Newton 65 Hemphill 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

The Newton Eagles continue District 12-3A-II play as they travel to Sabine County to take on the Hemphill Hornets.  W.T. Johnston's Eagles, 5-0 on the season and 1-0 in district, opened up district play last week with a 70-0 win over Kountze.  Meanwhile, the Hornets, 2-4 on the season and 0-1 in district, dropped their district opener to Anderson-Shiro, 6-0.

Join Bobby Fillyaw, Donnie Meek and Jon Meek for all of the action from Hornet Stadium in Hemphill by clicking on the follow link:

This is the hidden content, please

Follow Newton Eagle Football on Your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas, SETXsports.com!

2 hours ago, Amphibious Rodent said:

Newton needs to work on quarterback play. Bad decisions.  They can't make bad decisions like that against a good team. Sure they blew Hemphill out, but it was Hemphill. Call it, like I see it. 

Not a normal Newton night for sure.

Though when they use the sophomore quarterback they do very well. Using Fozter as a receiver or back. Gives them more options and the sophomore playe well. Im certain they will continue using that option a lot during district play, due to the fact that there shouldn't really be any significant challenges.  The kid will only get better. They also used a lot of other young players and they played very well.  That being said Newton will contend next year as they always do. But Foster cant be making those bad decisions.  I thought he made a few l.j ast weak as well but they worked out in his favor. But all in all, with the play of the non  starters being so well. I actually think Newton has a better team than I originally believed they would.even better than the number one team in the Nation. (NEWTON) Very impressed by their depth that they are not supposed to have.

1 hour ago, SAWolfman said:

Had a ref tell me last night that has worked a few Newton games that if teams would pass on em they can beat em.  That same crew is working the newton game next week apparently!

i wish someone would pass on Newton, there DB are feeling neglected. you know when you pass the ball, while the ball is in the air it is anybodies ball and i like our chances. Gilmer is a pretty good passing team and we won . i don't think there are  any 3 A schools that are better passing teams than Gilmer. JMO