New Caney 38 Port Arthur Memorial 21/FINAL

pakronos

12 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

SMH, didn't PAM fans say they were in cupcake district?

I said it and stand on it

Who would thought there would be 200 yards in PF penalties?

And with PAM switching coaches, the path was laid on as far as the regular season

I also said, getting out of the region would be next to impossible

BTW, this was the week PAM lost to PNG last year and they still went 3 rounds so there's that

22 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

I said it and stand on it

Who would thought there would be 200 yards in PF penalties?

And with PAM switching coaches, the path was laid on as far as the regular season

I also said, getting out of the region would be next to impossible

BTW, this was the week PAM lost to PNG last year and they still went 3 rounds so there's that

I agree, I just think PAM has too much talent to get beat by NC. Not a dig on NC, but PAM should win those games.

Most of the penalties were on seniors. Sooner or later it's time to just play ball. On the other hand, the game is violent and rough, things are going to get heated. Doesn't make sense to throw a flag on words.  Those kids are battling  and tempers get the best of ALL the kids. They were QUICK on some flags for trash talk.

Third time to see Port Arthur in 2018.  Penalties, penalties, and more penalties.  No rhythm to the game for Port Arthur except for penalty flags.  Port Arthur coaching staff must get the personal foul penalties under control.  A team cannot give up four 15-yard PF penalties and win.  Two questions for the Port Arthur coaches: (1) Why abandon the run game?  Port Arthur hit the long ball early and gave up on a consistent run game.  #21 was getting to perimeter and he had several good runs.  Give him the ball.  You are on the road and you need to sustain drives. Even at 24-14, why give up the run game?  Did the OC not have a feel for the flow of the game?  Instead, was he determined to impose his game plan?  (2) Once NC went up 24-14, the intensity and enthusiasm left the Port Arthur sideline.  That is on the coaches.  You have to see that and then get your kids reinvested in the game.  The game was not over at 24-14.  It was noticeable.  Port Arthur lost focus and personal foul garbage started.  Credit to NC for a great game and taking Port Arthur out of its comfort zone.  NC QB was a smooth operator.  Defense was a bend and never break bunch.  Props to NC; they have some talent.  But, Port Arthur could have ---should have--- done more to give themselves a better shot at winning a tough road game.  Coaching staffs have learning curves.  Port Arthur should learn from this game.

Finally, my first trip to Texan Stadium in New Caney.  Nice facility.  Great stadium, easy access from Hwy 59, and good parking.  Well done, NCISD.

13 hours ago, 1989NDN said:

Third time to see Port Arthur in 2018.  Penalties, penalties, and more penalties.  No rhythm to the game for Port Arthur except for penalty flags.  Port Arthur coaching staff must get the personal foul penalties under control.  A team cannot give up four 15-yard PF penalties and win.  Two questions for the Port Arthur coaches: (1) Why abandon the run game?  Port Arthur hit the long ball early and gave up on a consistent run game.  #21 was getting to perimeter and he had several good runs.  Give him the ball.  You are on the road and you need to sustain drives. Even at 24-14, why give up the run game?  Did the OC not have a feel for the flow of the game?  Instead, was he determined to impose his game plan?  (2) Once NC went up 24-14, the intensity and enthusiasm left the Port Arthur sideline.  That is on the coaches.  You have to see that and then get your kids reinvested in the game.  The game was not over at 24-14.  It was noticeable.  Port Arthur lost focus and personal foul garbage started.  Credit to NC for a great game and taking Port Arthur out of its comfort zone.  NC QB was a smooth operator.  Defense was a bend and never break bunch.  Props to NC; they have some talent.  But, Port Arthur could have ---should have--- done more to give themselves a better shot at winning a tough road game.  Coaching staffs have learning curves.  Port Arthur should learn from this game.

Finally, my first trip to Texan Stadium in New Caney.  Nice facility.  Great stadium, easy access from Hwy 59, and good parking.  Well done, NCISD.

