CROSBY FOOTBALL/ATHLETICS

KF89

This is old news, but everyone over here just kept it quite out of respect for Crosby. Have several friends that lost jobs in this thing. What makes it look bad is all of the nice buildings and facilities that were built. Now you got folks out of jobs and kids wondering who their coach will be. Prayers to the Coogs

19 hours ago, CoogGuy said:

I really think this needs to be shutdown before it even gets started.

It is athletic related, so  in my opinion it is on the right board.  As long as this thread stays within the rules it can stay.  This  information is all public domain as the local newspapers have picked it up.

1 hour ago, Tigers2010 said:

How in the world did the Girls Basketball Coach not make the cut? They went to State like 2 years ago and the Regional Final last year. That is crazy.

probably had to do with what he was teaching. if it was an non essential elective they probably got rid of it but I don't know for sure. 

7 minutes ago, Loyal Ranger said:

probably had to do with what he was teaching. if it was an non essential elective they probably got rid of it but I don't know for sure. 

Makes sense. I would find it difficult to believe that the Head Baseball Coach teaches a CORE subject though. I am with you. Just curious. If I had a daughter on that team i'd be pissed. Shows how little they care about girls basketball.

4 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Makes sense. I would find it difficult to believe that the Head Baseball Coach teaches a CORE subject though. I am with you. Just curious. If I had a daughter on that team i'd be pissed. Shows how little they care about girls basketball.

Or, could be that you don’t know the reason or agreement why SHE was let go and you are just speculating.

7 minutes ago, CCRed said:

Or, could be that you don’t know the reason or agreement why SHE was let go and you are just speculating.

Yup, that's what I would call it. That happens a lot on a public forum. People speculate. You speculate every time you post on a game that hasn't been played yet. I found it odd a coach with that pedigree was not being retained. That is a fairly reasonable thing to speculate about.

That’s a messed up situation.... school board elections matter. 

Some people believe that any school related expenditure is a glowing “investment  in our future” and above even being questioned. Well... this is what you end up with. You really can’t have it “all.”

It also sounds like they had some really inept administrators pulling the levers over there, too. 

Up to a 129 employees, early retirement or just let go.  No job you’re in is ever safe so when a teacher or coach leaves for greener pastures I can’t ever hate.  I did find out though through all of this that Crosby WAS one of the highest paid starting jobs in the greater Houston area for teachers. Can I get a whoop whoop?

So just curious. Not that it will happen. But IF the state were to come in and take over and shut Crosby isd down like they did LaMarque. What school district do you think they would be put in? Houston isd or Sheldon isd? I really pray the ones that were layed off find new employment quickly. And Crosbys new superintendent can dig them out of this mess. 

8 minutes ago, Octfeb said:

So just curious. Not that it will happen. But IF the state were to come in and take over and shut Crosby isd down like they did LaMarque. What school district do you think they would be put in? Houston isd or Sheldon isd? I really pray the ones that were layed off find new employment quickly. And Crosbys new superintendent can dig them out of this mess. 

Humble ISD. 

8 hours ago, CougarCal said:

Up to a 129 employees, early retirement or just let go.  No job you’re in is ever safe so when a teacher or coach leaves for greener pastures I can’t ever hate.  I did find out though through all of this that Crosby WAS one of the highest paid starting jobs in the greater Houston area for teachers. Can I get a whoop whoop?

According to the Houston Chronicle Crosby I.S.D also charges some of the highest tax rates allowable under Texas Law. Legally, the district cannot raise its general fund property taxes any higher. Whoop Whoop!

1 hour ago, Realville said:

According to the Houston Chronicle Crosby I.S.D also charges some of the highest tax rates allowable under Texas Law. Legally, the district cannot raise its general fund property taxes any higher. Whoop Whoop!

The final number was way more than 129 with early retirements and personnel let go.  

19 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

The head baseball coach does teach a CORE subject and has been there since 2009

50 minutes ago, hitman009 said:

The head baseball coach does teach a CORE subject and has been there since 2009

Generally that is in the case , at least for most districts.   The only coach that doesn't usually teach a class as well is the AD/Head Coach.  Most of the others have to teach.