Hardin 42 Kirbyville 28/FINAL

camsdad

2 hours ago, hornetsdad said:

I’ve read your posts on this site for a while and you seem to always bash Hardin. Just wondering, what did Hardin do or not do to/for you? I’m not trying to attack you.  I’m new here so I would like to know things Incase something comes up. Am I just overthinking or is there more to it? 

Oldschool is one of the most realistic posters on this site. I’m a lifelong Hornet fan but we have to look at the facts. We need to prove that we can beat some better teams and hopefully that will start next Friday. Go Hornets!

19 hours ago, XXPLAYAXX said:

Yes 1st string senior qb was out with personal issues. The sophomore 2nd string is playing defense but heard he broke his throwing hand. They went with kid that has never played the qb position and he done well made some rookie mistakes but did well. They handed to there stud running back all night and he was to much for the kats he had4 td’s on the ground and probably over 300 yards rushing... any one from HD  you might want to know the game of football before you say the Hornets would loose this game from what I’ve seen out of them the are scrappy bunch and show tons of heart, that’s one think you can’t coach and that’s one thing that HD never had... Hardin would kill HD this year as a matter of fact your AD would not play Hardin Haynes tried to get them back on the schedule and he said no. I said from the beginning Hardin will be 6-4 with a chance to upset sometimes get in the playoffs... could I be right???

I was not one of the HD fans that said Hardin would lose, but this is the dumbest thing I have read on this sight in a long time.  How are you gonna call out HD for not ever having heart and say they won't play you? Wasn't your coach the one that fixed the schedule last year to get y'all a couple cupcake wins? HD has owned Hardin in this series.  You beat K-ville, enjoy your victory, but no need to bump your chest at HD.  I always wish all the schools in our area are successful.

People always bring up the past when it comes to things. Let’s play now and see the outcome... Yes Hardin has to fix a few things for sure but this is the same kids that went 0-10/2 years ago so for the fans and the kids to get excited to win some games let them. K-ville has always had a decent football program and they had some great athletes last night that were in the wrong spot. Haters are gonna hate good luck to the Hornets the rest of the way.

10 minutes ago, XXPLAYAXX said:

People always bring up the past when it comes to things. Let’s play now and see the outcome... Yes Hardin has to fix a few things for sure but this is the same kids that went 0-10/2 years ago so for the fans and the kids to get excited to win some games let them. K-ville has always had a decent football program and they had some great athletes last night that were in the wrong spot. Haters are gonna hate good luck to the Hornets the rest of the way.

I agree, fans and players have every right to get excited.  A win is a win.  You are the one that brought up HD, so don't get mad if we bring up history.  Enjoy the victory and I for one hope there are more on the way.

15 hours ago, rykerx144 said:

We sold our soul for baseball. 

And we are still shocked by that !!! We were all wondering how he would do in football ... didn’t get any further in baseball than previous coach ... I’m sure glad jasper didn’t hire him... Your superintendent sure has hurt kville 

Sold our soul.  That's beyond foolish.  The great Jack Alvarez took 3 years to have a winning season and he sure didn't have over half his team as sophomores.   We thought we had more talent than that then too.  I was one of the parents with a starting sophomore.  Fact is we are a total of about 8 plays from being 4 and 2 but it's always that way when your rebuilding.  Only 2 coaches that I know of have ever completely turned a program around.  This coach has the same drive and work ethic that they do. They both took 3 years to get to the playoffs.  It was explained to me very well by a waitress this week end. She graduated from Kirbyville about 20 years ago.  She said she went to the community pep rally and was amazed at the size of our players.  She said " I am bigger than most of them boys. They are tiny".  We all have our ideas of change or different things that might help, but the truth is none of us has any first hand experience at it.  Our staff has over 100 years of it.  They work 7 days a week.  Everybody said when we were on the hunt for a coach that we would give em time.  After the hire we gave em 3 weeks.  When you degrade the program publicly as with this forum, you hurt Kirbyville.  If you truly have a problem, get an appointment and go talk to the man.