Silsbee 42 Hardin-Jefferson 21/FINAL

WOSgrad

26 penalties tonight (14 Silsbee, 12 HJ) nether team could get into the flow of the game. The refs will have to go home and ice down their shoulders. Very nit-picky on the flags tonight. Both teams jaw-jacking back and fourth and the refs where up for the challenge, throwing mutable flags on both teams for running their mouths. The one thing that has hindered Silsbee all year is penalties and fumbles. Late in the year to be loosing focus, two maybe three TD called back for Silsbee for penalties. An ugly win and a W is good. On to the next game.

14 hours ago, STiger85 said:

26 penalties tonight (14 Silsbee, 12 HJ) nether team could get into the flow of the game. The refs will have to go home and ice down their shoulders. Very nit-picky on the flags tonight. Both teams jaw-jacking back and fourth and the refs where up for the challenge, throwing mutable flags on both teams for running their mouths. The one thing that has hindered Silsbee all year is penalties and fumbles. Late in the year to be loosing focus, two maybe three TD called back for Silsbee for penalties. An ugly win and a W is good. On to the next game.

I have had several folk tell me that officiating crew "over did" their job last night.

I got there with about 4 minutes left in game. On the last kick off of the game right after Silsbee's pic 6, I saw a player from Silsbee make a nice hit on an HJ player. Silsbee player got up, never once looking at the HJ player, made two claps with his hands as he was jogging back to sideline and a ref from the HJ sideline threw a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct. I was standing on the HJ sideline and looked at one of the other officials and he just shrugged his shoulders.

If that was how that crew called the game, glad I wasn't there for entire game.

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I have had several folk tell me that officiating crew "over did" their job last night.

I got there with about 4 minutes left in game. On the last kick off of the game right after Silsbee's pic 6, I saw a player from Silsbee make a nice hit on an HJ player. Silsbee player got up, never once looking at the HJ player, made two claps with his hands as he was jogging back to sideline and a ref from the HJ sideline threw a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct. I was standing on the HJ sideline and looked at one of the other officials and he just shrugged his shoulders.

If that was how that crew called the game, glad I wasn't there for entire game.

Had at least a couple series where there were 2 or 3 fakse starts in a row where it took forever to actually get a play ran.