12-5A II. Playoff Situation

Bigdog

Updated for Week 10

The teams are set,  just playing for seeding.

District      Overall

* Nederland.      6-0           9-0

* PNG                5-1           6-3  (Forfeit vs Crosby)

* Barbers Hill     4-2           6-3

* Santa Fe             4-2             5-4

Crosby              3-3           6-3

Lee                    2-4           4-5

Vidor                     0-6              3-6

Dayton              0-6           0-9

(Games remaining:)

Nederland:  ( PNG.) Nederland has clinched a playoff spot. Ned has clinched a share of the DC.  MCM is for all the marbles 

PNG:   ( Ned) What a mess.  Even with the forfeit vs Crosby, PNG can win a share of the DC if they beat Ned or finish 2nd if they lose MCM.  MCM will be huge next week.

Barbers Hill: (Santa Fe.) clinched a playoff spot before the PNG mess, now the could be third or fourth if they lose to SF.  Ned & PNG have the heads up win on them .

Santa Fe:  (  BH.)  They  can get a seed as high as third or finish fourth if they lose to BH. They have clinched a playoff spot. Ned and PNG have the heads up wins vs them.

Crosby:  ( Lee.) Crosby is out of the playoffs.  Ned,BH and SF already have heads up wins vs them and they can’t catch PNG.  

Vidor:  ( Dayton.)  Out of the playoffs.

Baytown Lee:  (Crosby. )  Out of the playoffs.

Dayton:  (Vidor. ) Out of the playoffs.

• Bigdog featured this topic
8 hours ago, bigdog said:

So since it’s getting to week 8 already I thought I would start the playoffs setup as of now.

District      Overall

Nederland.      4-0.          7-0

PNG.               4-0.          5-2

Santa Fe         3-1           4-3  

Barbers Hill     3-1           5-2

Crosby            2-2           5-2

Vidor               0-4           3-4

Lee                  0-4.         2-5

Dayton            0-4          0-7

Games remaining:

Nederland:  Vidor,Crosby, PNG. Nederland can clinch a playoff spot with 2 more wins. DC race needs a couple of more weeks but might become clearer next week.

PNG:   Santa Fe, BH, Ned. Basically the same situation as Nederland right now,  

Santa Fe:  PNG, Dayton, BH.  Nothing set in stone yet for them,  they could possibly miss the playoffs or win a share of the DC or win it outright. Ned has the heads up win vs them.

Barbers Hill: Crosby, PNG, Santa Fe.  Same as SF,  but they have three big games instead of 2 coming up. Ned has the heads up win on them as well.

Crosby:  BH,Ned, Lee. Crosby is in a bit of a jam after this week but is still in the running for the fourth spot and could finish as high as third.  PNG and SF already have heads up wins vs them.

Vidor: Ned,Lee, Dayton.  The Pirates are for all intents and purposes out of the playoffs as four of the five teams ahead them have beat them.

Baytown Lee: Dayton,Vidor,Crosby.   Out of the playoffs.

Dayton:  Lee,SF and Vidor.  Out of the playoffs.

Looks like 5 wins minimum will be needed.  Crosby has two win out or have Barber's Hill loss the next 3 and Crosby only lose one while winning the head to head with BH.   BH remaining 3 is going to be rough but so far they have been playing tight games every week.  What a great district race this one has set up to be.  

Gotta love MCM for the DC.  MCM will be one spoken about for a quite a while..especially if both can fight to 6-0 before the match-up.  Think I might come watch it myself.  

8 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Last year on FB people sold General Admission tickets for 30-60$ a ticket. One guy said he paid 100$ for 3 reserved seats.... welcome to MCM. 

That’s ridiculous. But is guess if you want to go to the game bad enough...

4 minutes ago, bigdog said:

That’s ridiculous. But is guess if you want to go to the game bad enough...

I would pay that much if I didn’t have reserve seats to see my son or daughter perform. I understand some people reason to pay that much... it’s a shame it’s that much tho and people out to make a quick buck 

6 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

I would pay that much if I didn’t have reserve seats to see my son or daughter perform. I understand some people reason to pay that much... it’s a shame it’s that much tho and people out to make a quick buck 

Yeah if you have a child participating I get it.  Your right about the scalpers.

