Santa Fe 28 Vidor 19/FINAL

Hagar

Santa Fe defensed our offense  as well or better than anybody I've seen. Other than giving up that 68 yard TD run on the first play of the game, they limited our usual big plays.  Indian QB is the real deal, accurate with his passes and a good runner as well.  Receivers have good hands and good YAC.  They used the short passes like a run, picking up 5-6-7 yards and  then would go over the top downfield. They deserved to win and played a solid game in all phases. Congratulations Indians.

28-19 final Vidor played bad in all phases, just didn’t see that fight we saw the past 2 weeks. Fatigue maybe after a triple or overtime game and a hard fought game down to the end with two of the best teams around. Sant Fe ain’t nearly as bad as we were led to believe but boy oh boy that officiating crew doesn’t deserve to be anywhere near a high school football field. I don’t mind letting the boys play but at some point it gets ridiculous. That has to be the first time I’ve ever seen a team throw the ball 50 times and not get a single holding call. In fact I don’t think I saw a holding call against either team the whole game. Head official asleep at the wheel, crew couldn’t spot the ball worth a damn, terrible at working with the clock operator, just bad all around for both teams. Now we get to take a trip to BH next week, I hope the coaches get the boys motivated and back to playing hard.

Just walking up to game, you could feel that the energy just was not good. Vidor played without that usual fire. 

Sante Fe on the other hand, they played with intensity and passion . It was an overall will to win but there discipline and coaching were on point. They won  the chess game, for sure. Nice game plan and execution.

11 minutes ago, Curelover32 said:

I love my Pirates but we will always struggle against proficient passing attacks.  It's practically impossible to prepare for an offensive you don't usually run.

And that was a proficient passing attack.  Like to see the run/pass ratio, I sure it was lopsided toward the pass.

27 minutes ago, Tim Riggins said:

And that was a proficient passing attack.  Like to see the run/pass ratio, I sure it was lopsided toward the pass.

28 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

36 minutes ago, Tim Riggins said:

Yes, very proficient passing game. It was very smart football to take advantage of that huge cushion we always give on defense (Ive been wondering when someone would see it during scouting) They made easy throws and catches within the cushion area and as well as in the soft spot areas between the zones. It just makes sense to see the defense first then  call the play. It was simple pitch and catch.

9 minutes ago, Tim Riggins said:

QB's completion ratio has to be way up there, completed a ton of short passes with a few downfield too.  Pirates on the other hand have a dropped pass wide open in the end zone, then an overthrown pass to another receiver wide open over the middle.  Catches there are two touchdowns.

3rd game in a row I’ve seen this type of thing, well maybe 3rd year in a row or 13th year.

5 minutes ago, Bootleg said:

Santa Fe is living proof that you do not necessarily need the greatest athletes to be capable of being proficient in the spread. Their QB impressed me and the recievers had good hands but overall it was good coaching.

That’s true but we just need to be proficient in the passes we already throw in our run offense. The plays are there but we just can’t seem to execute them well enough. Imagine if we had confidence in those plays and could actually pass the ball more. They need to work on it because it would be nice to pass the ball on 1st or 2nd down, not just 3rd or 4th and long.

Im shocked about this one for real. I thought Vidor had all the factors. I mean let’s look at the facts

Vidor offense is tough if your not use to it (they aren’t) 

its homecoming, Vidor has taken down top district teams before on HC

vidor almost upset Crosby 

nederland held SF to 0 but I promise you they don’t  hold Vidor to 0

goes to show that some things just get thrown out the window 

First of all, you guys wh want to get rid of the oc that just a couple years ago won a disrict title are wack jobs that have no clue. Secondly, coach Mathews is one of the best if not the best of getting the most out of their kids. Third the D.C. and the defense has been outstanding all year. I would love to have all those guys on my staff. So you guys complaining can piss off. Go pirates and their real fans.

5 hours ago, tupac7 said:

First of all, you guys wh want to get rid of the oc that just a couple years ago won a disrict title are wack jobs that have no clue. Secondly, coach Mathews is one of the best if not the best of getting the most out of their kids. Third the D.C. and the defense has been outstanding all year. I would love to have all those guys on my staff. So you guys complaining can piss off. Go pirates and their real fans.

That’s the spirit, but half of the real fans left after the halftime show. 

7 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

That’s true but we just need to be proficient in the passes we already throw in our run offense. The plays are there but we just can’t seem to execute them well enough. Imagine if we had confidence in those plays and could actually pass the ball more. They need to work on it because it would be nice to pass the ball on 1st or 2nd down, not just 3rd or 4th and long.

I would like to see us not under center every play. We need to put in some schemes with the QB in the shot gun. Our line is not use to pass protection blocking, so this will help the QB out and not have to roll out for passes. You can also run from the formation as well. Play calling just seems to be stale. Not seeing anything new from week to week. It’s not hard for teams to defend against you when you’re not showing anything different from week to week.