Season Starts Today

Today is the day where it all begins! Looking forward to watching all the girls in the area compete for that playoff spot and that chance to make it to San Antonio! Good luck to all the coaches, players and teams this year! I pray all the girls remain healthy and compete hard day in and day out! I will be on the board a lot this season so hopefully we can get a lot of interest and a lot of good fun talk on here!

Good luck to all!   Would be great to see more post from coaches, parents, and fans on this forum.....(it's so hard to get information on girls basketball)  Won't be able to get much done till volleyball wraps up their season but we are hoping to build on last year and make a little noise for our girls program this year!  

Have lurked on the SETX site for years, only recently got an ID. I think girls basketball has always been a little under the radar in terms of posts, but agree more support is a good thing. There are going to be some interesting story lines and some pretty good basketball played this year imo.

HJ will be a force as y'all have stated, and should be a much watch game for people at some point during the season. United should be really stout as well.

To mess with One Chance a little (since he will be able to quickly figure out who I am (lol)). In spite of his earlier post about Lumberton having nothing and lost everything, the program isn't putting plywood over the doors to the gym just yet. As Raider24 stated in another post, they will be young but scrappy. Should be a great year. Good luck to all the young ladies in the area and I hope for health and success for all.

20 hours ago, OneChance said:

Today is the day where it all begins! Looking forward to watching all the girls in the area compete for that playoff spot and that chance to make it to San Antonio! Good luck to all the coaches, players and teams this year! I pray all the girls remain healthy and compete hard day in and day out! I will be on the board a lot this season so hopefully we can get a lot of interest and a lot of good fun talk on here!

Dido, I will be focusing on and covering the United girls program.

15 hours ago, Mean Machine said:

Have lurked on the SETX site for years, only recently got an ID. I think girls basketball has always been a little under the radar in terms of posts, but agree more support is a good thing. There are going to be some interesting story lines and some pretty good basketball played this year imo.

HJ will be a force as y'all have stated, and should be a much watch game for people at some point during the season. United should be really stout as well.

To mess with One Chance a little (since he will be able to quickly figure out who I am (lol)). In spite of his earlier post about Lumberton having nothing and lost everything, the program isn't putting plywood over the doors to the gym just yet. As Raider24 stated in another post, they will be young but scrappy. Should be a great year. Good luck to all the young ladies in the area and I hope for health and success for all.

I can't believe these 2 programs couldn't get a game worked out for whatever reason.  They don't even play in any of the same tournaments to have a possible chance of playing each other.

19 hours ago, Coach.Shu said:

Good luck to all!   Would be great to see more post from coaches, parents, and fans on this forum.....(it's so hard to get information on girls basketball)  Won't be able to get much done till volleyball wraps up their season but we are hoping to build on last year and make a little noise for our girls program this year!  

Something on that, why is it so hard for the girls volleyball and girls basketball schedules/results to be updated and kept up with on here?  Football and boys basketball are kept up and I understand they generate more traffic.  All "The Warden" has to do is grant a few people that keep up with the various programs, the access to update the information.  I have access to my schools Maxpreps page but can't update information for them on here...

25 minutes ago, OneChance said:

The volleyball board is really sad this season, there are absolutely no updates. I’m going to put up a different district everyday for the next week.

I was sending in United's results to someone on here regardless if we won or lost but you can see how that went.