• Bigdog pinned this topic
On 10/21/2018 at 0:39 AM, navydawg31 said:

Last year on FB people sold General Admission tickets for 30-60$ a ticket. One guy said he paid 100$ for 3 reserved seats.... welcome to MCM. 

I offered this guy last year. $40 for 1. He would've done it if his wife wasn't right there. She said it was for a friend of there's. Lol, I think I would've wore him down if the mrs wasn't there. 

22 hours ago, fox said:

i guess the old 21-5a teams were not as strong as everybody made them out to be

Well if you only go by record alone, I would say yes, thus far.  However, PNG beat Crosby by 3 and   took all 4 quarters to beat lowly Dayton.  Nederland never had a lead in the game with mediocre BH until the last play of the game.  I think this district is really evenly matched with each other, pretty much top to bottom, at least more so than the 2 older districts were individually.  

1 hour ago, Eagle82 said:

Well if you only go by record alone, I would say yes, thus far.  However, PNG beat Crosby by 3 and   took all 4 quarters to beat lowly Dayton.  Nederland never had a lead in the game with mediocre BH until the last play of the game.  I think this district is really evenly matched with each other, pretty much top to bottom, at least more so than the 2 older districts were individually.  

I believe they are even matched, and I wouldn’t call BH mediocre... they are in the thick of things for a possible number 2 seed... or a share of district championship... so I wouldnt call them mediocre. 

Come Friday night at 11pm we will know where things stand a lot more clearer... hard to say with 3 games left. 

3 hours ago, Eagle82 said:

Very evenly matched. In the old district there was clearly weaker teams and then you get to the meat of your schedule. Seems like the whole schedule is meat..lol

I agree with the "more evenly matched" position. Looking at it from the PNG perspective: In the old district, we had (give or take the year) Livingston, Lumberton, Baytown Lee, Goose Creek Memorial, and Ozen. These tended to be predictable wins, most years, for PNG. When LCM was in the district, we ALMOST always beat them. Livingston, Lumberton, and Ozen were barely big enough to even be in our district, and are now in the lower classification. Throw in Vidor being a win for PNG in the vast majority of our matchups, and we end up with most district games in the old district being relatively easy wins for PNG.

Some years it was different. Livingston took us to the woodshed in 2011. Vidor got us in 2012. So I'm not saying every year was the same, or that these teams were pushovers. I'm just saying PNG tended to take care of business against most teams in our district, and the scores were often quite lopsided. Then we'd get to the playoffs get hit in the mouth.

In recent years, the mostly respectable teams in our district were Central, Nederland, and PNG, and those teams were more or less guaranteed to make the playoffs. The two years Memorial was in the district were great years, in my opinion, because it increased the competition so much. We no longer had to wait until the playoffs to face playoff competition. Memorial made us better.

Now the district has so much parity. It's a good thing. Yeah, PNG has had to play close games, and we've given up so many points. But the district isn't a cakewalk anymore. Instead of having four-to-five opponents being predictable wins for PNG, none of the games are. It makes it tough for teams to make the playoffs and that meat grinder will help us in the playoffs. Prediction: District 12-5a II will represent well in the playoffs. We're going to have some deep runs out of this district. 

10 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

I believe they are even matched, and I wouldn’t call BH mediocre... they are in the thick of things for a possible number 2 seed... or a share of district championship... so I wouldnt call them mediocre. 

Come Friday night at 11pm we will know where things stand a lot more clearer... hard to say with 3 games left. 

Well...I was really trying not to be a Homer with respect to BH.  Honestly, I would say BH is on the upper side of mediocre.  Until they eliminate these two or three good-drive-ending, big penalties a game, deep in the opponent’s territory; forcing the throws in the end zone resulting in interceptions, and these blasted unsportsmanlike penalties when we stop opponents on 3rd and long or these 4th down attempts; we’ll continue to be upper mediocre!  Just my opinion though!  I’ve bled Royal Blue / White for nearly 55 years and personally, I love this new district alignment - A LOT!