Baytown Sterling at LaPorte; Only District win for 1 team

ThirdDay

13 minutes ago, CHampGP753 said:

Take all of the Hispanic kids out of all these programs since they are an "issue" and see if you can field a full on team and scout team during practice.

I didn't say they were an issue.  I'm saying that statistically it isn't always the ideal situation for a football team because football relies on numbers.  Having a large group of kids that don't play football...will not help the situation of a football program.

14 minutes ago, Loyal Ranger said:

Have you heard of a team called Calallen and a guy named Phil Danaher? 

check the history - 

This is the hidden content, please

Of course I know of Calallen and Phil Danaher.  I've met him..  I don't need to check the history.  His vast success still doesn't disprove the point that I've been making.  Calallen and Phil Danaher has beaten a football team outside of Region 4 in the state playoffs  twice in his entire coaching career.  

8 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Of course I know of Calallen and Phil Danaher.  I've met him..  I don't need to check the history.  His vast success still doesn't disprove the point that I've been making.  Calallen and Phil Danaher has beaten a football team outside of Region 4 in the state playoffs  twice in his entire coaching career.  

this is what you said earlier.."" I'm not using titles as relevance.  I'm showing that ANY team out of region 4 still can't compete with the rest of the state these days.  The original point was that LP has fallen by the way side because of dropping enrollment and a demographic swing.  Someone said.."well Judson has a lot of Hispanics".. Well.. All of South Tx does.  SOMEONE has to be the best team in region 4.  Still can't beat the other regions."

*hence my post since Calallen just went to state in 16-17 If your one of the last two teams that means you beat the other region in the regional round Correct? 

16 minutes ago, Loyal Ranger said:

this is what you said earlier.."" I'm not using titles as relevance.  I'm showing that ANY team out of region 4 still can't compete with the rest of the state these days.  The original point was that LP has fallen by the way side because of dropping enrollment and a demographic swing.  Someone said.."well Judson has a lot of Hispanics".. Well.. All of South Tx does.  SOMEONE has to be the best team in region 4.  Still can't beat the other regions."

*hence my post since Calallen just went to state in 16-17 If your one of the last two teams that means you beat the other region in the regional round Correct? 

You're right.. And I'll give you another one since we're looking for exceptions.  Refugio is another.  Calallen and Refugio are two schools in the region 4/San Antonio or south of..areas that have beaten a school from a different region in the last decade or more.  About 20 or so state semifinal or final games per year and you found a couple that disprove what I said.  Good job.  I'm still sticking to my point that region 4 teams (except Austin WL and LT) are irrelevant when it comes to football.  You can speculate as to why that is however you feel like. 

1 hour ago, speedy48 said:

The Sterling football team as bad as I hate to say it have no heart.  There is no discipline as shown by all the dumb penalties for late hits, and lack of hustle.  The person I feel for is Calvin Hill as the same plays are being called.  Trying to run against 8 man fronts with blitzing is next to impossible

My thoughts exactly.  I don’t think I have seen a Sterling team with such lack of discipline.  We probably had more penalty yardage than offensive yards.  The penalties tonight should have been corrected by this time of year. 

The negative yardage trying to run backwards to try to out run the D and intentional grounding was horrible. 

2 touchdowns in 3 district games...make it 4 after NS next week.  

I see no passion, no fire from this coaching staff.  

Exactly, the entire team needs a gut check from the head coach on down as to what they want to accomplish the rest of the year, what happened to the we are going to blitz often.  Then we have the defensive philosophy of let’s let them catch the ball them we will try to tackle them.  Out of the 3 Baytown school I have seen Sterling and Lee play I think Lee has more heart, plays with more heart and appears to be headed in the right direction  The only direction Sterling has right now is spiraling down and it looks like the future don’t look any brighter.  Let me say this though there are some kids who seem to care, play hard, and give it their best.  It’s one thing to have a penalty called for trying to make a play or protecting a quarterback when holding is called.  I’m talking about all the late hits, the extracurricular penalties that they have been receiving.  If a player does things like that repeatedly hurting his team maybe he needs to be sitting next to the coach on the sideline.     

1 hour ago, speedy48 said:

Exactly, the entire team needs a gut check from the head coach on down as to what they want to accomplish the rest of the year, what happened to the we are going to blitz often.  Then we have the defensive philosophy of let’s let them catch the ball them we will try to tackle them.  Out of the 3 Baytown school I have seen Sterling and Lee play I think Lee has more heart, plays with more heart and appears to be headed in the right direction  The only direction Sterling has right now is spiraling down and it looks like the future don’t look any brighter.  Let me say this though there are some kids who seem to care, play hard, and give it their best.  It’s one thing to have a penalty called for trying to make a play or protecting a quarterback when holding is called.  I’m talking about all the late hits, the extracurricular penalties that they have been receiving.  If a player does things like that repeatedly hurting his team maybe he needs to be sitting next to the coach on the sideline.     

This senior class is on their 3rd head  coach.  Without stability at the top, it's hard to change the culture of a program.

Study the teachings of Dr Edward Deming and why he left USA after WWII. Same problem here. After he resurrected Japan by establishing principals that formed Toyota and Sony he came back to America who adopted his principals to form our entire MBA program. One guiding principle of his was stop blaming the workers, ALWAYS THE FAULT OF MANAGEMENT.

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:07 PM, speedy48 said:

The Sterling football team as bad as I hate to say it have no heart.  There is no discipline as shown by all the dumb penalties for late hits, and lack of hustle.  The person I feel for is Calvin Hill as the same plays are being called.  Trying to run against 8 man fronts with blitzing is next to impossible

North Shore has scored 55, 58 and 75 points in 3 district games and will score at least 50 on everyone in district play.  Hopefully the Sterling kids can at least come out of this game healthy. 

2 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

North Shore has scored 55, 58 and 75 points in 3 district games and will score at least 50 on everyone in district play.  Hopefully the Sterling kids can at least come out of this game healthy. 

I was kind of shocked at the 75 points against Deer Park. DP must have ticked off Coach Kay.

Depends on respect, I believe Coach K gives respect to those teams who have a history of respect, thus their score vs Laporte which could have been much worse as compared to the deer score. I believe they’ll put up 75-80.  Bandwagon nice to see you still got it-like that quick dry wit. Another note bandwagon I do believe PNG QB is the Truth and will be the man for the horns by game 2 cause west lake kid too careless with the rock. I hope Tom leaves for Ohio U after wife gets NOW organization fired up from her tweets about buckeye coach. I think Dabo makes the plunge, hopefully. What do you think, Bandwagon?