Port Neches-Groves 48 Crosby 45/FINAL

prepballfan

1 hour ago, Rez Ipsa said:

PNG is 10-3 overall against Crosby. 9 of those wins came this century, with 5 of them in the past 10 years. Faircloth is 4-2 against Crosby. Crosby beat PNG in 2007, 2011, and 2013. This is a huge win for PNG, and I certainly thought Crosby was going to win this, but PNG is the big brother in this rivalry, no matter what way you spin it. 

Wait, all-time records matter in rivalries?

Cue the Nederland posters in 3... 2... 1...

4 minutes ago, PN-G bamatex said:

Wait, all-time records matter in rivalries?

Cue the Nederland posters in 3... 2... 1...

I think Nederland has a point, in that we've struggled in recent years to find wins against them. So with Nederland, they can certainly crow about the last two decades. At the same time, if you are going to care about records at all, the all-time record matters as well. You can't just pull out a slice of history that looks good for you and ignore everything else. In any case, in the PNG-Crosby history, PNG can point to recent history and all-time history. I think a lot of us could agree that there are years we didn't play Crosby where they would likely have have been favored to win, but no one gets points for games that weren't played. 

5 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

I think Nederland has a point, in that we've struggled in recent years to find wins against them. So with Nederland, they can certainly crow about the last two decades. At the same time, if you are going to care about records at all, the all-time record matters as well. You can't just pull out a slice of history that looks good for you and ignore everything else. In any case, in the PNG-Crosby history, PNG can point to recent history and all-time history. I think a lot of us could agree that there are years we didn't play Crosby where they would likely have have been favored to win, but no one gets points for games that weren't played. 

Oh, I hear you. I just enjoy trolling Nederland, and it’s really easy to do on this subject.

If PN-G and Crosby have a rivalry in the making, I’d say it looks a lot less like our rivalries with Nederland and TJ and a lot more like the pseudo-rivalries we had with WO-S and Beaumont Central. It’s not a rivalry built out of genuine hate and decades of history, it’s a rivalry built out of genuine competition year in and year out. I’d bet good money that PN-G and Crosby are going to be in the same district for a several seasons to come, so I guess we’ll see where it goes.

But if we’re gonna have a rivalry, we’re gonna start it off right with me pointing out that we played Crosby three times when I was in high school and we won 29-28, 37-7 and 38-7, respectively. That first score was one of the only three wins we scored in Matt Burnett’s last season, as I recall. The Cougars were more like kitty-cats back then.

3 hours ago, PN-G bamatex said:

Oh, I hear you. I just enjoy trolling Nederland, and it’s really easy to do on this subject.

If PN-G and Crosby have a rivalry in the making, I’d say it looks a lot less like our rivalries with Nederland and TJ and a lot more like the pseudo-rivalries we had with WO-S and Beaumont Central. It’s not a rivalry built out of genuine hate and decades of history, it’s a rivalry built out of genuine competition year in and year out. I’d bet good money that PN-G and Crosby are going to be in the same district for a several seasons to come, so I guess we’ll see where it goes.

But if we’re gonna have a rivalry, we’re gonna start it off right with me pointing out that we played Crosby three times when I was in high school and we won 29-28, 37-7 and 38-7, respectively. That first score was one of the only three wins we scored in Matt Burnett’s last season, as I recall. The Cougars were more like kitty-cats back then.

For sure -- I hope it didn't sound like I was correcting you in any way. Trolling Nederland is to be encouraged. 

Quality game again, this district is unbelievable with the level of talent and games. The quality of young men exhibited in our district is outstanding. I was privelaged to meet and speak with a special man who ll serve as an example for future players. I didn't like the fact he led his team to beat my Cougars, but as a reporter and UT grad i was proud of what he did. Good luck on the rest of the season and your career. Great fans last night from both Crosby (who i don't know how they continue to battle amid all the doom and gloom in our district) and PNG who remind me so much of the LSU fans.

Roschon Johnson Future UT QB.jpg

Me and UT qb.jpg

We won baby!  And it seems all who were talkin crap are still in their hiding in their Hole! That crow will get cold if you don’t eat it and it don’t taste as good reheated!

Come out, come out, wherever you are! What else was y’all sayin? Oh I remember now, “One-man team, turnover machine, this game could still get ugly, here comes the onslaught!”

Where though? because from here all I see is one big L. Moving on to Dayton

7 minutes ago, coach bear said:

Quality game again, this district is unbelievable with the level of talent and games. The quality of young men exhibited in our district is outstanding. I was privelaged to meet and speak with a special man who ll serve as an example for future players. I didn't like the fact he led his team to beat my Cougars, but as a reporter and UT grad i was proud of what he did. Good luck on the rest of the season and your career. Great fans last night from both Crosby (who i don't know how they continue to battle amid all the doom and gloom in our district) and PNG who remind me so much of the LSU fans.

Roschon Johnson Future UT QB.jpg

Me and UT qb.jpg

Out of likes but awesome post

As I was texting with Stattrax during the game last night, early on I said last one with the ball wins.  And when Crosby got the ball back with 6 something left in the fourth I said too much time left Crosby will score too fast, congrats!!  Little did I know that the budget thing had hit already.  I didn’t think Crosby would be losing anyone until December.  Very unfortunate situation for those folks and their families.