South Florida Bulls

Cincinnati Bearcats

Iowa Hawkeyes

Washington State Cougars

Stanford Cardinal

Colorado Buffaloes

19 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

They will still need people to lose. 

Yeah, Notre Dame for sure, probably LSU, and Michigan. Probably Georgia as well in an SEC Championship. I think my mind would be blown if they win out though. At this point, they are probably the favorite in every game. West Virginia will be tough. 

27 minutes ago, UTfanatic said:

I would rather not win out and play the Aggies in the Music City Bowl!

lmao

When you beat OU, it means something! 

When you beat Aggies, it’s just another win.

Very true.   We have a chance.   Unlike the zero chance aggy that year they got excited in September/October.  

Plus committee will try to find a way to sneak TEXAS in, not keep us out like they would with little sister.  

4 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

Yeah, Notre Dame for sure, probably LSU, and Michigan. Probably Georgia as well in an SEC Championship. I think my mind would be blown if they win out though. At this point, they are probably the favorite in every game. West Virginia will be tough. 

LSU and GA would have to beat Bama to win out.  Michigan would have to beat tOSU to win out, and, assuming a close game and both of those two win every other game, I wouldn’t have a problem really with both getting in.  

The biggest hurdle would be us winning out which seems like a huge long shot.  Plus we have the worst loss imaginable.  If OU beat us in a rematch, they have a better case because their loss to us is so much better than our loss to the turtles.  

38 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

LSU and GA would have to beat Bama to win out.  Michigan would have to beat tOSU to win out, and, assuming a close game and both of those two win every other game, I wouldn’t have a problem really with both getting in.  

The biggest hurdle would be us winning out which seems like a huge long shot.  Plus we have the worst loss imaginable.  If OU beat us in a rematch, they have a better case because their loss to us is so much better than our loss to the turtles.  

Looking ahead to next year, if LSU finishes at 4th and in the cfp and UT is at #5, that's gonna make for an incredibly intriguing matchup.

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

Just win.  The rest will take care of itself

The A&M v Texas bowl game is also still a possibility.  It will be tougher this year though since the Cotton Bowl is a CFP semifinal.  

Other chances

Sugar- It will be tough for A&M to get there without help   

Liberty and Texas Bowl are probably too far down the line 

I’m looking forward to the Bama-LSU matchup.  Hopefully the awful CBS Vern and Gary won’t have this as an afternoon game.  BR at night is a different animal and would likely be Bama’s biggest year of the season.   Not sure what happened in Gainesville because I saw none of that game but still think LSU is the probably the second best team I’ve seen this year.  Ohio St has looked the part at times and may be more talented but I still think LSU in Tiger stadium is the best chance we have at seeing this Bama team go down.  Which means the Tide may only win in the 14-21 pt range...

Bama is obviously in a class by themselves.  I would put tOSU and Notre Dame in the next category and obviously are shoe ins if they win out.  They would improve the playoffs because they have both looked elite to me at times this season.  Clemson is not very good imo and the ACC is dreadful this season.  If they win out, obviously they are in and probably should be due to some “credit” they’ve built in recent years.  Of the one loss teams, LSU and Georgia have looked the best to me from what I’ve seen on a weekly basis.   The rest of them, Michigan, OU, Texas, Florida, Oregon, WVU etc have been wildly inconsistent are interchangeable if you matched them up.   There are a lot of 2 loss teams that you could easily put in that group in terms of quality of team, including *gasp* aggy.  

24 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Bosa quits to prepare for the draft.  I hate this for college sports, but I have a feeling we may start seeing it more.  

This is the hidden content, please

I think the whole "student athlete" gimmick has run its course. Just let them play and stop pretending that the majority of them are there to go to school.

18 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I’m looking forward to the Bama-LSU matchup.  Hopefully the awful CBS Vern and Gary won’t have this as an afternoon game.  BR at night is a different animal and would likely be Bama’s biggest year of the season.   Not sure what happened in Gainesville because I saw none of that game but still think LSU is the probably the second best team I’ve seen this year.  Ohio St has looked the part at times and may be more talented but I still think LSU in Tiger stadium is the best chance we have at seeing this Bama team go down.  Which means the Tide may only win in the 14-21 pt range...

I generally agree that LSU is our toughest regular season match-up. But I'm not going to call that a 2-3 possession win. That's a game we may win by a field goal or less.

If LSU plays against us the way they played Georgia and Miami, I'm legitimately scared. If it's a night game, I'm terrified.

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

Bosa quits to prepare for the draft.  I hate this for college sports, but I have a feeling we may start seeing it more.  

This is the hidden content, please

He recovering from surgery, and from what I read earlier, he was unlikely to to play again this season. No reason for him to rush back, he will be a first round pick if healthy.

On 10/15/2018 at 5:28 PM, TxHoops said:

Bama is obviously in a class by themselves.  I would put tOSU and Notre Dame in the next category and obviously are shoe ins if they win out.  They would improve the playoffs because they have both looked elite to me at times this season.  Clemson is not very good imo and the ACC is dreadful this season.  If they win out, obviously they are in and probably should be due to some “credit” they’ve built in recent years.  Of the one loss teams, LSU and Georgia have looked the best to me from what I’ve seen on a weekly basis.   The rest of them, Michigan, OU, Texas, Florida, Oregon, WVU etc have been wildly inconsistent are interchangeable if you matched them up.   There are a lot of 2 loss teams that you could easily put in that group in terms of quality of team, including *gasp* aggy.  

Texas controls it own destiny! 

This ain’t last year