Port Neches-Groves 48 Crosby 45/FINAL

prepballfan

18 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

WOS probably has to lowest education standards of any team covered on this board, odd someone from there would be calling anybody else a "meat head". Obviously if you "were" a coach you weren't a very good one if you couldn't sustain a living doing it. Almost everything you said in your post is wrong.

PNG wasn't really calling plays fast and they're not physical at all, the rb could barely get out of the backfield until the 4th quarter when Crosby had to play the pass more because of the time on the clock. There is no downhill run game because the running backs aren't good and the o-line is big but doesn't get movement particularly well. Every play that isn't an RPO is a play-action raise up and throw to the primary receiver or take off and run. His eyes always come down which is why he threw that awful pick into double coverage, we would've had a couple more if our dbs could catch. He would get sacked a lot more behind that offensive line if he didn't.  

If any of that stuff you said was true about PNG's offense they wouldn't have lost to a Tomball team that wont even make the playoffs in their district without him, otherwise your post is saying RJ is the only reason any of that stuff works. If anything PNG has become even more reliant on RJ than they were his sophomore year. PNG ran exactly what Crosby practiced for which is the qb run in about 70% of critical situations, much like Heard if you take his legs away he probably can't beat you from the pocket. I don't think that has any bearing on being great in college but may be reasons that have plagued other run first qbs in college.

Who Dat misspoke when he said Meat Head , He meant TANK HEAD!

5 minutes ago, WHO DAT???? said:

#1 Not from WOS

#2 Was a state winning player and assistant coach, now just have a job that is MUCH more profitable and im using my Degrees

#3 This is PNG offense. Its the reason why PNG has usually had the areas best QBs the past 10 years

#4 You are not an Elite 11 Qb if you cant go through progressions

You aren't bringing much to this argument.  This is PNG offense in a nutshell. Tell your coach to take few plays from it like TAKING A KNEE TO RUN OUT THE CLOCK!

PNG hasn't had the best qbs in the area for the past 10 years, I'll give you three. Crosby ran through the squad with the PNG qb that broke the passing records at the time even with the best receiver PNG has had in their history. Every starting qb at Crosby since 2009 except Tristan Cotton has signed an FBS scholarship, not to play qb but that gives you an idea of how asinine that statement sounds. I can probably name 10 kids off the top of my head in the coverage area over the last decade that were better than anything PNG rolled out there before RJ.  LOL, you do realize Heard was an elite 11 qb, right? You know you can google this stuff, right?

Like I said, if you were a good enough coach I'm sure there was a job that was MUCH more profitable than what WOS was paying you. Nobody thought high enough of you to offer it to you though. There are plenty of coaching jobs that pay what you make now. If you were a state winning player you probably played in the 80's which means you have to be close to 50 and judging from your use of punctuation your current job doesn't involve much literacy. I may not be bringing much but you sure can't stop responding to it.    

10 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

PNG hasn't had the best qbs in the area for the past 10 years, I'll give you three. Crosby ran through the squad with the PNG qb that broke the passing records at the time even with the best receiver PNG has had in their history. Every starting qb at Crosby since 2009 except Tristan Cotton has signed an FBS scholarship, not to play qb but that gives you an idea of how asinine that statement sounds. I can probably name 10 kids off the top of my head in the coverage area over the last decade that were better than anything PNG rolled out there before RJ.  LOL, you do realize Heard was an elite 11 qb, right? You know you can google this stuff, right?

Like I said, if you were a good enough coach I'm sure there was a job that was MUCH more profitable than what WOS was paying you. Nobody thought high enough of you to offer it to you though. There are plenty of coaching jobs that pay what you make now. If you were a state winning player you probably played in the 80's which means you have to be close to 50 and judging from your use of punctuation your current job doesn't involve much literacy. I may not be bringing much but you sure can't stop responding to it.    

Not taking those back-to-back losses well, are you?

16 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

The best WR png has had beat you last year. AGAIN I NEVER COACHED AT WOS, Im not even from Texas! I also never took anything away from Heard other than his offense much more simple. You clearly can't read. Crosby did you a disservice in regard to comprehension. I also still have points about the offense that you never addressed above. I know its hard with big words but try and READ THEM. You have no idea what I make, I am not in football. I am a guy who owns businesses, plural. Please get you some hooked on phonics and try again

11 minutes ago, Realville said:

Who Dat misspoke when he said Meat Head , He meant TANK HEAD!