While everything you've said was very valid, and hard to argue with. I'm just curious, at what point do we start to hold the kids responsible? 1) I thought the game plan was solid. The QB was missing wide open and simple throws. 2) the RB had 21 carries with no real backup. Looks like he was starting to wear down towards the end.  3) they did give up, but as a player you shouldn't have to be rah, rahed to step up and play. They put themselve in that position with the boneheaded penalties and foolishness. The coaches should've let them eat that poop sandwich that they fixed for themselves. Maybe now they would listen, maybe now they'll see how important being discipline is, and they just can't wake up and just beat people off of talent alone. I don't care how good a coach you are, kids got to want to be led. 

Not so much as an excuse, but those flags were too one sided when I saw BOTH teams jawing at each other.  We got a flag when one of our recievers had his helmet taken off.  He was flagged when 2 players got in each other's faces.  I get individual responsibility, but you can't play against the refs.  They are paid to call a game fairly.  That DID NOT happen. 

43 minutes ago, PA4Real said:

Not so much as an excuse, but those flags were too one sided when I saw BOTH teams jawing at each other.  We got a flag when one of our recievers had his helmet taken off.  He was flagged when 2 players got in each other's faces.  I get individual responsibility, but you can't play against the refs.  They are paid to call a game fairly.  That DID NOT happen. 

I agree to an extent, but ever since middle-school you was taught they would always catch the 2nd person. I know fora fact that they was trying to get under our skin, and we let them. It started with Kingwood Park in rhe playoffs last year. Deer Park this year, but we fall for it everytime. They have to learn to pick your battles. There will be a point in every game where you can get you payback within the flow of the game. 

27 minutes ago, BoGip7387 said:

I agree to an extent, but ever since middle-school you was taught they would always catch the 2nd person. I know fora fact that they was trying to get under our skin, and we let them. It started with Kingwood Park in rhe playoffs last year. Deer Park this year, but we fall for it everytime. They have to learn to pick your battles. There will be a point in every game where you can get you payback within the flow of the game. 

That's no different than what we see every Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Thursday. Cant blame kids to always restrain from doing what college and professional players can't refrain from doing as well.  Blame has to go around. For this to be going on all season, the coaching can't go without some fault.  EVERYONE has admitted that refs have taken games away from teams at some point.  It was evident Friday. Can't deny a lot were called on 3rd and long. IJS

1 hour ago, PA4Real said:

Wouldn't have mattered in the out come of our gave vs yall but the flags were hella 1 sided  in that game as well. We had 19 flags. PAM did alot of talking as did we but I'm sure they paid more attention to your secondary taking the extra step or stomp on kids when they were down and getting up.

40 minutes ago, PA4Real said:

That's no different than what we see every Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Thursday. Cant blame kids to always restrain from doing what college and professional players can't refrain from doing as well.  Blame has to go around. For this to be going on all season, the coaching can't go without some fault.  EVERYONE has admitted that refs have taken games away from teams at some point.  It was evident Friday. Can't deny a lot were called on 3rd and long. IJS

Was the coach or the kid was getting the flags? If the coaches are telling you that they are going to try to get at you, just walk away from that bs, what more can he do? Bro you still responsible for your own actions regardless of what level of football your playing. It wasn't the whole team, just 3 or 4 who kept getting flagged, Seniors at that. The facemask calls, stuff like that can't be helped at times. Man in my 9th and 10th grade year I was an unsportsmanlike conduct king. Wasn't listing to coaches, because I wanted to do what I wanted to do. It took a situation like what happed last week for me to wake up and see that by me getting my payback, was hurting the team. Never got another one after that game. Those are young men, not toddlers hold them accountable when its on them. Coaches can only tell you what you need to do, you as a player have to decide if you gonna listen. 

16 minutes ago, BoGip7387 said:

Was the coach or the kid was getting the flags? If the coaches are telling you that they are going to try to get at you, just walk away from that bs, what more can he do? Bro you still responsible for your own actions regardless of what level of football your playing. It wasn't the whole team, just 3 or 4 who kept getting flagged, Seniors at that. The facemask calls, stuff like that can't be helped at times. Man in my 9th and 10th grade year I was an unsportsmanlike conduct king. Wasn't listing to coaches, because I wanted to do what I wanted to do. It took a situation like what happed last week for me to wake up and see that by me getting my payback, was hurting the team. Never got another one after that game. Those are young men, not toddlers hold them accountable when its on them. Coaches can only tell you what you need to do, you as a player have to decide if you gonna listen. 

As a coach, what do you do? Do you keep them in the game and allow them to keep hurting the team?  Everybody has decisions to make. 

