Liberty 38 Hamshire-Fannett 35/FINAL

glassjoe

13 hours ago, GUNHO said:

H-F leads the district in scoring and Liberty has only given up 66 points in 6 games.Which is for real????

This will make the game interesting, as well as the fact that unless either team can fire a shot at WOS or Silsbee, the loser will likely see Jasper in round 1.  

It is amazing to me what can happen with some personnel change. Same group of kids as last year minus seniors and they are firing on all cylinders. Wonder HOWE it would have went down if staff that is there now was there for that group of seniors last year. My guess is that H-F has a totally different year. 

I think this will be a good game and if the Horns can put it all together they WILL come out on top no doubt!!!

1 hour ago, SkeeterBronson said:

It is amazing to me what can happen with some personnel change. Same group of kids as last year minus seniors and they are firing on all cylinders. Wonder HOWE it would have went down if staff that is there now was there for that group of seniors last year. My guess is that H-F has a totally different year. 

I think this will be a good game and if the Horns can put it all together they WILL come out on top no doubt!!!

I like the HOWE question.  Ha.  Coach Waggoner and crew are doing an outstanding job with the H-F program.  It appears the kids are buying in.  The Longhorns play with a lot of emotion and discipline.  Liberty is a tall task but the horns will be ready for the challenge. 

HF has struggled in the passing game; QB is having trouble with accuracy but definitely has the arm. We have to get the passing game going otherwise Liberty will try to make us one dimensional and that is not good. Going to be a good game as this is only our second home game and HF fans will pack the stands, I expect a loud and spirited environment. With that said:

Horns - 17

Panthers - 14

8 hours ago, HORNSFAN86 said:

HF has struggled in the passing game; QB is having trouble with accuracy but definitely has the arm. We have to get the passing game going otherwise Liberty will try to make us one dimensional and that is not good. Going to be a good game as this is only our second home game and HF fans will pack the stands, I expect a loud and spirited environment. With that said:

Horns - 17

Panthers - 14

Strange.  I've seen the H-F QB this summer and he was throwing some nice passes and has a really good and athletic receiver to throw to.  Are those kids balling out?

20 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Strange.  I've seen the H-F QB this summer and he was throwing some nice passes and has a really good and athletic receiver to throw to.  Are those kids balling out?

I'm no coach but to me it seems, he just needs to work on his mechanics, setting his feet, squaring his shoulders to throw...  things like that. It's one thing to pass in practice where you know they aren't going to hit you, as opposed to Friday night where everything but the kitchen sink is getting thrown at you.  

1 hour ago, HORNSFAN86 said:

I'm no coach but to me it seems, he just needs to work on his mechanics, setting his feet, squaring his shoulders to throw...  things like that. It's one thing to pass in practice where you know they aren't going to hit you, as opposed to Friday night where everything but the kitchen sink is getting thrown at you.  

Yea, true.  When you're running for your life, things are different....