You ain't lying. I just paid over $50k to buy me a new tank to fit my head in. It's hard to clean wave grease off the suede in those foreign luxury vehicles.

On a serious note, while I was in Vidor I saw your career and technology center a*k*a* the welding shop. Just as a head's up there will be a lot of work happening at Baytown refineries in the next couple of years. Guys will be able to skip the bumper pull and go straight to the double-wide if they have the drive.    

5 minutes ago, WHO DAT???? said:

The best WR png has had beat you last year. AGAIN I NEVER COACHED AT WOS, Im not even from Texas! I also never took anything away from Heard other than his offense much more simple. You clearly can't read. Crosby did you a disservice in regard to comprehension. I also still have points about the offense that you never addressed above. I know its hard with big words but try and READ THEM.

Nobody on PNG's roster playing wr was better than Jerimiah Rose. It's very hard to get an economics degree if struggle with comprehension and not a single word you used is one I would consider "big". I don't care where you're from, you support WOS. I'm not from Crosby and my kids may go to North Shore for a while but if I post about Crosby I expect replies like from people who are opponents of the team.

12 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

Not taking those back-to-back losses well, are you?

I've been trying to do some stuff for out North Americas T/A group and didn't have time to post last week and won't really after today when our Canadian advisors come in. I didn't want to be accused or have any Crosby fans accused of not showing up after a loss. If I didn't post anything I'm sure I would be accused of not taking the loss well also so it's a catch 22.

On a side note, I never understood why people think you should be a gracious loser? I want people on my side who are pissed about coming up short to a one man band for the second time in a row.

12 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Nobody on PNG's roster playing wr was better than Jerimiah Rose. It's very hard to get an economics degree if struggle with comprehension and not a single word you used is one I would consider "big". I don't care where you're from, you support WOS. I'm not from Crosby and my kids may go to North Shore for a while but if I post about Crosby I expect replies like from people who are opponents of the team.

Jeremiah Rose is Bigbros little brother and Shugs older brother. Rose will readily admit that Riggs was more athletically gifted than himself. He was bigger and faster than Rose. Riggs at 6'3 and Rose around 6 foot. Rose's foot speed got in the way of big offers. Riggs desire to play futbol over football probably stopped him. Economics is a laugh. I own a few things so if you ever need a job I got ya. I know Crosby struggling right now. And again, if anything I follow PNG much more closely than WOS. I think everyone would agree with that. You are very loquacious for a guy who cant read.

4 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I've been trying to do some stuff for out North Americas T/A group and didn't have time to post last week and won't really after today when our Canadian advisors come in. I didn't want to be accused or have any Crosby fans accused of not showing up after a loss. If I didn't post anything I'm sure I would be accused of not taking the loss well also so it's a catch 22.

On a side note, I never understood why people think you should be a gracious loser? I want people on my side who are pissed about coming up short to a one man band for the second time in a row.

It's called losing with humility. PN-G learned how to do it after Huntsville. There's an old quote about it.

"It's awfully important to win with humility. It's also important to lose. I hate to lose worse than anyone, but if you never lose you won't know how to act. If you lose with humility, then you can come back."

You might have heard of the guy who said it. His name's Bear Bryant. Point is, kudos on showing up after losing, but the more you try to spit the crow back at the victor, the more bitter it's going to taste. Bringing up Crosby quarterbacks from ten years ago - who also lost to PN-G in 2008, 2009 and 2010 by a combined 62 points - doesn't do you much good in a discussion about a PN-G quarterback who got his All American jersey today.

5 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

It's called losing with humility. PN-G learned how to do it after Huntsville. There's an old quote about it.

"It's awfully important to win with humility. It's also important to lose. I hate to lose worse than anyone, but if you never lose you won't know how to act. If you lose with humility, then you can come back."

You might have heard of the guy who said it. His name's Bear Bryant. Point is, kudos on showing up after losing, but the more you try to spit the crow back at the victor, the more bitter it's going to taste. Bringing up Crosby quarterbacks from ten years ago - who also lost to PN-G in 2008, 2009 and 2010 by a combined 62 points - doesn't do you much good in a discussion about a PN-G quarterback who got his All American jersey today.

I didn't even know he was talking crap in this thread. Everyone always has something to say about Shug when he takes it to them

27 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

You ain't lying. I just paid over $50k to buy me a new tank to fit my head in. It's hard to clean wave grease off the suede in those foreign luxury vehicles.

