madison is eliminated from playoff contention after today's 41-30 loss to Waltrip. Northside currently holds the head-to-head tiebreaker over Sterling. Key upcoming games in week 10: Manvel at FB Willowridge, Northside at FB Marshall. Week 11: FB Willowridge at Sterling.

Current playoff matchups: MCM winner vs Northside, MCM loser vs Manvel/FB Willowridge loser, BH/Santa Fe winner at Manvel/FB Willowridge winner, BH/Santa Fe loser at FB Marshall.

12 hours ago, indianforever said:

PNG goes four rds at least this year

Correction: PN-G goes all six rounds, but is disqualified from the state championship the day before because way back in the second round, Coach Faircloth accidentally brought his cell phone into the stadium and put it in his locker six hours before the game started and Barbers Hill found out somehow, causing PN-G to forfeit all of its playoff wins from then on.

12 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

Correction: PN-G goes all six rounds, but is disqualified from the state championship the day before because way back in the second round, Coach Faircloth accidentally brought his cell phone into the stadium and put it in his locker six hours before the game started and Barbers Hill found out somehow, causing PN-G to forfeit all of its playoff wins from then on.

So you are implying the hill will win a play off game? Interesting... lol 

1 hour ago, badndn said:

That defense just gave up 7 points and just over 200 yards to one of the better offenses in the district. And did it without an ipad, but I here they did use a stone tablet and chisel set in the booth. 

And gave up 32 and 37 to two of the bottom teams in the district.  

3 hours ago, badndn said:

That defense just gave up 7 points and just over 200 yards to one of the better offenses in the district. And did it without an ipad, but I here they did use a stone tablet and chisel set in the booth. 

This is the quote I was responding to:  "PNG goes four rds at least this year".  In which I said:  "Not with that defense!"

3 hours ago, PN-G bamatex said:

That's what happens when you have a coach that cheats.  (Grin)

32 minutes ago, bigdog said:

So that’s the excuse for the poor defense the last three or four years?

There is no excuse for our defense the last 3 or four years. But there is one for our offense. I keep hearing how good neds defense is this year not that they are or have been bad. But Nederland has squeeked by a few teams this year.  SANTE FE just give up late in the fourth qt, Barbers Hill was a play or two from a Win, WOS by a point. So as i see it anything can happen on Friday Nights. This District proved to be very competitive this year and the scenarios are just as crazy so far. Should be a lil clearer after this Friday Night. 

26 minutes ago, biaplayer said:

There is no excuse for our defense the last 3 or four years. But there is one for our offense. I keep hearing how good neds defense is this year not that they are or have been bad. But Nederland has squeeked by a few teams this year.  SANTE FE just give up late in the fourth qt, Barbers Hill was a play or two from a Win, WOS by a point. So as i see it anything can happen on Friday Nights. This District proved to be very competitive this year and the scenarios are just as crazy so far. Should be a lil clearer after this Friday Night. 

Barbers Hill is a great ball club you will see Friday but they lost QB1 so they might be different. WOS was a kids first start at QB and still pulled off the win. Anytime you go to WOS and win it’s a quality win. Santa Fe played us tough, very chippy game kinda like what y’all had against them on Friday from what I am hearing, but doesn’t matter we find ways to win. Nederland doesn’t usually ever just flat out blow out teams we run the ball, control the ball and chew up the clock and grind out the teams. Don’t agree to it, but I can’t complain we find ways to win. And we are undefeated. If it’s not broke don’t fix it type of thing. The dogs are young all over field. 

On October 20, 2018 at 11:25 PM, bigdog said:

Updated for Week 9

District      Overall

Nederland.      5-0           8-0

PNG.               4-1           5-3  (Forfeit vs Crosby)

Barbers Hill     4-1           6-2

Santa Fe         3-2           4-4

Crosby            3-2           6-2

Lee                 1-4           3-5

Vidor               0-5           3-5

Dayton            0-5           0-8

(Games remaining:)

Nederland:  (Crosby, PNG.) Nederland has clinched a playoff spot. Ned will clinch a share of the DC with a win vs Crosby and PNG beats BH.

PNG:   (BH, Ned) What a mess.  Even with the forfeit vs Crosby, PNG can win a DC if Ned loses to Crosby and PNG wins MCM or finish 3rd if they lose the next two games.  MCM will be huge depending on what happens the next 2 weeks.  They have clinched a playoff spot.

Barbers Hill: (PNG, Santa Fe.) clinched a playoff spot before the PNG mess, now the could miss the playoffs if they lose out. They still have an outside chance at the DC if they win the next two games and Ned loses out. Ned has the heads up win on them .

Santa Fe:  ( Dayton, BH.)  They can miss the playoffs or can get a seed as high as third. If they beat Dayton next week and Crosby loses to Ned they will clinch and eliminate Crosby. Ned and PNG have the heads up wins vs them.

Crosby:  (Ned, Lee.) Crosby has a better chance at the playoffs after the forfeit.  BH and SF already have heads up wins vs them.  Santa Fe would have to lose out and Crosby would have to win out. 

Vidor:  ( Lee, Dayton.)  Out of the playoffs.

Baytown Lee:  (Vidor,Crosby. )  Out of the playoffs.

Dayton:  (SF and Vidor. ) Out of the playoffs.

I don't think PNG has secured a playoff spot yet. They could finish in 5th if they don't win at least one of remaining 2 games, if Crosby and Sante Fe win out