Newton 65 Hemphill 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

Newton is playing without #8.. He ran down breakaway runners at ease and could elevate to defend or catch a pass. Newton has played pass teams. That ref was pulling for Newton to lose by his non calls and calls against Newton from what I witnessed against Hemphill.  What other 3A D2 teams have played the schedule Newton has played. Newton will be ready when it counts. They are trying different formations and personell.  That ref should come watch the celebration @ AT&T in Dec. SMH..

Actually the defensive backs done pretty well most of the night. Particularly the sofomore Nate Williams. The problem I saw was that they attacked the football instead of playing their position and trusting the other players assignments. They got burned by Hemphill quarterback several times once for a 67 yard touchdown  run. They also missed having Tamauzia Brown in the defensive backfield.  I'm as big a Newton fan as there is. But they need to play discipline football. Play all 4 quarters and don't think they can't be beat by a good team. I'll never forget the look on the head coach og Gunter face in the kast few minutes of the game last year. Disbelief!!!! On any given night you can be beaten.  All it takes is a few plays, blown assignments or failure to prepare.  I'm certain Newton's coaching staff is on it. I hope so.

All the Newton players got to play. The field was soggy and hard to run and cut on. Hard to get up for a team that you beat year in and year out with ease.  As for Gunter , I think we will see them at AT&T. We will probably see Paul Prewitt in the first round, hopefully at Carthage (just a wild guess).

On 10/20/2018 at 0:10 PM, Cactus said:

Newton is playing without #8.. He ran down breakaway runners at ease and could elevate to defend or catch a pass. Newton has played pass teams. That ref was pulling for Newton to lose by his non calls and calls against Newton from what I witnessed against Hemphill.  What other 3A D2 teams have played the schedule Newton has played. Newton will be ready when it counts. They are trying different formations and personell.  That ref should come watch the celebration @ AT&T in Dec. SMH..

Newton only unbeaten left in region 3 and 4 , really no competition until state .. Waskom maybe ,  combine score last two years the 2 teams meet in 3rd round 111-6   66-0,45-6. 

On 10/22/2018 at 1:46 AM, Back2swag said:

Newton only unbeaten left in region 3 and 4 , really no competition until state .. Waskom maybe ,  combine score last two years the 2 teams meet in 3rd round 111-6   66-0,45-6. 

I don't think anyone else in Region 3 can compete with Newton's speed or skill level either. There are very competitive teams coming out of District 11. District 10 has Harmony, bunch of big boys. Don't think they can hang with skill and speed. District 9 has Cooper leading the way now. From my limited video Ive seen, I dont think they will be a threat. Looking forward to the playoffs.  Region 1 and 2 honestly seems to have some really good teams and are very competitive.