On a serious note, while I was in Vidor I saw your career and technology center a*k*a* the welding shop. Just as a head's up there will be a lot of work happening at Baytown refineries in the next couple of years. Guys will be able to skip the bumper pull and go straight to the double-wide if they have the drive.    

Crosby literally has to fire a coach the day before a game because they can't pay their bills, and you making fun of a towns income status. Crosby is broke, swiped the card one too many times...

11 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

I didn't even know he was talking crap in this thread. Everyone always has something to say about Shug when he takes it to them

I don’t think he’s said anything negative, maybe I missed it, everyone I’ve talked to has said nothing but positive things.  Whew, my kid was 2-0 against the Injuns so at least I got that going for me I guess.

7 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

I don’t think he’s said anything negative, maybe I missed it, everyone I’ve talked to has said nothing but positive things.  Whew, my kid was 2-0 against the Injuns so at least I got that going for me I guess.

From what I read, he tries to be slick in the way he words his comments on my brother. In regard to other people and places like Whodat , the rest of the png team, the City of Vidor, and the Vidor posters, he definitely gets real disrespectful. 

9 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Crosby literally has to fire a coach the day before a game because they can't pay their bills, and you making fun of a towns income status. Crosby is broke, swiped the card one too many times...

Disagree disagree disagree disagree, way more than “swiped it once”.  It’s not just football and other sports suffering.  When you’re cutting special education programs, bus drivers, and other teachers from gifted programs, what growth was happening may slow just a bit.  Glad I already sold my house, whew!

7 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

Disagree disagree disagree disagree, way more than “swiped it once”.  It’s not just football and other sports suffering.  When you’re cutting special education programs, bus drivers, and other teachers from gifted programs, what growth was happening may slow just a bit.  Glad I already sold my house, whew!

Should sell the stadium... I heard PNG already owns it anyway.

5 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

From what I read, he tries to be slick in the way he words his comments on my brother. In regard to other people and places like Whodat , the City of Vidor, and the Vidor posters, he definitely gets real disrespectful. 

I talk to several of your fans on a weekly basis and everyone knows what would happen if he wasn’t playing.  That’s definitely not a knock on your brother.  I tell all those OU knucklehead fans on FB, just wait!

It deosnt matter anyway rj will have to be trained to be a pocket passer when he goes off to college. truth is most high school coaches dont know a lick about the qb position. thats including faircloth and riordon. they do young black qbs a disservice by making these kids run first qbs just because they can run. in college the kid with best mechanics, footwork, and  accuracy most likely will start. howard was a pocket passer last year and riordon has him running sweeps and traps this year and now hes out with an injury. rj is a great talent so he has a shot at making it at the next level. 

6 minutes ago, CCbigfan said:

It deosnt matter anyway rj will have to be trained to be a pocket passer when he goes off to college. truth is most high school coaches dont know a lick about the qb position. thats including faircloth and riordon. they do young black qbs a disservice by making these kids run first qbs just because they can run. in college the kid with best mechanics, footwork, and  accuracy most likely will start. howard was a pocket passer last year and riordon has him running sweeps and traps this year and now hes out with an injury. rj is a great talent so he has a shot at making it at the next level. 

Very true I said from the first game I saw Howard play Manvel he carried the ball way to much for his build. Nice QB though but if I was his dad I wouldn't want to see all those designed runs for him. 

I agree. The good thing is that Texas offense is very similar already to what he is doing from plays to verbiage. 

You do realize that a High School Football Coaches job is to win games, right?

This is not a College Farm System.

His job is to do what he feels is best for the TEAM.

His job is to put players in position to use their individual talents to insure the TEAMS success.

20 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Hell, I paid over $50k for my work truck! Big Whoop! An like Who Dat I’ve been working for my self for 12 years. I put in about 15  to 18 hours a week. I answer to no one except my customer base that I’ve built up over the years. The rest of the time is family time. Just about every high school has a welding shop along with other vocational programs dumb ass! That is a satellite building for the High School Students Tank Head!

5 minutes ago, Realville said:

Hell, I paid over $50k for my work truck! Big Whoop! An like Who Dat I’ve been working for my self for 12 years. I put in about 15  to 18 hours a week. I answer to no one except my customer base that I’ve built up over the years. The rest of the time is family time. Just about every high school has a welding shop along with other vocational programs dumb ass! That is a satellite building for the High School Students Tank Head!

My nieces husband is a welder on pipelines is is knocking down over 200k a year. Lot of hours but the money is pretty damn good.