PNG@Dayton

Indianforever

20 minutes ago, CCbigfan said:

Daytons playcalling allows them to get the ball out fast and they will throw it close to 50 times so this game will be alot closer than yall think

I agree. This will be a true test for the PNG secondary.  PNG must get out fast & score. From recent game play, our pass defense is what other teams can capitalize on. We have not pressured the other teams QB consistently either.  PNG defense steps up, or we could be in a shootout. 

We talked a lot this year about PN-G's 72-69 win over Crosby in the playoffs last year. Seems it wasn't that long ago that PN-G beat Dayton 42-41, or something like that, in the first round of the playoffs. As I recall, somebody went back and looked it up. That was the Indians' first win over the Broncos since 1947.

Lots of history between these two. It was my freshman year of high school, 2007, when PN-G beat Lumberton, who beat Dayton, who beat PN-G, splitting the district championship three ways. I seem to recall PN-G losing to Dayton in the first round of the playoffs around 2014 or so (at Lamar, maybe). I wasn't there, but I've heard stories about PN-G's first round loss to Dayton in 1998 with Dustin Long at quarterback. Everyone remembers Mr. Long's playoff run the following year.

Given Dayton's history, it's unfortunate to see how they're doing in the post-Stewart era. Still don't want to count them out, though. Never know what a game against the Broncos is going to look like. I'll call it for the Indians, but not by more than two possessions.