Port Neches-Groves 48 Crosby 45/FINAL

prepballfan

7 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

How many fumbles did RJ have tonight? Since that one guy said they would be hitting him so hard he would be fumbling all night

0, But That aint the question.

The real question is, Where Did The Crosby Posters Go? Got real quiet.

i cant hear you kobe bryant GIF

5 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

Yes, but in fairness Jaiden Howard did not play either

If Shug wouldve remained hurt for this game, they would take the W just like we are. They been talking about they gonna blow us out with the backup all week and in the middle of this game.  Im not as sympathetic as I normally would be.

4 minutes ago, ROSCHONSBIGBRO said:

If Shug wouldve remained hurt for this game, they would take the W just like we are. They been talking about they gonna blow us out with the backup all week and in the middle of this game. 

I have not read all week been out of town. 

This was my comment last Friday on the pre-game thread:

"PNG can't count on the same explosive offense as last year. Crosby has shown that it can score quickly, and seems to be the more developed of the two teams when it comes to offensive chemistry and execution. On the other hand, Crosby has shown some vulnerability. Crosby is beatable, and I don't mean that in the "Anyone can technically beat anyone" way. This Crosby team could have lost a week ago, and it looked for a minute like Dayton might make it close too. PNG can win. But... 

While I will certainly be rooting for PNG, and I think we have what it takes to pull off a victory (despite our offensive struggles, we still have one of the best weapons in the state), I have to predict a Crosby win. This is going to be a good, tough game. And who knows, maybe it will be a key game for PNG in establishing its identity? PNG has shown flashes of being a complete team, and if we can put the pieces together, we will be dangerous. In any case, with what we know about the two teams, I do not think PNG can survive a shootout with Crosby, especially with how quickly Crosby has scored in the second half this season. Hope the Indians prove me wrong."

This is the best tasting crow I've ever had. 

I think what you saw tonight was the first of what is going to be a lot of issues for Crosby sports programs. Due to budget cuts the new DC was let go before the game today. Either way good game by RJ, PNG is nothing without him. Crosby has lost 3 of the last 4 games to what I consider are the good running qbs they’ve played; RJ twice, Jordan Cooper once with the only win coming against Zion Childress. Again, good game by RJ, for the second year in a row he makes a play to carry PNG past Crosby by three with second left on the clock. Backup qb played well enough to beat anyone on our schedule tonight, RJ made multiple conversions on third/fourth and long late Crosby could’ve stopped any one of and won. 

I’m not sure exactly how many of the staff got let go/are getting let go but I could well see Crosby struggling to even make the playoffs. Even if Crosby would’ve won this game I think with our issues that are going to permeate the district’s sports teams our realistic goal would’ve been going 11-1 this year and maybe just reaching the 2nd round for the near future. I think 10-2 is still realistic and considering the circumstances plus Howard being out I’ll take it. 

Personally it sucks to have one of your 14’s lose his DC when it looked like he might have it put together and then have the other one completely lose his head coach. What a bleeping day. Congrats PNG fans, no matter how the board views Crosby posters and whatever condition our program may be in, any time you beat us it’s usually a big win for that team’s fans/coaches/program/community. It’s going to be the duty free blue label Johnny Walker for ole’ 14.2 tonight. 

7 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I think what you saw tonight was the first of what is going to be a lot of issues for Crosby sports programs. Due to budget cuts the new DC was let go before the game today. Either way good game by RJ, PNG is nothing without him. Crosby has lost 3 of the last 4 games to what I consider are the good running qbs they’ve played; RJ twice, Jordan Cooper once with the only win coming against Zion Childress. Again, good game by RJ, for the second year in a row he makes a play to carry PNG past Crosby by three with second left on the clock. Backup qb played well enough to beat anyone on our schedule tonight, RJ made multiple conversions on third/fourth and long late Crosby could’ve stopped any one of and won. 

I’m not sure exactly how many of the staff got let go/are getting let go but I could well see Crosby struggling to even make the playoffs. Even if Crosby would’ve won this game I think with our issues that are going to permeate the district’s sports teams our realistic goal would’ve been going 11-1 this year and maybe just reaching the 2nd round for the near future. I think 10-2 is still realistic and considering the circumstances plus Howard being out I’ll take it. 

Personally it sucks to have one of your 14’s lose his DC when it looked like he might have it put together and then have the other one completely lose his head coach. What a bleeping day. Congrats PNG fans, no matter how the board views Crosby posters and whatever condition our program may be in, any time you beat us it’s usually a big win for that team’s fans/coaches/program/community. It’s going to be the duty free blue label Johnny Walker for ole’ 14.2 tonight. 

Good posts and I offer my thoughts and prayers for your district. It sucks when these things like this affect the kids in the district. I am talking about more than just the football part of it. Good luck the rest of the way.

PNG is 10-3 overall against Crosby. 9 of those wins came this century, with 5 of them in the past 10 years. Faircloth is 4-2 against Crosby. Crosby beat PNG in 2007, 2011, and 2013. This is a huge win for PNG, and I certainly thought Crosby was going to win this, but PNG is the big brother in this rivalry, no matter what way you spin it.