Barbers Hill 49 Vidor 34/FINAL

BHFAN

Must win game for both teams @ Eagle Stadium Friday night! BH coming off a victory, but gives up 49 points to Lee! Vidor coming off a loss to an overlooked Sante Fe team! Last meeting between BH and Vidor ended up being an early season blow out by the Eagles, but this is district! I’m definitely homer picking my Eagles, but it will depend on if Vidor can find their offense or if BH finds there Defense again.

26 minutes ago, chorizo said:

I'm going with Vidor starting district 0-4,,BH will sling it and receivers are better than Santa Fe's!!and better coaching!!Hope I'm wrong,I like Matthews and what he does with the talent he has!!

Oh boy all of the sudden our district has turned into the Big 12... I already miss the Central, Ozen, Livingston and Lumbertons that couldn’t pass that well.

Yeah BH’s last coach ran what Vidor runs and it worked for 1 season then everyone figured how to stop it. Glad we are back in the spread at least I feel like we have a chance to win throughout the game Vs prior if we got down a couple of scores you could feel that it was over. Don’t get me wrong with the right talent and coaching it’s tough to stop, but you have to have a lights out defense to pair it with.

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

Yeah BH’s last coach ran what Vidor runs and it worked for 1 season then everyone figured how to stop it. Glad we are back in the spread at least I feel like we have a chance to win throughout the game Vs prior if we got down a couple of scores you could feel that it was over. Don’t get me wrong with the right talent and coaching it’s tough to stop, but you have to have a lights out defense to pair it with.

Have to agree with you BH. We are short changing ourselves on the defensive side for sure. I believe the ability is there to be better on defense just don’t believe the coaching is there. Just my opinion. Pleasant Grove ran  the slot T offense against WOS last year in the Championship game an they mixed in the pass perfectly with different formations. But you do have to have a decent defense to go with this offense are your going to lose a lot of heartbreakers.

3 hours ago, bulldawg64 said:

This game is gonna be a good one to watch b hill has a r b. That does not go down easy.they pass real good 2 q b that rotates.but can They adapt to vidors offense is the key

They grew up running that offense. Vidor fits right into BH's strengths on both sides of the ball. Barbers Hill defense can't chase a spread offense. They are bad in the open field. Linebackers over pursue and backs cut back, but they should know how to defend this offense. Barbers Hill receivers will be hard for Vidor to play. The secondary is their weakness. It won't be like 2 years ago, but it should be a BH win

Well I do hope Vidor comes into this with thier pirate swords dragging behind them, but BH has a lot of work to get the W this week. They could be sitting pretty, but let Nederland walk away with a win because of poor time management at the end of the game IMO. 

I think the boys are going to show up and play well, I also think they will be well represented by the town. I think we usually travel well and I think it’s not that far to the hill. I’m looking for an upset here, I think if there were a line on the game Vidor would be the underdog. I think we play better that way as opposed to the favorite, see Crosby/PNG vs Santa Fe effort. I think a lot.

After watching Barbers Hill and Santa Fe in person, this game is interesting because Barbers Hill is better than Santa Fe and Santa Fe gave the Pirates fits. Also factor in that Santa Fe doesn’t have much run game while Barbers Hill does. Barbers Hill throws it as good or better than Santa Fe does, too. This will be a tough road game for the Pirates.

I think Vidor is as good or better.  Imo, getting Crosby & PNG right out of the gate, and losing both in heartbreaking fashion, took its toll.  Santa Fe caught them at the right time.  But they better get over it.  Even if they had won the first 3, beating BH will take a super effort, and some breaks.

It is always the defense that wins and is most important in ALL team sports/competitions, ALWAYS. Which is why the best head coaches in all sports come from a defensive background. Just dumping my 2 cents on a comment above. I believe Vidor wins in another close game. I agree that Santa Fe caught them at the right time(maybe they’ll catch Crosby this week as distractions are everywhere) vidor 35 hill 28.