Channelview 14 Beaumont United 26/FINAL

Alpha Wolf

The Falcons come in at 3-3 overall with a district mark of 2-1.

The Timberwolves come in at 1-5 overall with a district mark of 1-2.

Falcons in blue pants, white jerseys and blue helmets.

Timberwolves first time this year in the maroon pants, maroon jerseys and maroon helmets.

Timberwolves homecoming as well...

13 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Good win.

If I must say....it was a "Bad" win. 

The offense still looks really bad. And it doesn't seem like it will get any better because the only glimmer of hope that helped us move the ball went down with a gruesome injury and might miss some extended time.......... the defense was pretty solid aside for some bonehead penalties and dropped interceptions. But the story of tonight was the coaching. The coaching tonight was very very poor and it almost cost the t-wolves the game. Instead of keeping your foot on the gas when you have the Falcons down. You get conservative and start calling bad plays.... so instead of getting a comfortable win. You end up clinging on for dear life cuz Channelview had multiple chances to make it a one-possession game down the stretch because of the T wolves incompetence on offense due to play calling and execution. Yes it was a win but T Wolves still don't look like a good team

17 minutes ago, JagMarine95 said:

If I must say....it was a "Bad" win. 

The offense still looks really bad. And it doesn't seem like it will get any better because the only glimmer of hope that helped us move the ball went down with a gruesome injury and might miss some extended time.......... the defense was pretty solid aside for some bonehead penalties and dropped interceptions. But the story of tonight was the coaching. The coaching tonight was very very poor and it almost cost the t-wolves the game. Instead of keeping your foot on the gas when you have the Falcons down. You get conservative and start calling bad plays.... so instead of getting a comfortable win. You end up clinging on for dear life cuz Channelview had multiple chances to make it a one-possession game down the stretch because of the T wolves incompetence on offense due to play calling and execution. Yes it was a win but T Wolves still don't look like a good team

Ain't crap changed from the previous weeks.  

All I will say is as ugly as this win was tonight and as bad of an inaugural season it has been for the kids, coaches, fans and communities that merged, the Timberwolves control their own destiny when it comes to the playoffs at this point.  A win over LaPorte next week and a win over Deer Park in the last game of the year and the Wolves will make the playoffs.  I think just making the playoffs for United would go a long way for the school and community...

1 hour ago, Alpha Wolf said:

All I will say is as ugly as this win was tonight and as bad of an inaugural season it has been for the kids, coaches, fans and communities that merged, the Timberwolves control their own destiny when it comes to the playoffs at this point.  A win over LaPorte next week and a win over Deer Park in the last game of the year and the Wolves will make the playoffs.  I think just making the playoffs for United would go a long way for the school and community...

I share these exact sentiments...

United played good enough to win here.  Left several TD's on the field.  Score should've been in the 40's. But at this point, you'll just take the wins.  For a team under .500 fighting for a playoff spot, it was somewhat impressive in the fact that United did hold this team to 14 points, the same team that scored 21 on West Brook. The offense definitely needs to keep going with things that work (playaction TD pass) vs things that DIDNT work (runs up the middle with 9 men in the box).  Run blocking was bad,  it was able to outathlete Chanelview.  Now the big loss is the RB #28 I believe.  Kid ran are all night and got a dirty tackle on a horse collar tackle and bend him backwards really bad.  My prayers sent out.  

All I have to say is they better beat LaPorte and Deer Park and get in the playoffs.  Expectations are high with this HC so anything less than a playoff spot is a failure.  

Nice sitting with Mr. And Mrs. Alpha Wolf and JagMarine95 !