Hardin at Orangefield

GoFundMe

5 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Not meaning to seem argumentative.. but why do you say that?  I know that LH is known for throwing it around but isn't Hardin's RB raking in a good portion of the offence?

i was being sarcastic....all hardin has shown is that the RB can run for a ton of yards. that may be the only way to limit the damage is to put 9 in the box and stop them from any run game ? i could be wrong. i dont know football well enough to say one way or another but thats probably what i would do

9 minutes ago, hornetsdad said:

i was being sarcastic....all hardin has shown is that the RB can run for a ton of yards. that may be the only way to limit the damage is to put 9 in the box and stop them from any run game ? i could be wrong. i dont know football well enough to say one way or another but thats probably what i would do

I know you weren't.  Like I said.. I know that Haynes knows his stuff when he has a kid that can throw and a couple that can catch.  You could almost argue that that seems to be his preferred offence.  However.. it certainly seems that Hardin's bread and butter is the running back.  If that's the case then loading the box might be the best option.  

24 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

I know you weren't.  Like I said.. I know that Haynes knows his stuff when he has a kid that can throw and a couple that can catch.  You could almost argue that that seems to be his preferred offence.  However.. it certainly seems that Hardin's bread and butter is the running back.  If that's the case then loading the box might be the best option.  

thats what i would do.  i think he accounts for 70% of the offense at this point

Word on the street is that their starter is back and taking snaps at practice yesterday. So I would imagine that they are going to throw the ball a lot in this game from what I’ve seen in the couple games I’ve watched Haynes has kept it very basic. They will depend on #3 for sure but with someone with a concept of the offense at QB they will be way more versital I wouldn’t load the box if I was Orangefield. Haynes found something weak in k-ville last week and attacked it. He didn’t have to throw the ball. Now that he has a shot at the playoffs watch them old plays be dialed up. But what do I know I said that Hardin would beat them last week by 14 and the did..???

19 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

Hardin would be much better if they wouldn't pretend to be a spread attack and just hand the ball off to #3. 

I dont know what you mean by pretend? the entire season has been a heavy dose of the RB #3 with the occasional RPO.  was hardin a spread team last year? did i miss something?

11 minutes ago, hornetsdad said:

I dont know what you mean by pretend? the entire season has been a heavy dose of the RB #3 with the occasional RPO.  was hardin a spread team last year? did i miss something?

From what I see, they are in 3 receiver sets frequently, throwing it a ton. I think they would be better if they didn't do that. It's hard to tell with the pre-district they play, but we will see.

Orangefield is definitely not the same team as earlier in the year. I don't think people understand the importance of losing a 4 yr varsity starter in Gonzalez, who's also been the starting QB in our system for the last 2-3 years. He knew the offense like the back of his hand and he was a major run threat because of his size and athleticism. QB in our offense is the most important player on the field and losing him has limited what we like to do. He was pretty much the heart and soul of this team and when he went down it just seemed like the kids lost a little fight. They really need to find that spark again and soon.

4 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

From what I see, they are in 3 receiver sets frequently, throwing it a ton. I think they would be better if they didn't do that. It's hard to tell with the pre-district they play, but we will see.

how do you throw it a ton if you have a RB who has 1340 yards rushing. i think you have been misled unless i'm not accounting for something? i think they do throw it just to keep some people on their toes, but i dont believe they are in 3 WR sets very often. usually just one split to each side

1 hour ago, hornetsdad said:

how do you throw it a ton if you have a RB who has 1340 yards rushing. i think you have been misled unless i'm not accounting for something? i think they do throw it just to keep some people on their toes, but i dont believe they are in 3 WR sets very often. usually just one split to each side

I believe it was brought on this site a couple of weeks ago about Hardin’s passing game. I think then it was stated that they throw around 20 times a game which is not exactly a ton. 

On 10/14/2018 at 8:39 PM, Hupernikomen said:

This is a tough 3a district.  Hope Hardin pulls it out, but Orangefield will be tough to stop.

The strength of a district can be seen by how it does in the playoffs.  Based on that.. this is not a tough district.  It has never been a tough district being how I don't know if you can tell me the last time a team from this district won a round 3 game.  Usually, the first time a school around here plays a team out of the area they're toast.  Woodville may have a good shot at winning a round 3 game this year if the D11 champ makes it thru...but they'll likely get knocked off by R10 (Yoe or Rockdale). So that's who WV will get to play Rd3.  I wouldn't bet on winning that.  I don't think any other team in this district has a chance at getting there. 

3 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

The strength of a district can be seen by how it does in the playoffs.  Based on that.. this is not a tough district.  It has never been a tough district being how I don't know if you can tell me the last time a team from this district won a round 3 game.  Usually, the first time a school around here plays a team out of the area they're toast.  Woodville may have a good shot at winning a round 3 game this year if the D11 champ makes it thru...but they'll likely get knocked off by R10 (Yoe or Rockdale). So that's who WV will get to play Rd3.  I wouldn't bet on winning that.  I don't think any other team in this district has a chance at getting there. 

Tough in the sense that it has a lot of parity.  Several of these teams have been to playoffs recently and it will be hard for Hardin to displace one of them.

14 hours ago, Hupernikomen said:

Tough in the sense that it has a lot of parity.  Several of these teams have been to playoffs recently and it will be hard for Hardin to displace one of them.

Well..yes and no.  I personally don't consider a team to be good because they got into the playoffs.  When UIL decided to let 4 teams in it watered down a lot of to me.  I see your point tho.  Hardin has the odds stacked against them because most of these teams are usually pretty good and do have experience getting a playoff spot.  That's not necessarily the case this year.  I didn't think I'd see a year when Kirbyville would potentially be 0-10 or 1-9 especially in the classification they're in.  If Hardin was going to sneak in this would be the year to do it since the district is weaker than normal.  The game tonight should all but decide it.

3 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Well..yes and no.  I personally don't consider a team to be good because they got into the playoffs.  When UIL decided to let 4 teams in it watered down a lot of to me.  I see your point tho.  Hardin has the odds stacked against them because most of these teams are usually pretty good and do have experience getting a playoff spot.  That's not necessarily the case this year.  I didn't think I'd see a year when Kirbyville would potentially be 0-10 or 1-9 especially in the classification they're in.  If Hardin was going to sneak in this would be the year to do it since the district is weaker than normal.  The game tonight should all but decide it.

Historically speaking this should be a tough district for Hardin to finish in the top 4..that is what I meant.  And I agree I think this would be the year they could get it done.   I hope they do.