20 minutes ago, PA4Real said:

As a coach, what do you do? Do you keep them in the game and allow them to keep hurting the team?  Everybody has decisions to make. 

That's that double edged sword that you have to deal with. That's a tough decision to make. To me it comes down to how much of a drop off you have in talent at that position. If he did that, fans would kill the coaches for that too. I can hear it now, "he took 3 of the best players out of the game when they needed them the most!" Do I think the refs had an agenda? Yup, but I also feel we need to show more restraint and self control as a team. Only 2  flags really bothered me. Ned dropped a pass and might have cursed, no defender was around him, they throw a flag. Crook, pushes a guy out of bounds, he may have said something I don't know but he wasn't facing anyone, flag. I can almost guarantee that on Friday Porter is gonna try their best to get under our skin. We have that reputation for taking the bait now.

1 hour ago, BoGip7387 said:

That's that double edged sword that you have to deal with. That's a tough decision to make. To me it comes down to how much of a drop off you have in talent at that position. If he did that, fans would kill the coaches for that too. I can hear it now, "he took 3 of the best players out of the game when they needed them the most!" Do I think the refs had an agenda? Yup, but I also feel we need to show more restraint and self control as a team. Only 2  flags really bothered me. Ned dropped a pass and might have cursed, no defender was around him, they throw a flag. Crook, pushes a guy out of bounds, he may have said something I don't know but he wasn't facing anyone, flag. I can almost guarantee that on Friday Porter is gonna try their best to get under our skin. We have that reputation for taking the bait now.

After what happened this morning, it'll be a different outcome. (Ask lil Gip when he gets home) 

4 minutes ago, thaghost said:

After what happened this morning, it'll be a different outcome. (Ask lil Gip when he gets home) 

I know that's what I've always seen from every program I've been in for football. If you have a player (or a team) that can't keep it under the control, you play aggressive because it will set them off. You have to be able to get past that.

As far as the complaint about both sides jawing, my take on this has always been to be the bigger person and let the scoreboard talk for you. It doesn't matter if the other guy is calling you everything under the sun, you saying something back will not add a single point to that scoreboard.

In my time in PA I noticed that Memorial was always stacked with NCAA caliber players. If they can get the penalties taken care of they should be just fine.

I have been saying for the past two weeks that we have not gotten any better. i'm man enough to admit when i was wrong about people, to an extent and about to admit it right now. this team was more disciplined under KR than this. the play calling is still at the same level, but KR DEMANDED respect, have fun, but shut your mouth and play. some fans say the same things was happening when he was there and i disagree!!! when KR was coach, i seen ONE player ejected and it was in bmt cause he threw a punch. helmet slamming and acting a donkey didn't happen. the defense is still top notch, but that hole in their faces make them not so good and takes away from them. No disrespect to NC, but when you look at the scoring in the first half, they did nothing spectacular as in we gonna where you down and score every time. one bomb and fake punt in one half. oh and a fg. the second half due to all the penalties, saw the defense on the field way more and eventually they got tired.

lets speak on the REAL problem. the OFFENSE IS NON EXISTENT! cheney and wr's can't do it alone. to be honest, this game the ol did a pretty good job. it has to be a QB change and now. before everyone get all crazy, hear me out. the film don't lie. Ladia is not accurate beyond 10 yards. yes he hits some long plays, but that's because of poor defense. washington might not be that accurate then again, he might. what he does bring to the game is he can atleast make plays with his legs. IMO Kadon was a better passer and i get it. 3 year starter, coach is dad, had a qb coach. my knock on kadon was the run was open for him and he didn't take it as much therefore him forcing throws and getting picked or taking a 20 yard sack. if this kid don't have the tools to get you the win, then he needs to sit and let someone else try. he is gonna look good for the rest of the year. i take that back. porter and kwp he's gonna look bad. unless they limit him screens. the last two games he's gonna look like mahomes smh. i'm 1000% on stop making excuses and everyone/ref is out to get Port Arthur. fans don't realize thatPAM since that first game has been identified as "troublemakers". you don't think coaches are telling refs prior to game "watch #9 and #5 for unsportsman". we have built that reputation and as someone said, now they gotta eat that turd burger. i see PAM going  8-2 and 2rds at the most.